Links Directory

On 9/18/2018 at 12:55 PM, Adriano Faria said:

Why don't you change that? What difference does it make to you? If the image is already generated, it won't generate again.

I'm working on a new version and won't be able to release a fix for this, if there's an error there. 

Has this issue been fixed so we can store thumbnails locally now in the new release? and or is the screenshotmachine api key now hidden if we don't store them locally?

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

Has this issue been fixed so we can store thumbnails locally now in the new release? and or is the screenshotmachine api key now hidden if we don't store them locally?

Thanks

There’s nothing to be fixed, sorry. I mean, can’t reproduce in my 2 online boards, localhost PC, 2 clients boards I had access this week; nothing logged. It is something related to the changes you made, as you said above. It’s trying to load images and it isn’t finding them.

Change provider. Change settings to store locally. Run the support tool. You will get new images and they will be stored in your uploads folder. It works and always worked. I believe people would already complain at this point if they couldn’t store images.

If you do the above and insists, then send a PM with ACP credentials and FTP. 

API key is required in all providers via URL, it can’t be hidden. You better store them locally. I don’t believe this will be a storage problem. Images are not big and I bet you won’t have more links that ordinary attachments in your board. 🙂

28 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

I believe people would already complain at this point if they couldn’t store images.

I have complained about it as well. :rolleyes: Some images are not there, just a gray rectangle instead. And my logs are full of InvalidArgumentException::0 errors

#0 /var/www/virt/mysite.com/htdocs/system/File/File.php(252): IPS\_Image::create(Object(IPS\Http\Response))
#1 /var/www/virt/mysite.com/htdocs/applications/links/sources/Screenshot/Api/Webthumbnail.php(61): 

I have links that are fine and I have links that make this error. When I follow the link, make screenshot manually and upload it to the site, then the error (for this links only) disappears. As I have over 1000 links I need some days to go all of them through to update those, that make the error. I cannot explain why it happens, but I have the same error on my localhost, my test server and my live server. My links are converted from other app but I have also created some new links to see the difference between converted and "native" links. I cannot see any difference in the database though.

I do not need any fix for this, as I will upload screenshots manually for now where the error appears. Just in case you encounter the error somewhere else...

2 minutes ago, Christforums said:

Same error: 1S111/1 Class IPS\links\setup\upg_500032\Upgrade could not be loaded. Ensure it has been properly prefixed with an underscore and is in the correct namespace.

That's because you've tried before and the upgrade routine can't delete files. This file was removed from the package. Access via FTP and delete the file applications/links/setup/upg_500032\Upgrade.php and then try again with latest version from Marketplace.

@RObiN-HoOD, same for you.

32 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

That's because you've tried before and the upgrade routine can't delete files. This file was removed from the package. Access via FTP and delete the file applications/links/setup/upg_500032\Upgrade.php and then try again with latest version from Marketplace.

@RObiN-HoOD, same for you.

Impressive knowledge of your product and Invision!

It worked.

Thanks!

Edited by Christforums
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello @Adriano Faria,

how about adding Google as Thumbnail API? It's fast AND free. The Link Directory from xenMade uses it. It also has the option if no thumbnail is uploaded, Google is used automatically as fallback. The images are fetched once via Google and then stored on the own server, so when you edit a link, you get a new thumbnail too.

You can see it live on one of my XF sites https://mental-vortex.com/links/

Best Regards

40 minutes ago, Michael R said:

Not sure why, but all of a sudden Links is REALLY slow. The site itself is running fine, but clicking on the Links Directory app and any of the categories or actual links takes forever to load. I just updated to the 5.2.6 but there was no difference.

Again and again... it uses a 3rd-party service to load thumbnails, if you’re not saving it locally. If there’s any issue in their sites, then that’s a price you’ll have to pay to not store links locally!

Edited by Adriano Faria
18 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Again and again... it uses a 3rd-party service to load thumbnails, if you’re not saving it locally. If there’s any issue in their sites, then that’s a price you’ll have to pay to not store links locally!

I did not realize that was an issue.

I have Store Thumbs Locally set to on. Is that not correct?

Edited by Michael R

Lastmod is not set in sitemap for links.

<url>
<loc>
https://www.mysite.com/links/link/1966-my-super-link/
</loc>
<lastmod>1970-01-01T00:00:00+00:00</lastmod>
<priority>1</priority>
</url>

For me I do not use comments but only reviews, so lastmod should be the date of the newest review on the link.

• 1 month later...

@Adriano Faria

Breaks Restful API.

4 hours ago, Kevin Carwile said:

Here you go. Here's the problem. I found the following in the var dump of the endpoints in your system. These are obviously invalid.

It seems like the IPS system should maybe skip over endpoint definitions that it can not parse and not completely croak out when it comes across one. But then again, maybe that's a rules problem too. Who knows what they'll say about that.

[links/links/POSTindex] => Array
                        (
                            [title] => 
                            [description] => 
                            [details] => Array
                                (
                                )

)

[links/links/POSTitem] => Array
                        (
                            [title] => 
                            [description] =>