ThreadStarter: Movies

17 minutes ago, batarjal said:

I agree that it should open in a new tab, I'll add that to the next update.

I'm not sure if changing a review is possible, I reported it and linked to your post.

Hello. Can you tell me when the next update will be? I'm not keen on running this app until this is addressed. Thanks.

2 hours ago, batarjal said:

You can change it easily yourself so you don't have to wait
It's just one template adjustment under:

ACP > Customization > Appearance > Themes > Edit HTML and CSS </> > Search for threadstarterimage

tareget_blank.thumb.png.80aaab0f4e981c25d86056f8fc2dcb00.png

Outstanding. I appreciate the information. I'll change it on my end. Thanks again.

2 hours ago, batarjal said:

You can change it easily yourself so you don't have to wait
It's just one template adjustment under:

ACP > Customization > Appearance > Themes > Edit HTML and CSS </> > Search for threadstarterimage

tareget_blank.thumb.png.80aaab0f4e981c25d86056f8fc2dcb00.png

I appreciate the advice on this, but this doesn't appear to be the area that builds the links in question. I am referring to the thumbnail links to the actors in a given movie, or to movie credits to a given actor. I've included a pic below. These thumbnail links link to the current window the site occupies.

1244650163_ScreenShot2021-07-11at5_43_59PM.thumb.png.98aa3fd6aae0d969d3752a1d4bb78c1f.png

1872687526_ScreenShot2021-07-11at5_49_23PM.thumb.png.91cb5952b1f6ddb091bda3dae7fd3d2d.png

Edited by DonnonGT
On 7/11/2021 at 7:17 AM, DonnonGT said:

I've got the system installed and running. Is it possible for me to change my review? I'm sorry about that. It was late, I had just finished updating the software on my site and an unrelated issue had just crashed the forums. I thought the ThreadStarter plugin might have done it. That wasn't the case.

Anyway, I like the app. I just have one concern. Some of the content (Like The movie picture links for an actor) links  to TMDB's website, which I don't mind, but it is openning in the same tab as my site. Anything that links off of a person's site should do so in a new window/tab. I'd appreciate it if you could put targets in those links that accomplished this. I don't want to lose visitors to someone else's site or make it a pain for them to navigate back to my site. Thanks.

I have removed the old review.

• 5 months later...

Installed it on the newest forum software and installed perfectly. The only issue I'm having so far is that it's not grabbing any content of the movie/show. Any ideas?

--------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: It still works except that the content shows after you post the thread and not before like it usually does.

It doesn’t show the text for about when being viewed by mobile. At least not on my iPhone. 

Edited by Greek76
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2022 at 2:53 PM, Nathan Explosion said:

If you want to see what was updated, then check the change log.

The change log of this resource indicates that there was no version update (stays as 1.1.6, following its previous release on Jan 7 2021) and the update was to mark it as IPS 4.6 compatible

image.png.4ddadc77ad792bf7c86eab47aa6b1dba.png

Now is new updated!

We do not know what is problem? No update - no renew - no install?

Maybe someone know more - IPS team?

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
2 hours ago, EmpireKicking said:

Be cool to have someone take over this project 🙂 

I use game thread starter and it no longer works ;( I need this to be WORKING It's perfect for my needs

This was definitely a great app. It’s a shame that developers lose interest and stop supporting their plug ins.