(NB41) Enhanced Advertisements

Hello,

15 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

does this app provide clickbombing protection for adsense?

Not tested.

27 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

So can I add adverts anywhere?

Yes.

31 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

I tend to have a 300x250 followed by 300x600 adverts and have different sets for forum sidebar, calendar sidebar, football sidebar etc. I currently use IP custom blocks to place these so will this give me the ability to replace those?

You can add adverts based on location:

Topic #1, member #2, football league #1, activity stream etc

34 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

3 - I also name my ads for the location I place them so I know which ones are performing in adsense. Can I make sure for example, advert 1 in a forum / topic that is in position after 3rd topic / post is a specific advert, then the advert that is after position 5 in a topic post / forum is another specific advert?

Doesn't matter how you name your ads. You will work with css selectors.

On 5/26/2016 at 7:03 AM, newbie LAC said:

Firebug + phpquery selectors.

I have installed firebug but can't seem to see what you posted in your example.

When you say the above, do I need to add a plugin into firebug called phpquery selectors?

Do you have screen capture software where you could do a quick example?

Hi,

Have only added that 1 advert

Just tried to do a search in a forum and the site has gone down with this error

Fatal error: Method IPS\core\Advertisement::__toString() must not throw an exception, caught Error: Cannot use object of type IPS\GeoLocation as array in /home/badhabi5/public_html/init.php(448) : eval()'d code on line 0

have disabled the ads app and the site has come back online

19 minutes ago, newbie LAC said:

I wrote about that in the topic :) Please search

Thanks.

so it should just be this:-  article.cPost:eq(2)

It's confusing because that code is so much shorter to the advert after every 3rd topic in every forum one which is a lot longer

[data-pageapp="forums"][data-pagemodule="forums"][data-pagecontroller="forums"] .cTopicList .ipsDataItem:eq(9)

will give it a go now

3 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

It's confusing because that code is so much shorter to the advert after every 3rd topic in every forum one which is a lot longer

You can use 

[data-pageapp="forums"][data-pagemodule="forums"][data-pagecontroller="topic"] article.cPost:eq(2)

to be sure what it topic view location

Hello,

8 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

I thought the Custom CSS  should be .ipsBox ipsPad_half ipsSpacer_bottom

Classes should start with dot.

Also element has all these classes. So you should remove spaces

.ipsBox.ipsPad_half.ipsSpacer_bottom

Be careful. If these classes used somewhere else the advert will be displayed there.

[data-pageapp="calendar"][data-pagemodule="calendar"][data-pagecontroller="event"] .ipsBox.ipsPad_half.ipsSpacer_bottom

Edited by newbie LAC

Hi,

I added the code that was suggested in a reply to Hugo_S4 who asked Hello. Please help. How to insert an ad after the second search result

which was

#elSearch_main [data-role="resultsContents"] .ipsStreamItem:eq(1

It works lovely on the search results but I have just noticed it also appears incorrectly when clicking the members icon which takes you to:

https://www.walkingfootball.com/search/?type=core_members