(MIX) Advanced Reaction Settings [support topic]

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also interested in your great work, but still analysing if it suits my requirements.

F.e.

- excluded groups/members for a specific reaction may not see this reaction at all in the frontend, not in the reaction bar nor any hint in the "who reacted to this" overview

- excluded groups/members may not receive any notification or email about "hidden reactions"

Is this possible? Thanks.

25 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

excluded groups/members for a specific reaction may not see this reaction at all in the frontend, not in the reaction bar nor any hint in the "who reacted to this" overview

In the "who reacted" ALL members see ALL reactions (exclude global disabled),  i do not see the point of limiting them in this) In other frontend naturally only available to them.

25 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

excluded groups/members may not receive any notification or email about "hidden reactions"

They do not receive any notifications about unreachable reactions for them. Or ANY in the sense even in the activity feed notification for others members? A senses?

Edited by MIXOH

Quote: "In the "who reacted" ALL members see ALL reactions (exclude global disabled),  i do not see the point of limiting them in this) In other frontend naturally only available to them."

My special usecase is f.e. for moderators reactions to tag members misuse. No regular members should ever see anywhere what and how moderators tag content with reactions to classify misuse.

Another usecase is f.e. "experienced members" (1 level higher than regular members) that will have additional voting options, and only allowed member groups should be able to see their votings...

I know, it's a complex requirement, but just asking ?

What I'm looking for are reactions with multiple independent permission settings:

# who can give

# who can receive

# who can see

(# who will be notified)

Maybe these are ideas to consider for future updates.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, JTrollerb123 said:

Hi, I'm looking for a way to allow GUESTS to be able to use reactions.  Does this also work with guests?

No, this plugin (like the entire system of reactions in IPS) does not work with guests.

Reactions for guests are impossible because the database records use a MemberID. What MemberID for guests?

Edited by MIXOH
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/10/2018 at 2:25 PM, Bill Edwards said:

Say I set up a new reaction just for Administrators - "Agree" - what will members see? Will they see the "Agree" reaction, but not be able to use it or will it simply not be a visible option for them

They will not be able to see her! Also, they will not be able to use implicitly via a link with id substitution or something else.

On 9/8/2018 at 1:03 AM, jair101 said:

Will it be possible to daily limit the use per reaction? I.e., my global limit is 100 reactions daily per group, I want a specific custom reaction to be used 2 times a day at most. Can we do that with this plugin or maybe a feature suggestion

No, restrictions on specific reactions do not apply. All restrictions are based on the total number of all reactions, as well as separately negative ones among them. This is the basic mechanism. In order to take into account the individual reactions will have to create additional fields in the database, which can greatly complicate the structure, especially taking into account the set of reactions / groups. I wondered if this could be done less painfully, but I promise nothing.

3 hours ago, jair101 said:

while it is fair that you cannot implement and comment on each suggestion (even though it is much better to say "sorry, won't do"), can you at least give a signal that this app is still supported?

Sorry, I missed some dialogs)

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to give our current Member of the Month their own react that they can use that month. 

But the only way I can figure out how to make that happen doesn't allow any other members to see that react being used. 

Is it working as intended or am I missing an option that would fix this problem?

So is my issue working as intended? 

If I allow only one member to use a react, they're the ONLY member that can even see it? No one else is able to see that a post has received that react? What's the point of having individuals have access to certain reacts if no one else can see them?

Edited by Dayton28