Custom fields everywhere

Kirill Gromov

Hey, IPS, you must do it! :) This is a good part of any community.

You do a great job for us, but we do not have a some functionality, for example we want to create topics with custom template with fields. We want to create events with Database Relationship field to retrieve data from the Pages and etc.

Is it planned to do this in the future?

24 minutes ago, Ramsesx said:

@Joel R Sure, there is an app in the marketplace, but most of us prefer a default ips solution. You will never know if the 3rd party add-ons will work on the next updates. Also support should be better overall. The competitors, Xenforo for example, are offering custom thread fields.

True

Personally, I never understood by IPS didn't allow custom fields everywhere, only in certain apps like Pages and Downloads.  

As for not knowing if a third party app will work on a particular version, that is one area IPS should figure a way to make more simple for everyone.

Maybe make it where the third parties must update their files here to confirm it works on the latest version, and until that happens some check during install of a new board version could allow it to warn them that a particular app has not been confirmed to work on it, and either they are updating at their own risk or maybe even have the app auto disabled.

Edited by Midnight Modding

On 28.01.2018 at 3:33 PM, Joel R said:

Probably one of the more underrated applications in the IPS Marketplace

Thanks, I already bought this application, however, I would like to see this functionality out of the box :)

On 28.01.2018 at 4:18 PM, Joel R said:

Personally, I never understood by IPS didn't allow custom fields everywhere, only in certain apps like Pages and Downloads.

This is exactly. 

IPS, will there be any thoughts on this?

• 2 years later...