Facebook login app creating negative user experience

Notification from FB

BI & Analytics (15..........15) appears to be creating a negative experience on Facebook in violation of our Platform Policies. If you do not make the changes to get your app into compliance, we will be forced to place a restriction on your app.

Your app BI & Analytics has been restricted for creating a negative user experience in violation of our Platform Policies.

Your app BI & Analytics has been restricted for creating a negative user experience that is in violation of our Platform Policies.

For more details about your app's violation, please check your app's Contact Email.

I had a similar email, sent in a ticket but Invision support didn't know

In working to create a great Platform experience for everyone, we ask developers to ensure the apps they build comply with our Platform Policies. Your app (AppId: 1117262295087199) doesn't comply with the following:

Platform Policy 8.1: Verify that you have integrated Login correctly. Your app shouldn't crash or hang during the testing process.

During Login, your app or website is crashing or hanging excessively, creating a broken experience for people trying to use your Login integration. To make sure this flow runs smoothly, check that you've integrated Facebook Login correctly. We recommend that you test Login on all integrations. If you have not already done so, please:

• We encourage you to test your Login integration following these steps here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-login/testing-your-login-flow/
• Best Practices for Login can be found here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-login/best-practices

You can access the full list of our Platform Policies here: https://developers.facebook.com/policy/.

Please make the requested changes by 2020-01-26 at 12:00 PST.

Let us know when you've updated your app by replying to this email. If we do not hear back from you, your app will be subject to enforcement. If you have outstanding questions, respond here and we'll do our best to help.

Edited by marklcfc

I got this message too. We have the FB login activated and didn't change anything in the past. We got the first warning mid of Dec. We checked the FB developer page and looked for any notes. Nothing. Beginning of Jan they deactivated our app due to the ongoing bad experience.

So there seem to be something wrong with the app handling process.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Same issue for my another community

In working to create a great Platform experience for everyone, we ask developers to ensure the apps they build comply with our Platform Policies. Your app Engineering Talks  (AppId: ........................3) doesn't comply with the following:

Platform Policy 8.1: Verify that you have integrated Login correctly. Your app shouldn't crash or hang during the testing process.

During Login, your app or website is crashing or hanging excessively, creating a broken experience for people trying to use your Login integration. To make sure this flow runs smoothly, check that you've integrated Facebook Login correctly. We recommend that you test Login on all integrations. If you have not already done so, please:

• We encourage you to test your Login integration following these steps here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-login/testing-your-login-flow/
• Best Practices for Login can be found here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-login/best-practices

• 2 weeks later...

No. I got the same message today.

XXXXXXX) appears to be creating a negative experience on Facebook in violation of our Platform Policies. If you do not make the changes to get your app into compliance, we will be forced to place a restriction on your app.

Please check your XXXX@gmail.com inbox for more information. If you haven't received an email from us, please ensure that the email address listed in the App Dashboard under App Settings is correct.

Is Facebook login working for you personally? If so, have you reached back out to Facebook to describe the error they are experiencing? A few have come into support that were caused by third party items installed, manual IP bans, etc... My personal site got sent this because the Facebook tester was in a country I block on my personal server. Ultimately, getting the exact error from Facebook will help you narrow down what they're experiencing then if it is an application error, it can be possible to get the date/time or IP address that they accessed from to see what error they are encountering.

21 hours ago, Jim M said:

Is Facebook login working for you personally? If so, have you reached back out to Facebook to describe the error they are experiencing? A few have come into support that were caused by third party items installed, manual IP bans, etc... My personal site got sent this because the Facebook tester was in a country I block on my personal server. Ultimately, getting the exact error from Facebook will help you narrow down what they're experiencing then if it is an application error, it can be possible to get the date/time or IP address that they accessed from to see what error they are encountering.

No it's not ... 

4 minutes ago, BostonBob said:

No it's not ... 

If Facebook login is not working for you, has Facebook disabled your access? If so, are you testing with the Facebook account you used to create the Facebook app?

Would recommend the below if you're not having a Facebook specific error:

1. Disable all third party applications and plugins.
  2. Switch to an unmodified theme.
  3. If you're still having issues submit a ticket and we can see if we can help you.