Multiple emails to support, no reply. Forum posts deleted.

PC-WPG

9 minutes ago, PC-WPG said:

I am trying to get a refund for my IP board because I never used the license and the download has been removed from my account. So much for a "permanent" copy of the software. Multiple emails to support and no replies. 

There are no refunds.
You can sell, provided you pay the renewal.

Or just get over it and let it go. You had a chance to test the software thoroughly before you bought it – that’s what the demo option is for. Once you bought it, you bought it. There is usually no refund for software sales – especially not years(!) after the purchase. No software company will do that. You’re wasting your time asking for it. 

Only current clients can download the software. You had the option to do that when you were a client. It's not anybody else's fault if you chose not to do it. You can pay a renewal fee to become a current client again (like the rest of us do) and spend all day downloading copies afterwards if you like. 

Its always been this way, once your support expires you lose download access. As others have said if you renew you'll usually regain access again.

AFAIK: The only very very rare exception is if you have some kind of one of the legacy type licences that was never upgraded/changed over in which case a couple more steps may be needed to regain downloads, although a ticket in the Client Area is the way to go with your concerns anyway rather than a topic here I think. :smile:

https://invisioncommunity.com/legal/standards#payment

14 minutes ago, Joel R said:

I think the OP has a legitimate question on why his emails to support have not been answered though?

Generally (afaik, staff will confirm) you can still send in tickets to certain departments. Failing that there's always the Contact Form. I see what you're saying ( and why :smile: ) but the form is probably the best way, that way you can be sure its 'arrived' :smile:

I just actually checked with a "legacy" licence (ancient perpetual/life) I have out of random curiosity and that still had access to submit a ticket, not for support issues as such but it still 'worked' if that makes sense.

46 minutes ago, Joel R said:

I think the OP has a legitimate question on why his emails to support have not been answered though?

He originally mentioned sending emails to billing in an earlier thread. IPS responded that there isn't an email address for billing and asked him which address he'd sent to. He didn't respond to that question. He later claimed to have sent in several support requests but IPS could only find one, from a whopping 13 minutes before.

• Management

1 hour ago, Joel R said:

To what email address did you send them? On what days / time did you send? 

1 hour ago, AndyF said:

Generally (afaik, staff will confirm) you can still send in tickets to certain departments. Failing that there's always the Contact Form. I see what you're saying ( and why :smile: ) but the form is probably the best way, that way you can be sure its 'arrived' :smile:

I just actually checked with a "legacy" licence (ancient perpetual/life) I have out of random curiosity and that still had access to submit a ticket, not for support issues as such but it still 'worked' if that makes sense.

38 minutes ago, Meddysong said:

He originally mentioned sending emails to billing in an earlier thread. IPS responded that there isn't an email address for billing and asked him which address he'd sent to. He didn't respond to that question. He later claimed to have sent in several support requests but IPS could only find one, from a whopping 13 minutes before.

To answer those concerns: put simply we are replying.

The OP has one ticket in support which is the first ticket opened under their account since 2013. The reply history is:

September 4 - opened ticket

September 4 & 5 - various emails between OP and our staff

September 14 - OP reply back to the email we sent on 5th

September 17 - various emails between OP and our staff

As of this moment we are simply awaiting for OP to reply back to us.

It's not really appropriate to do this on the community (which is why your other posts were removed) but I wanted to be sure the record was accurate for those concerned as we pride ourselves on responsive support. The OP is asking for a refund for a purchase from 2012 - it's so outside the bounds of normal I cannot recall anyone ever asking that before.

Archived