(MIX) Advanced Reaction Settings [support topic]

What's New in Version 1.1.5   

Version 1.1.5 only for IPS 4.4!

• Added setting for the ability, by analogy with the ban, to allow the reaction of certain groups.
  • Added setting to select the reaction behavior when the user has secondary groups. (If the setting is enabled, the availability of the reaction will depend only on the main group to which the user belongs, otherwise both the main and secondary groups will be taken into account)

I'm loving this plugin, it's working exactly how I hoped it would. But now I'm getting greedy for an additional feature and was curious if you'd ever implement such a thing: is it possible to limit the number of each individual react?

I would like a single react available to users that can only be used a single time per day, giving that react a larger rep value, but making it valuable and only used when necessary. 

22 minutes ago, Dayton28 said:

would like a single react available to users that can only be used a single time per day, giving that react a larger rep value, but making it valuable and only used when necessary

I think so, quite. The only thing is that I do not understand the terms(

Now temporarily without a big brother (PC), how quickly can it be done with a mobile while the question)))

15 minutes ago, DSyste said:

Is it possible to implement this feature now?

Similarly, I will try as much as possible, if it does not require conversion to the application or making deeper corrections.

• 1 month later...

I am not able to edit my negative review anymore it seems. Anyway, after the fixes the app seems to work perfectly. I would update my review to 3* if I was able to. Deducing 2*, because the fixes were delayed for pretty long time. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm really interested. Is the system working properly now? I've read some salty comments. All I want to do, really, is create unique reactions for my premium members, that all low-class members will be able to receive and see and envy. :- )

Edited by xdrox
On 7/21/2019 at 6:30 PM, xdrox said:

I'm really interested. Is the system working properly now? I've read some salty comments. All I want to do, really, is create unique reactions for my premium members, that all low-class members will be able to receive and see and envy. :- )

That part of it is currently working correctly.

I've had some issues with permissions, sometimes they act a bit odd, but if you try the opposite approach, then it works (for example, if you're having trouble allowing one react to a single group and it's not working, try setting it to be DISallowed by all OTHER groups).  But after some minor testing, you should have the permissions system figured out.

Also careful if you're doing site updates or IPS Support is checking out a problem: if Advanced Reactions is disabled, suddenly EVERYONE has full access to ALL reactions, even if they're some +100 rep reacts that are rarely used and only by admin. To fix this, I temporarily disable the reactions that I don't want anyone to use when site maintenance is being done.

Now I'm just waiting for @MIXOH to add the ability to have individual max reacts/day for each reaction and group, that would make a big impact on our site and how it is used. 

Edited by Dayton28
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/15/2019 at 5:34 PM, Dayton28 said:

They discovered that if you change the react id in the url, you can give people reacts that you're not supposed to have access to.

I need more information about this, in what place and under what conditions this happens.  In general, the substitution of id in the request was taken into account and in case of an attempt an error will be generated, but since the reaction mechanism is very fragmented depending on the type of content, etc.  I could have missed something somewhere.

I found a fix. 

The problem is when a react has permissions enabled for a single person. Everyone else can use that react by posting that reactid in the url. 

So I changed it so that the react permission is disabled to everyone except for a single person. When they try to use the react they shouldn't use, they receive an error instead, which is good.

• 3 weeks later...

@MIXOH There was an issue with this plugin when I tried to react to one of @onlyME VideoBox app videos.  It would give an error.

@onlyME found the issue and gave me the fix below.

It makes reactions from 3rd-party apps not work with the error message:

This reaction is not available for publication of this member

Error code: PLUGIN - (MIX) ADVANCED REACTION SETTINGS/9

I just checked the code, they use $author = $item->member_id;  to get the member id, but there are some apps that don't use the column 'member_id' so the plugin makes the confliction. In this case, you can open the xml file and find

$author = $item->member_id;

Replace by

$author = $class::$databaseColumnMap['author'];

Save and import it again to fix the problem.

Big thanks to @onlyME for finding it and providing a fix.  💪

Edited by Bluto
  • 1 month later...
On 3/27/2019 at 11:41 AM, Dayton28 said:

I'm loving this plugin, it's working exactly how I hoped it would. But now I'm getting greedy for an additional feature and was curious if you'd ever implement such a thing: is it possible to limit the number of each individual react?

I would like a single react available to users that can only be used a single time per day, giving that react a larger rep value, but making it valuable and only used when necessary. 

@MIXOH Any potential update on when you might get around to this?