(MIX) Advanced Reaction Settings [support topic]

On 10/26/2018 at 9:53 AM, MIXOH said:

No, but in this sense everything works correctly, everyone will be able to see except the guests. I confirmed the points regarding guest viewing, and reactions to page entry comments.

I don't quite understand, I'm not experiencing the same thing.

If I allow only a single user to access and use a particular react, they're the only ones that are able to see that it was given. So if User A has access, ALL other users are unable to see the react in use, NOT just guests.

I also did the opposite and disallowed the reaction for ALL groups except for one, and only users in that group that have access can see the react.

I want it so that only THEY can use the react, but ALL other users in the forum (except for guests) can see that the react was given. Is that possible?

I've read through the download page, and also through this topic and I'm still not sure if this plugin can do what I'm looking for.

My use case is rather simple, I need a way to make reactions in specific forums (off-topic for example)....so that no points are ever awarded in the selected "off-topic" forums.  I don't want to disable reactions entirely in those forums (users love the getting their "likes")...but I don't want the "off-topic" reactions increasing member reputation scores, so this way the leader board would be based only on reputation given in forums that earn points.   

Is it possible with this add-on to have reputation enabled globally, but in selected forums have all reputation given worth 0 points while still allowing reputation points to be awarded in the regular "on topic" forums?

6 hours ago, MIXOH said:

@Dayton28 I will check the behavior of the plugin again and report the results.

@h2ojunkie No, at the moment, what you want is impossible, I will think about whether this is possible within the framework of the plugin in principle, or it will require excessive use of the database

I was looking closer at the mod.  Would it be possible to just make a copy of each reaction and have the copies have different point values, and enable in different forums

Example 

Like +1 (standard "like" enabled everywhere but the off topic forums

Like +0 ( a copy of "like", but worth zero points and only enabled in the off topic forums?

Visually to the user they would look identical, but depending on the forum selected the +1 or +0 would be enabled.

This might be a PIA to manage the ever evolving list of which forums each reputation type is enabled/disabled for, but if there's no other option..could that work?

@h2ojunkie Yes, I think in this version it is possible, but there are two difficulties: 1. you need to ensure that the reactions do not overlap, otherwise users will see both versions of the reactions. 2. As a ban for the reaction, forum topics are available, and not entire sections, that is, with a large number of forum topics, this will take some time to configure reactions.

I'll see what can be done to prohibit whole sections, it will be more logical

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I'm considering purchasing this modification, but there's a bit more functionality I'm really looking for in order to go ahead and buy it.

How much work would it be to add functions to enable/disable reactions by Application (Blogs, Calendar) and for Pages to enable/disable by Database?

My ultimate goal is to have a couple reactions (Like, Thanks) available site-wide, but have some other reactions only available in one Pages database. I have two Pages databases, so ideally the other database would only have the two main reactions that are on the rest of the site.

If this is too involved of a modification, I understand, but I may just make do with a free plugin that allows me to disable the reaction system within the forums.

• 1 month later...
On 11/5/2018 at 3:18 AM, MIXOH said:

Yes, I agree with you, I need to revise the concept of displaying reactions

Any idea on when you might plan on doing this? I'd like to implement it so that paid members can use a react that no one else can use (but I want everyone else to see the react being used).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What's New in Version 1.1.3   See changelog 

Released 3 minutes ago

Version 1.1.3 only for IPS 4.2.x & 4.3.x!

• Fix bug with visibility reactions regardless of permits for specific reactions
  • Fix bug with visibility reactions for guests
  • Fix bug with the availability of reactions for comments on Pages records

What's New in Version 1.1.4   See changelog 

Released 3 minutes ago

Version 1.1.4 only for IPS 4.4!

• Fix bug with visibility reactions regardless of permits for specific reactions
Edited by MIXOH
8 hours ago, MIXOH said:

What's New in Version 1.1.3   See changelog 

Released 3 minutes ago

Version 1.1.3 only for IPS 4.2.x & 4.3.x!

What's New in Version 1.1.4   See changelog 

Released 3 minutes ago

Version 1.1.4 only for IPS 4.4!

I really appreciate that you're fixing this issue, but I think there's still a problem.

User A is allowed access to React X

User B is not allowed access to React X, but can SEE when User A gives someone a React X... perfect!  You fixed it!

But wait!

React X is an option that's available for User B in their reactions list, but if they click on it, a message pops up saying there was a problem. Why is React X even an option available to choose for User B? It should only be visible to User A in their reactions list.

Edited by Dayton28
On 3/13/2019 at 11:14 PM, MIXOH said:

I check this. What option you use for User B?

If I 'disallow reaction for User B' then user B still sees the react as an option that they can use in their reactions list, but it they try to use it, an error pops up saying that there was a problem. But they shouldn't be able to see or even attempt to use the reaction.

Same problem occurs if I choose 'allow reaction for User A', User B can still try to use the reaction themselves.

1 minute ago, Dayton28 said:

If I 'disallow reaction for User B

How? What option? It is important!

In the plugin, due to the many possible settings, there are a lot of conditions, maybe some of them overlap or are not fully implemented. In order to keep track of this, you need to clearly understand the exact settings for the inadequate work.

14 minutes ago, MIXOH said:

How? What option? It is important!

In the plugin, due to the many possible settings, there are a lot of conditions, maybe some of them overlap or are not fully implemented. In order to keep track of this, you need to clearly understand the exact settings for the inadequate work.

It occurs with ALL options. There are three examples in the attached photo.

Example A: 'Postology' can see the react in their reactions list, they can use the react, they can see the react given to a post

ALL other users can ALSO see the react in their reactions list, they CAN'T use it, and they can see the react given to a post

Example B: ALL users can see the react in their reactions list, they CAN'T use it, and they can see the react given to a post

Example 😄 All users (except for Vassago) can see the react in their reactions list, they can use it, and they can see the react given to a post

'Vassago' can ALSO see the react in their reactions list, they CAN'T use it, and they can see the react given to a post

example.thumb.png.c3668f1288041397cf308aee60ca718e.png

Edited by Dayton28