ThreadStarter: Movies

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, JustHatched said:

I seem to be getting some sort of a double post of this. In the pic this is below my signature on my site. Everything above my signature appears correct as on the demo site. This is on the IPS theme and the credits are stacked on top of each other

thread.thumb.png.6bbf2462f3dfa76ce801d3ed0fdf6249.png

Nevermind. I not sure why or how but seems to be ok now

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello I've bought the movie, book, and music plugins and all of them struggle to even function a little bit. At first the movie one wouldn't even pull up anything past st, soon as I put in an a for star wars it gave a blank list. On the book plug in when I put in an s, it pulls up nothing, and for music putting in an s nothing comes up. Any help is appreciated.

Hello!

You need to type more than single letters.  The plugins can’t come with a list of all movies or books in existence, they run search queries in the background and a search won’t start before you enter a couple of letters, a list with all the books containing an ,s‘ doesn’t help much.

If you want to add a star Star Wars movie or a Stephen king book you’ll have to enter ‚Star Wars‘ or ‚Stephen King‘ to get the best results.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!
It should be much smoother - The delay for your page seems to be like 10 seconds, usually it is less than one second.

You could check if your webserver has a current version of curl enabled:
You can see the curl version in the ACP > Support > phpinfo
Search for curl on that page, the version should be 7.36 or higher, otherwise IPB won't use it.
With curl enabled the threadstarter plugins should run much better.

If curl is up to date you can also send me a PM with a link to your forum and test account, maybe I can see the issue there.

A couple of suggestions for a future update:

I have created two forums that utilise the ThreadStarter Movies app one for Movies and one for TV Series. I have noticed that your app can display TV series taken from the movie database. So I have two forums but using the widget I was wondering if there was any way you could separate Movies from TV series on the widget so that only movies appear in the movies forum and TV series only appear in the TV forum when using the widget; something in the settings perhaps.

I mentioned a suggestion regarding the forum listing, but you may have missed it.  In another software a third party developer devised a similar app to your own, but the forum listing looks so much more polished and I was wondering if you could do something similar - screenshot below:

image.thumb.png.3e9897aa783358e74c4979e4d22637c8.png

Thanks as always for bringing us great apps that add to the flavour of our sites.

👍

Edited by Davyc
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Paweł Mysłek said:

You must add here: https://www.themoviedb.org

I have no idea what you mean by that.  The movie database is the source of the information, the product that draws that information is @batarjal app and I am asking if it would be possible to add to that app the ability to draw down an episode by episode population by the app.

The screenshots that I added above are from an app that a Xenforo developer created and it does exactly that, so it is not beyond the realms of possibility for @batarjal to add this as a feature if he so wishes.

At present the app will only draw down information about a series, not the episodes within that series, as an example:

Search for Star Trek and you can populate a post with information drawn from tmdb about the series, but you can't add seasons and then the episodes that appeared in a season; that is what I am asking for,  It can be done, as witnessed by the Xenforo app, so it's a legitimate question to ask the developer if he can add this feature.

😉

• 2 weeks later...