(NB41) Enhanced Advertisements

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, loccom said:

messaged

Thanks

14 minutes ago, gavpedz said:

Loving this app so far wondering how i might be able to stop showing ads on error pages though as far as i am aware google doesn't like Adsense ads to show on error pages like 404 not found etc. 

Hello,

To exclude all error pages you can add in Extra condition field

{{if !isset(\IPS\Output::i()->hiddenElements['nbenhadverts_error_page'])}}1{{endif}}

11 minutes ago, newbie LAC said:

Thanks

Hello,

{{if !isset(\IPS\Output::i()->hiddenElements['nbenhadverts_error_page'])}}1{{endif}}

i tried adding that to an exsisiting condition and does not work. How do you add 2 conditions?

this just breaks the original one

{{if !(request.app == 'core' and request.module == 'system' and in_array(request.controller, array('register', 'login')))}}1{{endif}}
{{if 1==1 and !isset(\IPS\Output::i()->hiddenElements['nbenhadverts_error_page'])}}1{{endif}}

20 minutes ago, newbie LAC said:

Thanks

Hello,

Perfect thank you!

3 minutes ago, loccom said:

this just breaks the original one

{{if !(request.app == 'core' and request.module == 'system' and in_array(request.controller, array('register', 'login')))}}1{{endif}}
{{if 1==1 and !isset(\IPS\Output::i()->hiddenElements['nbenhadverts_error_page'])}}1{{endif}}

What i am doing is using the global settings to stop ads showing on any login and register url so no need for the login conditional then just adding the one error page conditional. 

Edited by gavpedz

I seem to have another issue i need to fix. 

I have two forums that are private as in they are only visible and accessible to logged in members. 

I added the forum sections url to the global settings which stopped ads within the topic list of that forum but if a click a topic within that forum ads try and show how can i stop ads from showing in any topic of a particular forum, please? 

Oh also any trickery to show ads after either the first unread post within a topic or the last post if already read?

Edited by gavpedz
19 hours ago, gavpedz said:

I added the forum sections url to the global settings which stopped ads within the topic list of that forum but if a click a topic within that forum ads try and show how can i stop ads from showing in any topic of a particular forum, please? 

I'm afraid you can't do it with that setting. You need to use condition.

Oh also any trickery to show ads after either the first unread post within a topic

Try 

Selector 

.ipsCommentUnreadSeperator + a + article.cPost

Position 

Insert advert after the chosen element(s)

the last post if already read?

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/429838-nb41-enhanced-advertisements/?do=findComment&comment=2668271

Just change position

Edited by newbie LAC
3 hours ago, gavpedz said:

Ok what conditional would I need to use for that please? To exclude ads in private forums and topics within those forums. 

{{if \IPS\Request::i()->app == 'forums' and \IPS\Request::i()->module == 'forums' and \IPS\Request::i()->controller == 'forums'}}
    {{$forumId = \IPS\Request::i()->id;}}
{{elseif \IPS\Request::i()->app == 'forums' and \IPS\Request::i()->module == 'forums' and \IPS\Request::i()->controller == 'topic'}}
    {{try { $topic = \IPS\forums\Topic::loadAndCheckPerms( \IPS\Request::i()->id ); $forumId = $topic->forum_id; } catch( \Exception $e ) {};}}
{{endif}}
{{if !(isset($forumId) and in_array($forumId, array(1,2,3)))}}
{{endif}}

Change IDs in array(1,2,3) on forums IDs

Edited by newbie LAC
1 hour ago, newbie LAC said:

{{if \IPS\Request::i()->app == 'forums' and \IPS\Request::i()->module == 'forums' and \IPS\Request::i()->controller == 'forums'}}
{{elseif \IPS\Request::i()->app == 'forums' and \IPS\Request::i()->module == 'forums' and \IPS\Request::i()->controller == 'topic'}}
    {{try { $topic = \IPS\forums\Topic::loadAndCheckPerms( \IPS\Request::i()->id ); $forumId = $topic->forum_id; } catch( \Exception $e ) {};}}
{{endif}}
{{if isset($forumId) and in_array($forumId, array(1,2,3))}}
{{endif}}

Change IDs in array(1,2,3) on forums IDs

Thank you so much for your help.

I just have the extra conditionals box like this now but the ads still show in the private forum topics

{{endif}}
{{if isset($forumId) and in_array($forumId, array(5,2,21))}}
{{endif}}

Edited by gavpedz
12 minutes ago, newbie LAC said:

Sorry. I read incorrect your post. I've changed my code.

Thank you but the code doesnt seem any different. What i mean is the new code doesnt make a difference. Ads still show in those particular forums and the topics within those forums. 

Edited by gavpedz