Links Directory

@Adriano Faria small issue when I reported a language issue to IPS support. They came back with:

This issue is inadvertently caused by the "Links Directory" custom application that you have installed. It has a language key defined "category_desc" with a language string value of "Description", however the same field name ("category") is used by Pages in this specific context. As a result, it inherits the language string, and you get the field description you are seeing. 

image.thumb.png.68acecade8d41e301a1a76c62bd73785.png

The best long term solution would be to reach out to the author of the Links Directory application and advise them of this issue so that they can make adjustments in their application to resolve the concern, but as a temporary workaround you could edit this language string in the AdminCP under Customization > Localization > Languages, search for "category_desc" as I have in the screenshot here, and then add an empty space or other relevant string of text if you prefer under the "English (USA)" column.

Just wanted to let you know.

37 minutes ago, AlexWebsites said:

@Adriano Faria small issue when I reported a language issue to IPS support. They came back with:

Just wanted to let you know.

Hi.

Which LD version are you running? All these language bits (same used in Pages) where removed in the upgrade to LD 5.4.0. Today LD doesn't has a category_desc lang bit; all category langs now use a prefix: links_, so now it is:

'links_category_desc' => 'Description',
  'links_category_desc_placeholder' => 'Add a description',

If that's the only one in trouble, then just delete it directly in your SQL Toolbox:

delete from core_sys_lang_words where word_app = 'links' AND word_key = 'category_desc';

If you use prefix iin your tables, than add it to the table name. Example using prefix ibf_:

delete from ibf_core_sys_lang_words where word_app = 'links' AND word_key = 'category_desc';

If you have more lang bits in this situation and if you have access to FTP, then open the applications/links/setup/upg_500039/upgrade.php and you will see all the language bits removed in 5.4.0.

Let me know if you need help.

Is there any reason that I cannot set number of reviews and comments to 25?

screenshot-2019_06.20-09-50-30.png.b6420381b31f27357360b1dbc93c17e5.png

25 is default in IPS:

/**
	 * @brief	[Content\Item]	Number of reviews to show per page
	 */
	public static $reviewsPerPage = 25;
	/**
	 * Get number of comments to show per page
	 * @return int
	 */
	public static function getCommentsPerPage()
	{
		return 25;
	}

I would like to have it the same way other applications display it.

On 2/12/2019 at 4:32 PM, Wolf said:

When generating a new API Key:

• 3S291/4 The endpoint does not have a valid documentation header.

On 2/13/2019 at 2:26 AM, Adriano Faria said:

Sent you a PM with fix as I won't release a new version before 4.4.

If anyone else needs this, just drop a PM.

I just ran into this same issue.

Disabling Links Directory lets me generate an API key, and then everything still works fine after I re-enable it. I sent an API call to update a guest poster's name and it worked fine. Looks like I'm just missing whatever additional endpoints Links Directory provides (since I can't edit my API key and enable them without getting that error). Not a huge deal. Everything works great otherwise, just letting you know the error still exists 🙂

Thanks for the great app!

5 hours ago, Time Travel Institute said:

I just ran into this same issue.

Disabling Links Directory lets me generate an API key, and then everything still works fine after I re-enable it. I sent an API call to update a guest poster's name and it worked fine. Looks like I'm just missing whatever additional endpoints Links Directory provides (since I can't edit my API key and enable them without getting that error). Not a huge deal. Everything works great otherwise, just letting you know the error still exists 🙂

Thanks for the great app!

Temporary fix available on https://www.sosinvision.com.br/ips4/index.php?/tracker/linksdirectory/the-endpoint-does-not-have-a-valid-documentation-header-r506/

If you don't have an account in the support board, just create one and send a PM. I'll change your group then you will have access to it.

Definitive fix in next version.

👍

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but no one can post links and its because the permission settings won't save.

ACP - Members - Groups

Click the Lock button

Click on the Links Directory Tab

Make sure all six are checked

Click Save, then I go back in and  Add Links, Comment, Review Links and Bypass Moderation are not checked anymore.

No matter what group I try and add these permissions, the changes just won't save.

Any ideas for me to look at?

1 minute ago, DJ ZAh said:

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but no one can post links and its because the permission settings won't save.

ACP - Members - Groups

Click the Lock button

Click on the Links Directory Tab

Make sure all six are checked

Click Save, then I go back in and  Add Links, Comment, Review Links and Bypass Moderation are not checked anymore.

No matter what group I try and add these permissions, the changes just won't save.

Any ideas for me to look at?

Have you tried to change permissions directly in the category instead? I don’t remember have added the permission (extension) matrix in the group; will need to check.

The app already comes with a category ready to submit links, etc. Just install, click in the green button and insert the link.

Thanks. I deleted the category and within a club I created a new category and tried and still same issue.

As soon as I click

Submit the first link

I get this error message

Sorry, there is a problem

The page you are trying to access is not available for your account.

Error code: 2C137/3

Appears to be specific to links in Clubs only.  Creating a link outside the club seems to work just fine.

What am I missing that would be causing the ability to not create links in clubs?