Discord Chat Client

4 hours ago, Vegan Gaymer said:

Okay, I have this now on my site, but it only allows GUESTS. It won't recognize me or my discord login. I only have the option to "Join" and then this creates a guest account. Is this how it is supposed to work? I was hoping people who already had logins to be able to use those. Thanks!

Yes, Discord Sign-in/account integration is currently a feature being worked on, but at the moment it's just guest based.

Experimental SSO (IPS integration) support might be added in the future for self-hosted instances as well.

13 hours ago, Makoto said:

Yes, Discord Sign-in/account integration is currently a feature being worked on, but at the moment it's just guest based.

LOL, oh nooo, I guess I missed that detail. I can't use this then. You did such a beautiful job, so I hope that feature gets added so we can log in. Is there a third-party application that you recommend that might add login capabilities? I saw "brilliant discord" mentioned in the documentation, but I see a few third-party options for integration in the marketplace.  Thank you! 

• 3 weeks later...

@Makoto if we already have a discord server, and we embed this to work with specific rooms, would the permissions of that room not be picked up in the embed to not allow "guests" to chat, and only allow it via roles set to the person that is logged in? I plan to use another app called Brilliant Discord to handle the roles/member levels...and your app to embed the chat on our pages. Should this not work?

Thanks in advance!

14 hours ago, ImpartialGeek said:

Downloaded this today, and for some reason, I keep getting an error saying my BOT doesn't have the correct permissions, when it has every permission possible. I can see the chatroom that people are able to join in the dropdown, but when connecting get the error...

https://gl.d.pr/Mxyntd

That's the error I am getting. Any ideas?

Hey ImpartialGeek!

I sent you a response on Discord. I'm happy to look into this for you and help you get everything set up properly whenever you're next available!

It looks like something is just misconfigured somewhere and it should be easy enough to fix once I'm able to get a look at your current configuration.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2020 at 10:35 AM, Makoto said:

You can use your own bot if you self-host the chat client, but can you elaborate on what you mean by using your own discord channel and such?

@Makoto I want to bring our Discord Chat into the IPS forums we host.  I am on a VPS with our community.  Id like to replace the current Chat program on our IPS community and use our Discord Chat and rooms on from Discord on our IPS community.  Will this App allow us to bring our Discord Chat rooms into our IPS community?

2 minutes ago, Legion of Honor said:

@Makoto I want to bring our Discord Chat into the IPS forums we host.  I am on a VPS with our community.  Id like to replace the current Chat program on our IPS community and use our Discord Chat and rooms on from Discord on our IPS community.  Will this App allow us to bring our Discord Chat rooms into our IPS community?

It will, yes! You can see a demo of how the application works here:

https://www.taiga.sh/discord-chat/

It doesn't natively integrate with IPS, so your members will just be chatting as guests (and in the neat future it will have users login with their Discord accounts instead), but it can be used seamlessly.

3 hours ago, Makoto said:

It will, yes! You can see a demo of how the application works here:

https://www.taiga.sh/discord-chat/

It doesn't natively integrate with IPS, so your members will just be chatting as guests (and in the neat future it will have users login with their Discord accounts instead), but it can be used seamlessly.

@MakotoSo i cant use our discord chat from discord?  I need control over our room as to keep out the trolls and permissions in our own chatroom.  I have brilliant discord for logging into discord and it loads our chatroom on discord, but what I am asking is can we use our own discord chat using your app?

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

@Makoto

It's been a while since you sed thiss application will have "login" function but as much comments i see here you haven't gaved a answer when is 

On 2/9/2020 at 4:10 PM, Makoto said:

in the neat future it will have users login

For others i can recommend simple widget bot embed (search in google)

Users around who build there own communities are looking to open these features inside the forum so even knowing there are this widget bot solution we "pray" for you @Makoto for remember us with this need 🙏

Regards

• 1 month later...