Undo mass move?

SJ77

5 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Moving them back. There’s no undo. 

I have a data base backup. Seems like I can find in there all the topic IDs that were moved. 

1. I am hoping there is some way to look up Topic ID and run a query that moves them all back to original forum.  NO?
  2. How many Fields get edited and in which tables when a topic is moved from one forum to another?

1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

Only forums_topics.forum_id. 

IF that's the only change the mass move made, shouldn't I be able to write an update query for the topic id's that were moved and move them back in one click?

6 minutes ago, bfarber said:

No, more gets updated than just the forum_id column (i.e. search index gets updated as well). I don't recommend trying to adjust data in the database directly and instead would just move those topics back through the UI.

While I am very thankful for your reply,...ugh, there are 1000's of topics merged. 

Is there any better way to undo it?

1 hour ago, AlexWright said:

Maybe find only Forum B's topics and move those to a new Forum B, and Rename old forum B back to Forum A?

Humm, I still have ForumB. I just have 1000 of it's topics merged into ForumA

Need a way to suck them back into forumB that's better than 1 at a time

2 hours ago, bfarber said:

No, more gets updated than just the forum_id column (i.e. search index gets updated as well). I don't recommend trying to adjust data in the database directly and instead would just move those topics back through the UI.

Could I do the query for the forum_id column then manually force the search to rebuild in the ACP?

in the past i had done this.. used a tagging tool to first mass tag all posts in Forum A to "forum a" then moved them to Forum B then Deleted forum A

time went by and i needed to put them back - so i created a new Forum C and then mass moved all posts tagged "forum a" in Forum B back to the new Forum C

This is needed 

17 minutes ago, SJ77 said:

Humm, I still have ForumB. I just have 1000 of it's topics merged into ForumA

Need a way to suck them back into forumB that's better than 1 at a time

Could I do the query for the forum_id column then manually force the search to rebuild in the ACP?

1. Take your forum offline.
  2. Modify the forum_id value for one of the topics
  3. "Rebuild search index" in the ACP

If it works - perform step 2 en masse for the topics you want to move back and rebuild the search index again.

2 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

It’s not only the search index, dont forget to rebuild all the counters ( topics, posts, unapproved ,hidden,etc... of the forums)

Also the tags table will need some updates if you’re using tags :)

thanks. All of this will auto rebuild though if I ask it to in the ACP right? leaving only sql requirements that are manual is the forumid

Archived