Can Anyone Get Cloak Working Or Has An Alternative Option?

Unlucky

Hi,

Yes we have the same issue as user proskill.

Re this post in this thread - https://invisionpower.com/forums/topic/407253-hide-links-code/?page=2

"

I desperately need help with this. At some point Cloak stopped working properly and it performs a critical feature on my forum. I narrowed down the issue to this:

• Cloak no longer removes nor hides all images that have been inserted into posts.

It properly hides attachments, but it doesn't hide images that are uploaded as attachments and then inserted into posts. Previously, all I had to do was select "hide attachments" and it worked perfectly, i think that something broke after some of the recent updates. I need this to be fixed as my forum relies heavily on this feature. Thank You. I am willing to pay for your help.

"

11 hours ago, Unlucky said:

Hi,

Yes we have the same issue as user proskill.

Re this post in this thread - https://invisionpower.com/forums/topic/407253-hide-links-code/?page=2

"

I desperately need help with this. At some point Cloak stopped working properly and it performs a critical feature on my forum. I narrowed down the issue to this:

• Cloak no longer removes nor hides all images that have been inserted into posts.

It properly hides attachments, but it doesn't hide images that are uploaded as attachments and then inserted into posts. Previously, all I had to do was select "hide attachments" and it worked perfectly, i think that something broke after some of the recent updates. I need this to be fixed as my forum relies heavily on this feature. Thank You. I am willing to pay for your help.

"

when test it on a default standard theme worked fine reason why then asked what theme using as many third party theme remove code or replace code with css or html changes to fit the theme due to this is a hook you would need have same code on all theme or will break.

Screenshot_6.png

image being hidden prefect with default theme so little unsure the issue.

• 5 weeks later...
On 07/11/2016 at 9:04 PM, Theme Tent UK said:

when test it on a default standard theme worked fine reason why then asked what theme using as many third party theme remove code or replace code with css or html changes to fit the theme due to this is a hook you would need have same code on all theme or will break.

have sent you a pm message with an example url where issue happens with default theme

• 1 month later...

Tom has given me the go-ahead to incorporate the Cloak functionality in to my existing plugin (linked below) - please note the following:

1. Cloak is a free plugin, however my plugin is a paid plugin.
  2. The price of the plugin will not be raised when I release the combined version.
  3. At this point, I do not have a target date for the release however I've already been working on merging the two prior to Tom's OK, so a release won't be too far away.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update for those interested - owing to a disagreement between my bike and a patch of ice during the week, my left arm is currently in a sling :D Not broken but enough muscle damage to mean I have gone from a touch typer to a single digit tapper, so progress here is a bit limited at the moment. Hoping to be back to normal in a week or so, but am able to do some work as and when the painkillers kick in hehe.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Now out of the sling (hurrah!!) and doing some light physio to get muscles back in to normal working order - I can type with more than one finger now (that has been excruciating, considering I work in IT) but still limited. But am back in the game at least, and will be back on this one - keep any eye out for an update to the above plugin in the next week or so.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived