(TB) Hide Quote Button from Posts

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Sorry guys, I've been absent for quite a while but I'll be around again from now on. This modification does indeed still work with newer versions, but with the changes IPS made to the marketplace it's not possible to download it anymore.

I've gone ahead and submitted a new version so that it's properly listed as compatible for 4.4-4.6. Just waiting for IPS to approve the change. 😺

On 12/12/2019 at 5:52 PM, sadface201 said:

Hello! It seems the plugin is interfering with Clubs. We have the plugin to hide the Quote button in one forum, however it also hides it in all our Clubs. We confirmed this by disabling the plugin and the Quote button reappears in clubs, but when enabled it's hidden.

And again, sorry about the really late reply. Apart from being absent I didn't have notifications enabled either for this topic.

Back to your issue. I never checked clubs (they weren't even an option when I first coded this plugin) but it makes sense because topics inside clubs are just normal topics in the end. I can think of 3 possible solutions for the next version:

1. Enable showing a list of clubs in the nodes that can be excluded (but each new club would have to be added manually).
  2. Same as #1, but see if I can add a setting that automatically adds any new club in the excluded list. (I haven't checked if it's possible just yet.)
  3. Add a global setting to ignore all clubs regardless.

Which option would work better for you?

20 hours ago, teraßyte said:

And again, sorry about the really late reply. Apart from being absent I didn't have notifications enabled either for this topic.

Back to your issue. I never checked clubs (they weren't even an option when I first coded this plugin) but it makes sense because topics inside clubs are just normal topics in the end. I can think of 3 possible solutions for the next version:

1. Enable showing a list of clubs in the nodes that can be excluded (but each new club would have to be added manually).
  2. Same as #1, but see if I can add a setting that automatically adds any new club in the excluded list. (I haven't checked if it's possible just yet.)
  3. Add a global setting to ignore all clubs regardless.

Which option would work better for you?

Number 1 (or 2 if it's possible) sounds good! Currently we don't need to hide the quote button in any of our clubs but I think it'd be good to have the option available in case we need it in the future.

No worries about the delay! Thank you for getting back to me!

• 2 weeks later...

@sadface201 I decided to go ahead with option #1 and #3 in the end. I've already submitted the new version for both plugins (this one and the first post one only). If there are enough requests for option #2 I'll reconsider it in the future.

Here's a preview of the changelog until the new version is approved:

• The exclude setting now works also for forums inside clubs
  • Added a new global setting to exclude all clubs without having to select each one manually

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...