REMOVE QUOTE

Bitlab Media Group

3 hours ago, opentype said:

CSS:

[data-ipsquote-editor="topic_comment"] [data-action="quoteComment"]  { display:none; }

Not really bullet-proof of course, since you can also quote by selecting a text and using the button that appears in this case.  

This will remove the tooltip

.ipsComment_inlineQuoteTooltip{
	display: none !important;
}

In addition to hiding the link (CSS examples have been supplied, but you can edit the theme templates to do this as well), you can also visit the Editor Toolbars configuration page in the AdminCP to remove the button from the editor. You can also double click on the button in the AdminCP on this page to reset the permissions so no one has permission to use quoting by manually specifying the tags as well.

Thanks for your response all, bfarber.. I am very new to working with IPS, used to wordpress.. can i ask you 

1. how do i edit the theme? do i assume to download it and edit it? Upload again, Guessing as i ask

2. I tried your comment, about editing the tool bar dragging quotes from top to bottom.. but the Quote still appears. Could you explain future?

1433836706_ScreenShot2018-10-23at6_27_00AM.thumb.jpg.81d23426ceaf3cc29f26d79b4ce90392.jpg

3. I see permissions on a forum, which disallows "Reply to topics" but nothing about "Quote", do detail..

Thanks!

~saraJ

195151230_ScreenShot2018-10-23at6_28_57AM.thumb.jpg.093a3f4b69930993c15ba5d0616d754d.jpg

On 10/21/2018 at 3:57 AM, opentype said:

CSS:

[data-ipsquote-editor="topic_comment"] [data-action="quoteComment"]  { display:none; }

Not really bullet-proof of course, since you can also quote by selecting a text and using the button that appears in this case. 

Also opentype.. thanks for your comment this did help, but the box (+) still had a quote on mouse click..

any suggestions on how i could further remove that??

thanks.

227686860_ScreenShot2018-10-23at6_31_47AM.thumb.jpg.24718c3c2b8b689134d761e3bd390197.jpg

There is a support topic for the "(TB) Hide Quote Button" here

And a support topic for the "Kitchen Sink" here

Best places to ask if its suitable for the latest version or otherwise (I am aware of the compatibility notice on the file descriptor)

PS, no need to post in "ALL CAPS" 🙂 People will see the topic just as well without.

3 hours ago, Bitlab Media Group said:

Thanks for your response all, bfarber.. I am very new to working with IPS, used to wordpress.. can i ask you 

1. how do i edit the theme? do i assume to download it and edit it? Upload again, Guessing as i ask

2. I tried your comment, about editing the tool bar dragging quotes from top to bottom.. but the Quote still appears. Could you explain future?

1433836706_ScreenShot2018-10-23at6_27_00AM.thumb.jpg.81d23426ceaf3cc29f26d79b4ce90392.jpg

3. I see permissions on a forum, which disallows "Reply to topics" but nothing about "Quote", do detail..

I find it ironic I'm quoting you here to give you advice on how to remove the quote button. 😛

1) To edit your theme you visit AdminCP > Customization > Themes, then you click the </> icon next to your theme. You then choose the template to edit, and from there it's mostly HTML with some variables and "HTML logic" to support looping and things like that.

2) For each tab (Large, Medium and Small) you drag the quote button to the "Buttons not on editor" toolbar at the bottom. You can also double click the button to adjust its permissions.

YA! me too! @ ironic.. like i said this project im working on, we don't need it. But thanks for your tips as well learned a bit just now, blind for some reason being new to IPS - i always jump straight to CSS. But ya as far as QUOTE I understand it's purpose, but client does not want it..

Cheers! Thanks for your time.

~saraJ

2 hours ago, Millipede said:

I don't know if this free plugin still works on v.4.3.6, I have one of Terabyte's other older plugins which still works:

Failing that, this paid plugin includes a feature to remove "quote" from posts too:

Thanks!

~saraJ

Archived