CodingJungle's Apps [support topic]

On 4/18/2018 at 12:53 PM, TheJackal84 said:

@CodingJungle you didn't add the new divisions to the carousel's they are all broke, ( The screenshot and the other user's files ones )

under the

<div class='ipsCarousel ipsClearfix' data-ipsCarousel data-ipsCarousel-showDots>

you need to add

<div class='ipsCarousel_inner'>

okay i'll make the changes and get a new release out.

4 hours ago, media said:

Hey @CodingJungle

Is Names to Avatar 4.3 compatible or not?

3.4.0 is compatible, but i made a few tweaks to 3.4.1 for forums/clubs/downloads avatar size (as i had a ratio, but that was a causing some size issues), but everything seems to be working in 4.3.

1 hour ago, CodingJungle said:

okay i'll make the changes and get a new release out.

I was thinking to make a edit to it but if you want to add it, It's up to you.

The ability to only view your own support topics on the downloads, Everyone can read the first post but the replies can be locked to the submitter and admins only

3 minutes ago, Nesdam1981 said:

How's the update coming? Been broken for weeks now. Had to turn of the application from 4.3 release.

considering 4.3 has only been "out" since Wednesday, price you pay for running beta. the current version that is out, is compatible, just seems to be a change in a css class that i missed, i will have a new release out tomorrow.

On 4/20/2018 at 2:24 AM, TheJackal84 said:

The ability to only view your own support topics on the downloads, Everyone can read the first post but the replies can be locked to the submitter and admins only

not sure if i follow? if it is marked as private, only the file owner and OP can see the request, did you mean something else?

Edited by CodingJungle

Hi,

As you can probably remember we downgraded to 2.2.8 and it has been working fine.

However we have had to move over to HTTPS and following that the server techs could not get the chatroom working

So we upgraded babble to 2.6.6 but now Webair hosting are stumped on what to do on the server as when trying to enter the chatroom it just sits there saying connecting.

They followed your instructions here:

https://codingjungle.com/tutorials/babble/babble-self-hosted-install-guide-24-r31/

And have asked the following question:

Checking further the babble.js throws the following error message.
Could  you please check with the developer regarding this error  message and let us know for further clarifications, 

front_front_babble.js.62416ba52c3e4b5454cb2425be2276c4.js?v=494ea8eefc:21 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'find' of undefined
    at Object.clearCounts (front_front_babble.js.62416ba52c3e4b5454cb2425be2276c4.js?v=494ea8eefc:21)
    at baseController.disconnectOnline (front_front_babble.js.62416ba52c3e4b5454cb2425be2276c4.js?v=494ea8eefc:75)
    at front_front_babble.js.62416ba52c3e4b5454cb2425be2276c4.js?v=494ea8eefc:44
    at dispatch (root_library.js.483d12f01335ed451a1007ca3125cb6e.js?v=494ea8eefc:2)
    at r.handle (root_library.js.483d12f01335ed451a1007ca3125cb6e.js?v=494ea8eefc:2)

Highest Regards,
Sankar  
Webair Internet Development, Inc.

seems babble is either missing from the menu bar (either in cj menu or the IPS default menu) or the theme's menu doesn't build its menu with the same data props as the IPS default menu does.

I've added a try/catch to the method in question and i will release a 2.6.7 for 4.2.x and a 2.7.1 for 4.3.x later tonight after the chat service maintenance (which is scheduled for 12 am cst/-6 UTC).

out of curiosity, what changed on your site when you upgraded to 2.6.6? as that particular section of code (the clearCounts method) is virtually identical in 2.2.8 and 2.6.6 (the only difference i found was formatting like line spacing).

Edited by CodingJungle
On 3/18/2018 at 11:25 PM, AlexWebsites said:

Ok that's good to know but i didn't receive anything. Just checked your site and my notifications are not checked so maybe that's why I didn't receive any email?

image.thumb.png.197f86e1f470db3a60d388630dffb7a6.png

I just checked it on for news and info.

image.thumb.png.64720b383143628fc77658f4c8d60e57.png

This worked, I received the latest maintenance notification for 4/25. ?

1 hour ago, CodingJungle said:

2.6.7 has been released, I also recommend upgrading the babble.js and restarting it after that (as there are a few tweaks for the zombieKill process).

Thanks. Have installed and waiting for webhost to do their bit

Just thought I would let you know I have had trouble getting on your site today several times getting this error

The connection has timed out

The server at codingjungle.com is taking too long to respond.

6 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

Thanks. Have installed and waiting for webhost to do their bit

Just thought I would let you know I have had trouble getting on your site today several times getting this error

The connection has timed out

The server at codingjungle.com is taking too long to respond.

seems like http has crashed, I've submitted a ticket to my host (god i love managed support ? ), they usually respond with in a half hour.

if i haven't went to bed by then, i'll reply here when its back up.

@Unlucky if you need me too, i can send you the new version in PM.

3 minutes ago, CodingJungle said:

if you need me too, i can send you the new version in PM.

I managed to get that version downloaded.

But if you have any relevenant instructions on the forum you can send me in case the hosting tech wants to review them that would be great

6 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

I managed to get that version downloaded.

But if you have any relevenant instructions on the forum you can send me in case the hosting tech wants to review them that would be great

tutorial.txt

here is the "tutorial" text sans the images, incase it goes back down (as they rebooted the server, seems there the load spiked and crashed it, they are looking into it now)

On 4/25/2018 at 9:05 AM, Unlucky said:

2.6.7 has been released,

We have 2.6.7 version installed but still have the same issue where nobody can access the room and it just says connecting

I notice in your documentation here there is a box for a node private key but 2.6.7 version does not have this box - So we assume this is no longer required?

As this issue has only happened since we moved the site fromt HTTP to HTTPS what can I point the server guys to regarding that?

Thanks

On 4/25/2018 at 9:25 AM, CodingJungle said:

here is the "tutorial"

Hi,

Still getting same error as reported.

Webair techs have followed your instructions but report...

I saw a permissions error that was causing Babble to fail when it attempted to load the SSL certificate.

I updated the file permissions and babble.js now running without errors.  However I still don't see your chat room connect to it.

Babble is definitely running now.

At this point, it's either an issue with Babble itself, or an issue with the page.

You may want to reach out to the Babble developer.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Rocco Laudadio
Phone: 1 866 WEBAIR 1
Fax: 516.938.5100
http://www.webair.com
rocco.laudadio@webair.com
34 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

Hi,

Still getting same error as reported.

Webair techs have followed your instructions but report...

I saw a permissions error that was causing Babble to fail when it attempted to load the SSL certificate.

I updated the file permissions and babble.js now running without errors.  However I still don't see your chat room connect to it.

Babble is definitely running now.

At this point, it's either an issue with Babble itself, or an issue with the page.

You may want to reach out to the Babble developer.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Rocco Laudadio
Phone: 1 866 WEBAIR 1
Fax: 516.938.5100
http://www.webair.com
rocco.laudadio@webair.com

the private key in Babble is a "hidden" setting now (as it didn't need to be exposed like that, and it wasn't clear that changing it would need download babble.js and replace it, and then restart the node.js).

the problem is more than likely using an outdated babble.js, when you switched over to https, it changed your sites url "signature" which babble uses.

var allowed = { "68cb13dd4613eaa3b4725a1723da2ce51298d8cc" : "a{ur=Wha!=nV}8AYs/l1j1YXw[%]=QQf7UQZ(YBd"} ;

The key in json snippet above, would be your sites hash, the value would be the secret key. download the babble.js from your ACP again, and have them verify those match with the babble.js that is running (it should be line 8 in babble.js), the other thing it could be the ports do not match, also have them verify this (and the port is open).

if you use something like cloudflare, cloudflare itself only has a certain range of ports open to be used for websockets. you will have to check with them on which ones you can use, and then with your host as well.

15 hours ago, CodingJungle said:

the problem is more than likely using an outdated babble.js, when you switched over to https, it changed your sites url "signature" which babble uses.

Hi,

Can you help?

just pm'd some code and a question from the support team

Edited by Unlucky
On 5/2/2018 at 4:42 PM, SJ77 said:

found an issue that effects downloads plus
https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/416549-delete-my-account/?do=findComment&comment=2740089
same issue discussed in the link above effects the "send email" button that is part of downloads plus.

A little patch that NEVER allows guests to see "send email" button would be much appreciated.

Thank you ?

added in a check to see if the author is a guest or active member

On 5/3/2018 at 1:21 PM, Robert Simons said:

CodingJungle currently has the flu, so don't expect a response for several days.

i live...still not a 100% but not praying to a porcelain god anymore.

clicking on any user profile after installing the new downloads plus causes an error.

Fatal error: Trait 'IPS\Content\Reportable' not found in /forum/applications/dplus/sources/Support/Support.php on line 25

Just now, SJ77 said:

clicking on any user profile after installing the new downloads plus causes an error.

Fatal error: Trait 'IPS\Content\Reportable' not found in /forum/applications/dplus/sources/Support/Support.php on line 25

are you not on IPS 4.3? cause the last 2 versions have been for 4.3