Links Directory

16 hours ago, Sonya* said:

On my site I have an advertisement "In the site sidebar". This advertisment appears below the list of categories. I have a large list of categories so that user has to scroll down to see advertisement.  E. g. in Pages the advertisement is placed above the categories. Is it possible to change it in Links Directory too?

Categories isn't a widget; it's a contextual sidebar so it's position is hard-coded and will always appear above widgets and nothing above it.

Advertisement:

ODSmIyh.png

Examples:

- Downloads app:

mbRHtxk.png

- Blogs:

ZT4kOaN.png

- Clubs:

Z7bt9ik.png

- Links Diretory:

Y7TO52y.png

So if you want to add something above categories, edit the links -> front -> browse -> indexSidebar template:

ZH5RXEN.png

You'll get:

Yxrzw0z.png

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 2 weeks later...

We need to display information about location of the link. It does not require map, but we need to display the address at least as pure text. Link Directory without location does not make sense in our case. The maps are broken and cannot be displaed till you release a new version. As you integrate Commerce right now, there will be no release for a long time. Right? Please advice me how can I display the information from the field links_location in readable form to the user before you release new version. Thank you!

Or how I can patch the app to repair the map functionality?

Edited by Sonya*

On a new version, when 4.4 is out. I won’t release version before that because I have a new one which I’m already working. The app is already integrated to Nexus since a long time ago. I’m rewriting the module to use packages.

I’m also away from my PC until next Thursday on a job travel so I won’t br able to help before that.

Edited by Adriano Faria
10 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Wrong! It’s working finr as always did:

Well I have reported it already that address cannot be displayed correctly. It is not shown under the map and the pin for the location is set at center of the town, the street is ignored https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/430442-links-directory/?do=findComment&comment=2763621 You have said, it will be fixed 

This is fixed for the new version when IPS 4.4. is released.

Thats why I think its a bug. If I save information about street where is this displayed? Is it works as designed, that street is not displayed anywhere and not considered in the map, what is the reason for entering the street in this field? :blush:

Look how location field is displayed in Clubs

screenshot-localhost-2018_11.16-12-38-48.png.5a47bc717f598159a66c158f2d0c1ad0.png

Edited by Sonya*
Added Club with location

I have investigated the code and could find 3 issues with my project:

1. There are were indeed bugs in the Links Directory code where JSON decode was not appropriate for the address field. :rolleyes:
  2. I have converted data from the other application and the address field has some issues during conversion. My fault :blush:
  3. Mapbox is very poor in finding addresses. This is the main issue - even if I correct 1 and 2, the map displays something weird but not the location given. Mapbox sucks to get correct latitude and longitude.

I have enabled Google Maps, it works better but hat also issues. If I copy the address from below the map in Google Maps and search, I found it. And the same address cannot be displayed correctly on IPS. This is due to the API integration in IPS, where latitude and longitude used before address. I have described here how it works.

Edited by Sonya*

Another issue: my logs are full of InvalidArgumentException::0

#0 /var/www/virt/myproject.com/htdocs/system/File/File.php(252): IPS\_Image::create(Object(IPS\Http\Response))
#1 /var/www/virt/myproject.com/htdocs/applications/links/sources/Screenshot/Api/Webthumbnail.php(61): IPS\_File::create('links_Thumbnail', 'links-1993-cbd3...', Object(IPS\Http\Response), NULL, true, NULL, false)
#2 /var/www/virt/myproject.com/htdocs/applications/links/sources/Screenshot/Screenshot.php(69): IPS\links\Screenshot\Api\_Webthumbnail->cacheThumb()
#3 /var/www/virt/myproject.com/htdocs/applications/links/sources/Link/Link.php(498): IPS\links\_Screenshot->getImage()
#4 /var/www/virt/myproject.com/htdocs/system/Patterns/ActiveRecordIterator.php(51): IPS\links\_Link::constructFromData(Array)
#5 /var/www/virt/myproject.com/htdocs/system/Theme/Theme.php(824) : eval()'d code(56): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecordIterator->current()
#6 /var/www/virt/myproject.com/htdocs/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(58): IPS\Theme\class_links_front_browse->block_2(Array, Object(IPS\Patterns\ActiveRecordIterator), Object(IPS\Patterns\ActiveRecordIterator), Object(IPS\Patterns\ActiveRecordIterator), Object(IPS\Patterns\ActiveRecordIterator), Object(IPS\Patterns\ActiveRecordIterator))
#7 /var/www/virt/myproject.com/htdocs/system/Theme/Theme.php(824) : eval()'d code(1714): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('block_2', Array)
#8 /var/www/virt/myproject.com/htdocs/system/Theme/Theme.php(824) : eval()'d code(1714): IPS\Theme\SandboxedTemplate->block_2(Array, Object(IPS\Patterns\ActiveRecordIterator), Object(IPS\Patterns\ActiveRecordIterator), Object(IPS\Patterns\ActiveRecordIterator), Object(IPS\Patterns\ActiveRecordIterator), Object(IPS\Patterns\ActiveRecordIterator))
#9 /var/www/virt/myproject.com/htdocs/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(58): IPS\Theme\class_links_front_browse->index(Array, Object(IPS\Patterns\ActiveRecordIterator), Object(IPS\Patterns\ActiveRecordIterator), Object(IPS\Patterns\ActiveRecordIterator), Object(IPS\Patterns\ActiveRecordIterator), Object(IPS\Patterns\ActiveRecordIterator))
#10 /var/www/virt/myproject.com/htdocs/applications/links/modules/front/links/browse.php(122): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('index', Array)
#11 /var/www/virt/myproject.com/htdocs/applications/links/modules/front/links/browse.php(122): IPS\Theme\SandboxedTemplate->index(Array, Object(IPS\Patterns\ActiveRecordIterator), Object(IPS\Patterns\ActiveRecordIterator), Object(IPS\Patterns\ActiveRecordIterator), Object(IPS\Patterns\ActiveRecordIterator), Object(IPS\Patterns\ActiveRecordIterator))
#12 /var/www/virt/myproject.com/htdocs/applications/links/modules/front/links/browse.php(49): IPS\links\modules\front\links\_browse->_index()
#13 /var/www/virt/myproject.com/htdocs/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\links\modules\front\links\_browse->manage()
#14 /var/www/virt/myproject.com/htdocs/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#15 /var/www/virt/myproject.com/htdocs/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#16 {main}

3 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Did you swap the settings to store locally the images? It isn't finding the images to load. Can you clean these entries to see if it keeps happening?

I have not change anything from default.

screenshot-localhost-2018_11.25-01-16-23.thumb.png.1832feda0492ddec7fdbabd9a2c3aa42.png 

But I have the same error on my local server (WAMP), my test server and my live server as well. There are over 1000 links that I have converted to Links Directory from my custom app. Right now I have run 

SELECT * FROM `links_links` WHERE link_image is null

and have got over 200 entries. I suppose that is the issue? And if yes, how can I update the column, what value should be there? I had no images in my old app, so I could not import them during converting. Any idea? :rolleyes:

On 10/25/2018 at 6:50 AM, TheSonic said:

Screenshotmachine: Not working for me

I'm having the same issue. If I visit the query string directly, it works correctly. But it's showing the "unsupported" graphic (with the robot) for any new links added. I have to go back and manually add them.

http://api.screenshotmachine.com/?key=******&dimension=240x180&url=https://google.com

What's New:

Version 5.2.5.1:

Note: if you use Thumbshots, switch to another provider and run the tool to rebuild thumbnails.

Version 5.2.5:

• New setting to enable Link URL Checker: it will run once per week to hide, soft delete or permanently delete offline links URL.
  • Fix Screenshotmachine API
  • Enhancement: Combined index, category and link view into one single tab in Settings

I will test and add another paid provider during next week.

Edited by Adriano Faria