(MIX) Advanced Reaction Settings [support topic]

@Dayton28

What's New in Version 1.1.6   See changelog 

Released Just now

Version 1.1.6 only for IPS 4.4!

• Added Fix for better compatibility to the 3rd party applications. Big thanks to @onlyME for finding it and providing a fix.
  • Added setting allowing you to make the reaction unique. When it is turned on, any user with access to this reaction will be able to use it only 1 time per day (It should be understood once every 24 hours)
Edited by MIXOH

I tested it a bit more and these are the results:

1. I started with 'Allow reaction only for selected members' and enabled the Unique Reaction, but I was able to use it multiple times. (I removed each react after the test)

2. I then switched it to 'Disallow reaction for selected groups or members' and tried to make a react, but it told me I was only able to do it once per day and did not let me use it. (I had removed all the reacts, so it must have an internal memory of when it was used). The 'Disallow reaction for selected groups or members' option also has a flaw, which is why I never use it. A user can copy/paste the url to the react and use it, even if they're not supposed to. This is why I ONLY use the 'Allow reaction only for selected members' because it doesn't allow people to use it that are not supposed to.

3. I then TURNED OFF Unique Reaction, but I still can't use the react, now it says 'Sorry, there was a problem reacting to this content' when I try.

1 hour ago, MIXOH said:

I checked this. Please wait.

I THINK everything is working okay now, will just need to test it out by waiting a day, haha.

What I ended up doing is going through all my reacts and choosing all the options again to reset each react, otherwise the permissions for all my existing ones were also breaking.

For example, the react was already set to 'Disallow reaction for selected groups or members', so I chose 'Allow reaction only for selected members', then immediately changed it back to the original setting. That seemed to reset it, so I did the same for all my existing reacts.

Edited by Dayton28
On 10/28/2019 at 4:42 PM, Dayton28 said:

The next day (or even two or three days later) and I still can't use the reaction a second time. I've only ever been able to use it the first time

I do not confirm. Check if there is another prohibition on the use of this reaction.

On 10/25/2019 at 6:48 PM, Dayton28 said:

The 'Disallow reaction for selected groups or members' option also has a flaw, which is why I never use it. A user can copy/paste the url to the react and use it, even if they're not supposed to.

I do not confirm.

Still not working for me. I created a new reaction, gave it a value of 2, and disallowed it for anyone to use other than the Administrator group. This is the error it gives me the first time I use it. What am I doing wrong?

AxZGFOl.png

gdTp2wy.png

Also, what is the difference between 'Exclude these Members' and 'Disallow for Members'?

Edited by Dayton28
2 hours ago, Dayton28 said:

Still not working for me. I created a new reaction, gave it a value of 2, and disallowed it for anyone to use other than the Administrator group. This is the error it gives me the first time I use it. What am I doing wrong?

Yes, that’s how it happened to catch a bug. I’ll try to fix it tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Dayton28 said:

Also, what is the difference between 'Exclude these Members' and 'Disallow for Members'?

Read description....

Exclude these Members - Reactions will not be available FOR CONTENT posted by these members!

Disallow for Members - The reaction will be unavailable only for specified users and is available for all others

2 hours ago, MIXOH said:

Exclude these Members - Reactions will not be available FOR CONTENT posted by these members!

Disallow for Members - The reaction will be unavailable only for specified users and is available for all others

Ahh, at first I didn't understand what 'for content' meant, but now I do. Thanks.

7 hours ago, MIXOH said:

@Dayton28 Check again by download overwritten updated version 1.1.6, i'm fixed uniqe reactions

Do I need to completely delete the plugin before installing it? Because I just updated the plugin with the new download and it still doesn't seem to be working. 

I created a new reaction with the same settings as in my picture above and I'm getting the same error after trying to use it for the first time: "Sorry, you cannot add anymore reactions today"

Just noticed this support thread.

I am having an issue where it is allowing all users (does not matter how I set the restriction) to use restricted reactions on member status updates.

I logged in as a regular member and he can give literally all of the reactions... and yes it does actually add/remove the reputation points. As I said it is only on the member status updates. 

I also tried clearing the cache but no luck,,,

Any fix?

• 4 weeks later...