Links Directory

9 minutes ago, Sonya* said:

It seems that our user just do not "see" the button "Visit the site" with link. Our hits stats is even worse as bad after few months.

Really? Your uses can't see a BIG GREEN BUTTON that says VISIT THE SITE? It's been like that since version 1 from other devs... I'm the 3rd, if I'm not mistaken.

Regarding the domain name, I have absolutely no idea as I never used it. Will try to fix for the next version, that should be out in a couple of days or so.

And no, the link can't be there because there's a ton of ajax checking in that button to count the click, guests or not, etc. You can edit your template and add the link if you want.

Edited by Adriano Faria
On 9/23/2018 at 12:52 PM, Adriano Faria said:

Ok, I'm dropping the PAID links feature and will add a Package module. New version yet this week.

I can see the paid submission setting in the ACP. Have you implemented packages already? If yes, how do I use them? 

Edited by Sonya*
1 minute ago, Sonya* said:

I can see the paid submission setting in the ACP. However if I toggle it on, nothing happens. The users can still add links without payment. 

Go to category and set a price for the submission. After you will see the notice when submitting a link and the invoice will be created after submission. 

2 minutes ago, Sonya* said:

Have you implemented packages already? If yes, how do I use them? If not, is there any possibility right now to have paid submissions? 

Packages ia ready and in tests. It should have been released earlier this week but after a couple of posts in this topic, fixing other things. 

I do not recommend use the paid links now. It was dropped as advised a few months ago.

wrt to using the Address field and maps 

I couldn't get an Address field to appear using Settings, but I can get one to appear with Extra Fields.  Not sure if it is supposed to work that way or not.

For the map to appear in the future, should I be using one or the other ?   Will the map appear if the Address is an extra field?

Just want to check before I enter a lot of info and activate the field in all the categories.

EDIT: Update, set up Google Maps API.  Working in Calendar. 

Thanks
JM

Edited by socceronly
1 hour ago, socceronly said:

wrt to using the Address field and maps 

I couldn't get an Address field to appear using Settings, but I can get one to appear with Extra Fields.  Not sure if it is supposed to work that way or not.

For the map to appear in the future, should I be using one or the other ?  

EDIT: Update, set up Google Maps API.  Working in Calendar. 

Thanks
JM

Works fine to me using Google Maps or Mapbox. Enable the setting Allow link location? in the categories you want. Add the location when you're creating/editing the link:

28HKH6q.png

RB8tczJ.png

The map will show up:

MNKSyvu.png

1 hour ago, socceronly said:

Will the map appear if the Address is an extra field?

Just want to check before I enter a lot of info and activate the field in all the categories.

Of course, no as this app has its own LOCATION field.

What's New in Version 5.4.0:

Compatible with IPS 4.4 ONLY!

New features:

• Packages*: added package system por paid submissions ( Commerce required )
    • Create packages free or paid (charge for submission)
    • Restrict (or not) by a given number of days
    • Charge (or not) for renewals
    • Pin and/or Feature links
    • Choose which user groups and in which categories it can be used

* Nothing changes if you don't have Commerce.

Enhancements:

• Added random sorting to the links widget feed
  • Sitemap lastmod now uses last review date if you don't use comments
  • Added option to soft delete and permanently delete links in Member Settings (when flagging a member as spammer and when deleting members)
  • Rework in app Settings
  • Rework in templates

Fixes:

• All bugs reported in the Tracker.

I have a buddy of mine next to me. I told him, watch this, I'm going to have to edit the template 😉 I win! Okay, I'll start digging. Any chance you can point me... Nah, never mind, I'll go in and play! BTW, I had bought the directory in 2011. Was out of the game for a while. Back in. Bought it again today. Hope you got paid!!