(NB41) Enhanced Advertisements

I bought this app but I do not know how to use it...

Here are my questions

1. I would like to add ads to board index page between forums; HOW?
  2. I would like to add ads between topic list  every 7 topic; How?
  3. I would like to add ads between post  every 7 post; How?
  4. I would like to add ads on blog index page every 7 blogs; How?
  5. I would like to add ads on inside a blog post; How?
  6. I would like to add ads on Gallery images; insert description; How?
  7. I would like to add ads on Clubs; insert a club description: How?

Thanks

Hello,

15 hours ago, media said:
  • I would like to add ads to board index page between forums; HOW?

Between each?

• I would like to add ads between topic list  every 7 topic; How?

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/429838-nb41-enhanced-advertisements/?do=findComment&comment=2701329

change 9 to 6

• I would like to add ads between post  every 7 post; How?

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/429838-nb41-enhanced-advertisements/?do=findComment&comment=2637329

• I would like to add ads on blog index page every 7 blogs; How?
  • I would like to add ads on inside a blog post; How?
  • I would like to add ads on Gallery images; insert description; How?
  • I would like to add ads on Clubs; insert a club description: How?

It would be better if you give me links/screenshots.

1 hour ago, Stormlilly said:

I am having a little trouble determining the correct CSS selectors, etc to use. 

Do you have a document that has a summary of common selectors and input fields to use for common ad placements?

Hello,

I explained how to use the app here https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/429838-nb41-enhanced-advertisements/?do=findComment&comment=2637329 and here https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/429838-nb41-enhanced-advertisements/?do=findComment&comment=2718079

There is no selectors list because you can add yourself like 

<div class="mySuperClass">text</div>

Ask me if you have any problems :)

Edited by newbie LAC

feature request...

could you make it possible to set a priority for each ad (when the global circulation setting in IPS is configured for "random")? for example, be able to have some ads show about twice as often as others... or have an ad that only shows about 5% of the time. basicly adjust how the pseudo-random rotation is executed.

i'm coming to IPS from vBulletin and was using a free plugin for rotating banners (https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=188328). they called the attribute "likelihood" and did it in the form of a percentage. this feature is sorely missed as we had some non-profit and self-promotion ads that we set to only show very occasionally in the mix.

thanks!

Hello,

9 hours ago, orp said:

could you make it possible to set a priority for each ad (when the global circulation setting in IPS is configured for "random")? for example, be able to have some ads show about twice as often as others... or have an ad that only shows about 5% of the time. basicly adjust how the pseudo-random rotation is executed.

i'm coming to IPS from vBulletin and was using a free plugin for rotating banners (https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=188328). they called the attribute "likelihood" and did it in the form of a percentage. this feature is sorely missed as we had some non-profit and self-promotion ads that we set to only show very occasionally in the mix.

Maybe in the next release. But no guarantee

• 1 month later...

@newbie LAC Happy new year! I've been wondering if this app could help me implement something similar to this that I did on 3.4 (with one of Dawpi's apps that he hasn't updated to version 4)

ad_above_first_post_b.thumb.jpg.f67cdf6c97f8539a29666be52731b10b.jpg

Basically adding the advert above the first post of a thread in something that looks like a post container. Of course, I'm looking for something similar on 4.2, for desktop and mobile (actually I'm after more mobile than desktop, even if the picture here corresponds to a desktop view). The idea is for it to look as close as possible to the other posts, whether it's desktop or mobile. As you see there's something in the place of the user details (a site avatar, site name, and instead of the user's name a short phrase or description)

I'd also need to have the capacity of showing this on some subforums and not others. (Which I assume possible going by some previous posts here)

Is this something, that if I get the app, you could help me achieve here? or would be something more of a job commissioning nature? (that I'd be happy to do too). I simply don't know the level of difficulty so that's why I ask. :)

Hello,

Happy New Year!

53 minutes ago, PPlanet said:

I've been wondering if this app could help me implement something similar to this that I did on 3.4 (with one of Dawpi's apps that he hasn't updated to version 4)

You can take the html of post and edit it. Example 

I'd also need to have the capacity of showing this on some subforums and not others. (Which I assume possible going by some previous posts here)

You can use conditions

Is this something, that if I get the app, you could help me achieve here? 

Yes.

Actually for this you can use. I guess. Not tested. You can't by default.

Edited by newbie LAC

Hi, I am currently using the code for restricting to several forums

{{if \IPS\Request::i()->app == 'forums' and \IPS\Request::i()->module == 'forums' and \IPS\Request::i()->controller == 'topic'}}
	{{$forumId = 0; try { $topic = \IPS\forums\Topic::loadAndCheckPerms( \IPS\Request::i()->id ); $topicId = $topic->topic_id; } catch( \Exception $e ) {};}}
{{endif}}

{{if !in_array($forumId, array(29,46))}}

how can I restrict ads not to show in topics with certain IDs? 

Hello,

11 hours ago, Sergey_SV said:

how can I restrict ads not to show in topics with certain IDs? 

{{if \IPS\Request::i()->app == 'forums' and \IPS\Request::i()->module == 'forums' and \IPS\Request::i()->controller == 'topic' and !in_array(\IPS\Request::i()->id, array(1,2,3))}}
	Code
{{endif}}

• 4 weeks later...