CodingJungle's Apps [support topic]

57 minutes ago, vexcode said:

You have a bug in your CJ Duplicate Logger application, the Mod CP will fail to load and produce an HTTP 500 error when CJ Duplicate Logger is loaded.  When I unload it, I can access my Mod CP again.

Works on my site in cp without 500 error. 4.3.3 and 1.1.0 (10100) CJ

re: the Keywords app:

Would it be possible to implement custom CSS for the keywords?  I'd like the keywords on my site to have a different colour (and perhaps look) from the traditional blue link.  It would also let my users know that a given word is a keyword as opposed to just another generic link. :biggrin:

Hi CodingJungle,

I'm using your babble chat application for a long time now, and though people asking for implementing a more graphical advanced chat solution with existing mobile apps for their smartphones, that are easy to handle, and neat graphics and sound features, it has 2 main advantages:

1. it's an integrated solution, that alllows us to keep control what's going on. We don't want to move our users to other platforms like discord, where users can easily switch to another chatroom and only using ours for new members headhunting and leaving our section/domain…
  2. the chatbots idea!

The first version of the chatbots was nice, but after a long time using it, the chatbots start annoying some members, who use the chat frequently.

WHY?

The chatbots are

• triggered every time, a keyword is used
  • only know the same answer again and again

This should really be changed soon:

1. Implement a "trigger pause" per "keyword":
    If someone writes "this keyword", the bot responds "understood" and then he will stop reacting on this keyword for 5 minutes. If someone writes "another keyword/keyphrase"", he will wait for 1 hour aso…

2. Implement alternative responses (in addition to the trigger pause), which are selected randomly or sequentially.
    If someone writes "this keyword", the bots respond "unterstood" the first time, the second time "I already told you, I understood", the third time "please don't annoy me"

We can only be creative and integrate more advanced response functionality, if we get the tools to implement our ideas...

Without these features, I'm losing my main argument no.2 (^^ see above) for using babble....

Please consider this in a next release. It's an important requirement for us. Thanks.

Edited by Cyboman
On 6/19/2018 at 6:03 AM, vexcode said:

The error no longer occurs since 4.3.4 so I assume Invision did something to fix whatever the issue was on their end.

I wasn't able to reproduce this one either 4.3.3 or 4.3.4, so i'm not sure what the issue was. if you could check your system logs in the ACP under support, they might contain the error message, if so feel free to PM the error message (since it will more than likely contain sensitive info, like paths).

On 6/17/2018 at 9:56 PM, liquidfractal said:

re: the Keywords app:

Would it be possible to implement custom CSS for the keywords?  I'd like the keywords on my site to have a different colour (and perhaps look) from the traditional blue link.  It would also let my users know that a given word is a keyword as opposed to just another generic link. :biggrin:

the ones with the hovercard get a css class applied to them called "keyword" and the url types get a class of "keywordUrl", so you should be able to target those two specifically and achieve the desired results. other wise they will just look like normal links ? 

On 6/18/2018 at 6:05 AM, Unlucky said:

Hi we would really apprecite an update and eta re getting the chatroom online.

I keep getting asked how long from the members and it would really help me if you can give us some eta.

Many thanks

it was working when i went there saturday...i'll check it again. at this point i'm thinking maybe its something on your site that is causing this, as i didn't see any errors in the console that were related to babble, and the modal popup you have, kept redirecting me to a different part of the site, but i'll check it again later tonight to see if there is anything actually wrong with the service or babble. 

9 minutes ago, CodingJungle said:

it was working when i went there saturday...i'll check it again. at this point i'm thinking maybe its something on your site that is causing this, as i didn't see any errors in the console that were related to babble, and the modal popup you have, kept redirecting me to a different part of the site, but i'll check it again later tonight to see if there is anything actually wrong with the service or babble. 

Unfortunately it has never worked - never had any updates from you apart from the one about having an open ticket with invision so we have now swaped to justblab - their guy set it up for us today and it's working fine straight off the shelf.

We tried to hang on for a reply and update as liked and had paid for babble but our members were giving us to much stress to wait any longer.

Name 2 Avatars

I've just installed this on my test site and have been playing around with it for the past hour or more. I think I need a bit of help, please... :smile:

Using Letters, with Unique Backgrounds and Gradient in designer mode, it shows a lot of dark and/or somewhat mucky looking colours as in this screenshot.

n2a-letters-gradient.thumb.png.10b31fd1006936f8bd000ebc867b519e.png

The description says: “When enabling gradients, the application will automatically use the color's accent (opposing color) to generate a multi-hued background that stretches across the entire color palette.” - from where does it get the main colour in order to use its “accent”?

Sorry if I’m being thick, but I don’t understand how the Colour Overrides works when using the Gradient option... :blush:
- What does “Letter(s)/Name” mean and what are you supposed to enter there?
- Are these supposed to apply themselves or am I supposed to do something else in addition to clicking “Save”?
- If a gradient will be between 2 colours, why am I allowed to enter more than 2 colours here?

It makes no difference what colours I enter in the Colour Overrides rows, nothing changes.

What am I doing wrong or don’t understand, and how can I get the colours to be lighter and brighter than those in the screenshot, or maybe more pastel coloured?

3 hours ago, Millipede said:

The description says: “When enabling gradients, the application will automatically use the color's accent (opposing color) to generate a multi-hued background that stretches across the entire color palette.” - from where does it get the main colour in order to use its “accent”?

it depends on the options, if you have unique colors turned on, then it will generate a color scheme from the users name, if you don't have this enabled, it will take the first letter of the username to generate a color scheme. from there, it will then try to determine the "accent" color.

- What does “Letter(s)/Name” mean and what are you supposed to enter there?

you can override a letter(s)/name, so say you want a specific color for you and only you, you would enter "millipede" there, if you want to change the color to everyone who's name starts with a B, you would enter a B there. if you have dual letters enabled, and you want to change the color to everyone who will have the dual letters of AB to a certain color, then you'd enter AB there.

- Are these supposed to apply themselves or am I supposed to do something else in addition to clicking “Save”?

they should be applied the next time the user logins in or when you view their profile.

- If a gradient will be between 2 colours, why am I allowed to enter more than 2 colours here?

the accent color is generated from the primary, so you only have the choice for the primary color.

What am I doing wrong or don’t understand, and how can I get the colours to be lighter and brighter than those in the screenshot, or maybe more pastel coloured?

the gradient itself is what makes the colors appear "darker" like this, as its a merger of two, opposing colors,

A question and a comment about "Custom Width":

1. Just a slight point of clarification: in your description for a keyword's "Custom Width" (beneath the field) maybe you should specify that it's for the keyword's hovercard and not the keyword itself (when I first read it I thought this controlled the width of the actual word...now I know that would be CSS :rolleyes:)
  2. Is there a way to customise the default width so that we don't have to modify each one if we want all of them to be, say, more than 300px?

Thanks! ?

1. Just a slight point of clarification: in your description for a keyword's "Custom Width" (beneath the field) maybe you should specify that it's for the keyword's hovercard and not the keyword itself (when I first read it I thought this controlled the width of the actual word...now I know that would be CSS :rolleyes:)
  2. Is there a way to customise the default width so that we don't have to modify each one if we want all of them to be, say, more than 300px?

Thanks! ?

Thanks! ?

(Umm...sorry for the triple post - for some reason I was posting the original and I got a push notification that read "200+ replies click more."  I chose to open that in a new tab and everything went really wonky - saved my post and everything seemed to freeze so tried posting again and I am unable to edit the last post to remove the other instances! :blink:)

30 minutes ago, liquidfractal said:
  • Just a slight point of clarification: in your description for a keyword's "Custom Width" (beneath the field) maybe you should specify that it's for the keyword's hovercard and not the keyword itself (when I first read it I thought this controlled the width of the actual word...now I know that would be CSS :rolleyes:)

i just figured people would realize that is for the hovercard settings ? but i can change the lang string.

31 minutes ago, liquidfractal said:
  1.  Is there a way to customise the default width so that we don't have to modify each one if we want all of them to be, say, more than 300px?

yeah in the acp->community->keywords settings, there is an option for default width, if you don't set the custom width for a kw, it will use this one. 

26 minutes ago, liquidfractal said:

(Umm...sorry for the triple post - for some reason I was posting the original and I got a push notification that read "200+ replies click more."  I chose to open that in a new tab and everything went really wonky - saved my post and everything seemed to freeze so tried posting again and I am unable to edit the last post to remove the other instances! :blink:)

i just figured you really wanted to get your point across ? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2018 at 9:06 PM, CodingJungle said:

the gradient itself is what makes the colors appear "darker" like this, as its a merger of two, opposing colors,

I'm so sorry for such a late reply, I didn't mean to appear rude by not replying sooner, I've been either unwell or otherwise overworked lately.

I know what a gradient is and how it works :smile: But I must be being really thick, as no matter what I do, the colours - when looking at them in designer mode - still remain like in my screenshot (in my previous post). I've only tried the app so far on my test forum, so I wouldn't know what it would actually look like on my real forum; at the moment, I'm just going by what I see in the Designer View.

My settings are:
Letters
Unique backgrounds - on
Disable colour generation - off
Gradient
Colour overrides - none (I removed what I’d previously entered as I didn't realise it was meant for specific letters/names)
Dual Letters - on
Only 2 names - on

If the Colour Overrides are meant for specific names/letters, then where or how do I set the gradient so’s to make the colours less “dark?” Or is what's in my screenshot how it's meant to look in Designer View, with no option to change the gradient colour(s)?

As I said, sorry if I’m sounding thick!

On 7/2/2018 at 7:21 PM, Millipede said:

I'm so sorry for such a late reply, I didn't mean to appear rude by not replying sooner, I've been either unwell or otherwise overworked lately.

I know what a gradient is and how it works :smile: But I must be being really thick, as no matter what I do, the colours - when looking at them in designer mode - still remain like in my screenshot (in my previous post). I've only tried the app so far on my test forum, so I wouldn't know what it would actually look like on my real forum; at the moment, I'm just going by what I see in the Designer View.

My settings are:
Letters
Unique backgrounds - on
Disable colour generation - off
Gradient
Colour overrides - none (I removed what I’d previously entered as I didn't realise it was meant for specific letters/names)
Dual Letters - on
Only 2 names - on

If the Colour Overrides are meant for specific names/letters, then where or how do I set the gradient so’s to make the colours less “dark?” Or is what's in my screenshot how it's meant to look in Designer View, with no option to change the gradient colour(s)?

As I said, sorry if I’m sounding thick!

with unique colors on, the colors codes are generated by the user name to try to achieve a unique color pallet among all the users. it is  not a perfect process, same with gradients, it will do its best to produce an accent color, but it might it might just choose to use like brown or black if the color generated is very bright. so what is shown in the prev is just really to give you an idea what they will look like, most for the other settings (like font size/position).

if you do use a color override, the accent color will be generated from that for the gradient.

Thanks.

I guess I thought I could control brightness and saturation to some degree (not quite the same as “Alpha”, although increasing it to 1 seems to help a bit).

I’ll give it a shot with Unique Colours, and if it ends up with too many dark/blackish colours, I’ll try switching it to without Unique Colours.

It’s still a wonderful app!

MGM

I recently bought this too :smile:

Whenever I open the block manager on the forum home page, I always get the following system error. It only happens on the main forum page, not on other pages.

The URL of page the error occurred on was https://mydomain.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=widgets&do=getBlockList&csrfKey=380abb7df101f749f0a140faa4cc8e66&pageApp=forums

Template store key: template_3_01c2cd9d572da77c50cb359d24624a6a_widgets missing (cjmg, front, widgets)

#0 /home/mydomain/public_html/forum/system/Theme/Theme.php(800): IPS\_Log::log('Template store ...', 'template_store_...')
#1 /home/mydomain/public_html/forum/system/Widget/Widget.php(122): IPS\_Theme->getTemplate('widgets', 'cjmg', 'front')
#2 /home/mydomain/public_html/forum/applications/cjmg/widgets/cjmg.php(58): IPS\_Widget->init()
#3 /home/mydomain/public_html/forum/system/Widget/Widget.php(103): IPS\cjmg\widgets\_cjmg->init()
#4 /home/mydomain/public_html/forum/system/Widget/Widget.php(296): IPS\_Widget->__construct(2012137780, Array, '["sidebar","cms...', NULL)
#5 /home/mydomain/public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/front/system/widgets.php(71): IPS\_Widget::load(Object(IPS\cjmg\Application), 'cjmg', 2012137780, Array, '["sidebar","cms...', NULL)
#6 /home/mydomain/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_widgets->getBlockList()
#7 /home/mydomain/public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/front/system/widgets.php(38): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /home/mydomain/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_widgets->execute()
#9 /home/mydomain/public_html/forum/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

It's on IPB 4.3.4 having recently been upgraded from 3.3.4. My system logs are filled with this error whilst I install stuff and test out blocks and widgets. Is this a bug in the app or have I got something wrong somewhere?

On a side note: in the Permissions tab, what is “Use DB Perms”, assuming “Use Apps Perms” is whatever perms are for the app the menu is linking to, and assuming “Manual Perms” overrides both the DB and Apps Perms?

9 hours ago, Millipede said:

I’ll give it a shot with Unique Colours, and if it ends up with too many dark/blackish colours, I’ll try switching it to without Unique Colours.

It’s still a wonderful app!

Sorry to be a nuisance... I installed it on my real forum a few few hours ago, and have just now noticed that no avatars at all show in the list of forum categories or in the lists of topics in a forum on my iPad; all avatars show fine in sidebar blocks/widgets and within topics. It all seems to work fine via my desktop browser. 

How might I be able to fix this, please?

9 hours ago, Millipede said:

MGM

I recently bought this too :smile:

Whenever I open the block manager on the forum home page, I always get the following system error. It only happens on the main forum page, not on other pages.

It's on IPB 4.3.4 having recently been upgraded from 3.3.4. My system logs are filled with this error whilst I install stuff and test out blocks and widgets. Is this a bug in the app or have I got something wrong somewhere?

On a side note: in the Permissions tab, what is “Use DB Perms”, assuming “Use Apps Perms” is whatever perms are for the app the menu is linking to, and assuming “Manual Perms” overrides both the DB and Apps Perms?

seems to be a bug in MGM, i'll see what is causing it and release an update when i find it.

if you select a CMS page for the link, you can set it to use the DB permissions, the ones you set for the database (its the view permission it will check against). if you set it to use "app perms", it will follow the ones that are set for the application in system->application. and yes, manual perms will override all them, but if they can't see the app or the db due to db perms, you will just have a menu item that takes them to an error page ?

17 minutes ago, Millipede said:

Sorry to be a nuisance... I installed it on my real forum a few few hours ago, and have just now noticed that no avatars at all show in the list of forum categories or in the lists of topics in a forum on my iPad; all avatars show fine in sidebar blocks/widgets and within topics. It all seems to work fine via my desktop browser. 

How might I be able to fix this, please?

doesn't appear to be an issue with n2a (i don't have it installed here on my dev). seems to be an issue with IPS responsive and the resolution scaling:

non2a.thumb.PNG.1a96dc16b65016694fba6788a8406a0d.PNG

5 minutes ago, CodingJungle said:

doesn't appear to be an issue with n2a (i don't have it installed here on my dev). seems to be an issue with IPS responsive and the resolution scaling:

Oh, poo, that's a shame. Why might it be that "normal" avatars show OK on an iPad?

Firefox developer tools shows the avatars fine in responsive view, as do Opera's; I just now tried Safari's responsive view and it shows it like your screenshot. I never use Safari on my Mac, so it was only when I went to look on my iPad that I noticed it.

Is there perhaps some way of fixing it for n2a?

And thanks for looking into the MGM bug :smile:

14 minutes ago, Millipede said:

Is there perhaps some way of fixing it for n2a?

not sure of the rationale behind why they hide them at these resolutions, could have undesired results (as n2a just hijacks the url for the avatar, so there aren't actual theme/css changes for where they are displayed).

however you can try this, i haven't extensively tested this, so i don't know all the end results it could have, but you can override the css class that is causing this. add this to your custom.css for your theme:

@media screen and (max-width: 1200px)
{
    .cForumRow .ipsDataItem_lastPoster li:first-child {
        display:block;
    }
}

Thanks, again. The media query override only seems to work on the list of forums, but not on the list of topics... but it then overlaps the topic stats.

I don't know why IPS thought it a good idea to hide avatars on iPad when in landscape view; avatars can further aid in recognising who's who. It's not as if there isn't enough space, and they'd need to left align the topic stats. I guess we all have to put up with it, in that case.

I must have a funky forum or browser dev tools... today, Firefox's responsive view showed it as it is, without avatars. Go figure, as they say.

7 hours ago, Millipede said:

Thanks, again. The media query override only seems to work on the list of forums, but not on the list of topics... but it then overlaps the topic stats.

yeah i hadn't tested it extensively, just something that i came up with off the top of my head.

I don't know why IPS thought it a good idea to hide avatars on iPad when in landscape view; avatars can further aid in recognising who's who. It's not as if there isn't enough space, and they'd need to left align the topic stats. I guess we all have to put up with it, in that case.

only the secret of life is a bigger mystery to why IPS does what it does sometimes ?

I must have a funky forum or browser dev tools... today, Firefox's responsive view showed it as it is, without avatars. Go figure, as they say. 

i was able to reproduce it on my firefox and chrome dev tools and when i resized a EDGE window to ipads landscape viewing range.

When I tried to PM someone on CJ DML:

INSERT INTO `core_message_topic_user_map` ( `map_user_id`, `map_topic_id`, `map_folder_id`, `map_read_time`, `map_user_active`, `map_user_banned`, `map_has_unread`, `map_is_system`, `map_is_starter`, `map_left_time`, `map_ignore_notification`, `map_last_topic_reply` ) VALUES ( NULL, 2925, 'myconvo', 0, true, false, true, false, false, 0, false, 1531784505 )
IPS\Db\Exception: Column 'map_user_id' cannot be null (1048)
#0 /home/nginx/domains/mycommunity.com/public/system/Db/Db.php(807): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\core\\Mess...', Array)
#1 /home/nginx/domains/mycommunity.com/public/applications/core/sources/Messenger/Conversation.php(645): IPS\_Db->insert('core_message_to...', Array)
#2 /home/nginx/domains/mycommunity.com/public/applications/cjdml/sources/Actions/Actions.php(175): IPS\core\Messenger\_Conversation->authorize(Array)
#3 [internal function]: IPS\cjdml\extensions\core\ModCp\_duplicates->pm()
#4 /home/nginx/domains/mycommunity.com/public/applications/core/modules/front/modcp/modcp.php(104): call_user_func(Array)
#5 /home/nginx/domains/mycommunity.com/public/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\front\modcp\_modcp->manage()
#6 /home/nginx/domains/mycommunity.com/public/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/nginx/domains/mycommunity.com/public/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}