Links Directory

I also switched to screenshotmachine because thumbshots is shutting down.

I am using the free plan and all thumbs are showing unsupported. Did all tips: Switched off local save, edited the links, rebuild the thumbs (via ACP -> Tools and the frontentend -> Rebuild Thumb)

Nothing worked.

Is "Customer Key" the right key to add in the ACP?

LD-Version is 5.2.3.

Thank you.

50 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

No. They are widgets just like any other. Remove the widgets. Rebuild your cache. Add again the widgets, etc.

I removed the statistics widget no problem but there is no option (x)  to remove the category widget so still have categories stuck underneath even after rebuilding cache

2 hours ago, Unlucky said:

What other cache could be causing this?

I have no idea. Just did the same as you and works fine in 3 forums I tested:

- categories and sidebard only:

2PKBqOl.png

You should have a issue with your 4.2 theme, which seem to be a modified version of default theme. See:

yLz2l0N.jpg

Categories name is breaking to a new line, even with small names. That doesn't happen with me, as you can see in the first image.

Regarding sidebar categoriesl, it's a contextual sidebar, used in some of the IPS apps too:

if( \IPS\Settings::i()->links_sidebar_index )
		{
			\IPS\Output::i()->sidebar['contextual'] = \IPS\Theme::i()->getTemplate( 'browse' )->indexSidebar( \IPS\links\Category::canOnAny('add') );
		}

You can disable it on:

KHzQ4MA.jpg

Unless you have modified styles in the indexSidebar template, I don't see a reason in the script for this to happen. It will be something related to your theme.

Edited by Adriano Faria

Sorry, I don’t think there’s anything I can do for you. The script is just like any other IPS app. I can’t reproduce in 3 boards I tested, all of them with 4.3.6. I also browsed a couple of other client’s board; no problem. You are using 2 themes (one of them seems to be a modified version of default).

I will ask again: does it happen in a clean default theme, not that one you have customized?

I logged a call with invision exlaining I have this issue with their default theme, That I have cleared their IPS cache and also the cloudflare cache, and uploaded the following screenshot.

They replied with the following response so I am completely stuck now.

If this is definately nothing to do with your application, what can I reply back to IPS techs with?

Hello,

That looks to be a links sidebar, rather than the IPS application itself. Unfortunately there is only the author that can assist you there, as its their coded application which is at fault unfortunately. If there was a quick fix I could look at to advise you on, of course I would, but unfortunately this one is down to the author.

Kind Regards,
Marc Stridgen

sidebar-issue.thumb.jpg.c94250c94e9b07dee8803e294df8a320.jpg

That doesn't surprise me at all: if something is a 3rd-party thing, not my problem. Send ACP credentiasl. I will, since I asked you 3 times and you didn't make it, to create a default clean theme, without all those things you have there (slider, etc).

I will disable all your plugins and apps too to determine if a conflict is in action.

On 8/7/2018 at 11:58 AM, Sonya* said:

Is there any issue with Location field? I have tried to enter the address of White House:

screenshot-localhost-2018_08.07-11-54-54.png.b26607f4fa680f3bff58ef7fcde7de1f.png

Saved and see that Address Line is not saved.

screenshot-localhost-2018_08.07-11-56-09.png.145a2867e24b225c30aed6d95b118cfb.png

I then edited only description of the link and did not touch location field at all. After that the country disappears as well:

screenshot-localhost-2018_08.07-11-57-42.png.8150c665940d3d1cb3476313d1b345b3.png

I have tried different addresses in different countries. The behavior is the same. 

I still have the same issue. Only country and city is saved. Address line is ignored. When the link is edited the country disappears as well.

On 10/24/2018 at 6:43 PM, Unlucky said:

Yes 4.3  as posted above

Do you need acp access to verify?

The problem was the Group Formatting from your Member group. In all categories that the last link was submitted by a Member, the layout got broken:

7OG57gZ.png

Honestly I don't see any error in the group formatting:

<span style='color:#484a75'>

Anyway, I just added the ; in the end:

<span style='color:#484a75;'>

and works fine. Then I removed it again and kept working fine. So as I suggested in the beginning, a cache issue.

Seems ok to me now:

yazYYtS.png

Please, check your apps and plugins to see if they're ok. As I disabled and re enabled them, probably I forgot some.

Thank you.

Edited by Adriano Faria

On my site I have an advertisement "In the site sidebar". This advertisment appears below the list of categories. I have a large list of categories so that user has to scroll down to see advertisement.  E. g. in Pages the advertisement is placed above the categories. Is it possible to change it in Links Directory too?