Post Comments (Support)

Allows members to add comments to forum posts. Set which forums are supported and group permissions for who can add comments.

Features

• Set which forums support post comments.
  • Set group permissions for who can view, add, edit, delete and moderate post comments.
  • Ban individual posts from receiving new comments.
  • Ban individual members from viewing and adding post comments.
  • Post comments widget to display the latest comments.
  • Supports email notification for topic authors and specified email addresses.
  • Supports standard IP.Board 4 comments with support for features like quoting, editing and reactions.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

1. This app support Clubs?

2. Can I set these kind permission?

Only admin and moderators can post in a topic,

Admin, moderators and members can view topic, posts and comments.

Members can not posts, but can comments.

Or, members can comments in a locked topic.

On 3/26/2021 at 5:04 AM, kmk said:

1. This app support Clubs?

2. Can I set these kind permission?

1. Yes this will show in club topics just the same as forum topics.

2. Yes you can set permissions for who can add comments and who can view comments separately to what ever you have set for forum permissions. But it's a single global permission and you can have it then allow members permission to comment in topics they can't post to.

Hi @Michael.J I have it purchased recetly, I would like suggest 3 littles changes to make it more cleanly and effective.

Blue: Is possible remove "Comments are available for this post..."?

Red: Is possible move button to below of content?

Then just change "View Comments" to "View (x) Comments"?

ipspostcomment.png

Edited by kmk

Hi @Michael.J

please could you add control where let us enable which post can be post comments?

That should be admin, moderators or owner permission. We don't want all posts showing the View Comments button and the message Commetns are available for this posts. Will be make sense just posts which enabled by admin, moderator or owner can be commented and showing the button View Comments.

On 3/31/2021 at 8:25 PM, kmk said:

Hi @Michael.J I have it purchased recetly, I would like suggest 3 littles changes to make it more cleanly and effective.

Blue: Is possible remove "Comments are available for this post..."?

Red: Is possible move button to below of content?

Then just change "View Comments" to "View (x) Comments"?

ipspostcomment.png

On 4/1/2021 at 12:25 PM, kmk said:

What theme are you using and I'll put together some hook point changes? The layout is a bit dated so think I can improve it a bit in a future update.

On 4/5/2021 at 12:16 PM, kmk said:

please could you add control where let us enable which post can be post comments?

Per post control?

34 minutes ago, Michael.J said:

Per post control?

Yes, will be excelent to control which post can be commented, it will help us to build a conversation thread very oganized.

Or if you can give us commenting directly below of post, I think with this mode we can avoid to work on Per post control, because this intuitive conversation mode will avoid all my concerns.

2 hours ago, kmk said:

Hi @Michael.J

After try building team conversations integrating postcomment in a topic, we found the comments wrapped into a button is not more intuitive than can see directly the comments below of each post, there any posibility to give us that option?

ipspostcomment (1).png

1. Click Add comments will show us the editor to leave a comment.

2. Move the View Comments to below of the content, aside of Quote button.

3. If the comment is so long...apply truncate mode and show Read More button to expand the comment to next truncate limite. 

On 4/7/2021 at 1:05 AM, Michael.J said:

Is it possible to get admin and ftp access? Would be easier for me to quickly apply these changes myself.  If so, PM me.

PM send. 

Is possible pass me the template code changed and instruction here, then by any issue I can revert it, inclusive apply it again?

On 4/10/2021 at 3:09 AM, kmk said:

Is possible pass me the template code changed and instruction here, then by any issue I can revert it, inclusive apply it again?

This is a custom change, so will need a little bit of time to put it together. And yes you can just revert any changes easily. Ideally it will be included in a future update anyway.