Member Lists Pro

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

I looked at the pics and I'm not sure it will do one thing I was hoping for.

I'd like to have lists of users who have between 5k and 10k posts, then 10k to 20k, then 30k...

Does it do a between on post counts?

Thanks

No, there's no between option, but I like the idea

• 2 weeks later...

New version available.

New Features:

• 2 new output options

Additional Information:

• There was a minor code refactoring which was necessary to make this Application compatible with an upcoming project.

On 6.11.2016 at 1:10 PM, Square Wheels said:

Thanks ,  if you add it, I'll buy it.

Sorry, this request didn't make it into this release, but it will be included in the next :)

Hi! I've been testing this out and am very happy with it so far. Once my lists go public I'll link to them in this topic. :)

I have a couple of feature requests:

• The option to copy topic-view styling for profile fields. For example, URL field types display as the url even when the output is styled otherwise.
    • Also, I'm not sure if this is more complicated than copying the topic-view or just the same but support for topic-views made by other third-party items would be great. For example: Dropdown Grouped Profile Fields.
  • Sub-lists. In the ACP, move lists to park them inset of other lists. This then outputs as a list that is accessible via a button in the description of the 'master' list, which when selected causes the 'sub-list' to appear, rather than go to a separate page.
On 20.11.2016 at 4:25 AM, Simon Woods said:

Sub-lists. In the ACP, move lists to park them inset of other lists. This then outputs as a list that is accessible via a button in the description of the 'master' list, which when selected causes the 'sub-list' to appear, rather than go to a separate page.

Interesting idea, i have posted it to my internal suggestion tracker to not forget about it https://addons.invisionzone.com/projects/item/99-categories-sublists/

Edited by fosters
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a couple of "pre-sales" questions, having looked at your demo site.

1.  Can it output long lists (such as 25 per page) with pagination?  I have about 6500 users, and the grid/avatar format simply doesn't work for that many.

2.  In addition to searching by Member Group, can it limit access to specific member groups?  For example, I don't want Guests to be able to use it at all.  I want only Premium Members to see a list of all Premium Members, etc.

Just now, KentT said:

I have a couple of "pre-sales" questions, having looked at your demo site.

1.  Can it output long lists (such as 25 per page) with pagination?  I have about 6500 users, and the grid/avatar format simply doesn't work for that many.

2.  In addition to searching by Member Group, can it limit access to specific member groups?  For example, I don't want Guests to be able to use it at all.  I want only Premium Members to see a list of all Premium Members, etc.

Yes & yes

I've purchased the application and am trying to use two different user lists, as follows:

a. All registered users, visible to all signed-in users, with limited profile info
b. Premium members, visible only to premium members, with more detailed profile info

1. How do I link to these two separate lists?  I've created two menu options (using CJ Menu by defining this app as the method)  with the second option only visible to Premium Members.  Only one of the lists shows up in CJ  Menu But, it will only display whichever list is set as the default, and there's no way to get a URL for the specific list, in order to link them on the menu as internal links.

2. One of the lists will display the selected additional fields in the member's profile, while the other one will not -- it only shows some of them.  I've verified that the permissions are set correctly on these additional fields, and have verified that I have them selected on the settings for the List, but they still do not appear....

7 hours ago, KentT said:

I've purchased the application and am trying to use two different user lists, as follows:

a. All registered users, visible to all signed-in users, with limited profile info
b. Premium members, visible only to premium members, with more detailed profile info

1. How do I link to these two separate lists?  I've created two menu options (using CJ Menu by defining this app as the method)  with the second option only visible to Premium Members.  Only one of the lists shows up in CJ  Menu But, it will only display whichever list is set as the default, and there's no way to get a URL for the specific list, in order to link them on the menu as internal links.

2. One of the lists will display the selected additional fields in the member's profile, while the other one will not -- it only shows some of them.  I've verified that the permissions are set correctly on these additional fields, and have verified that I have them selected on the settings for the List, but they still do not appear....

If you want, you can send me a PM with admin details for your board and I'll set it up for you :)

• 3 months later...

The promised lists:
(Note: the site is built around a RPG, using account groups for characters as well as players)

• All Members -- a basic list of every account that represents a person.
  • Authors -- the active players of the game.
  • Staff -- the staff team.

There are a quite a few other lists, including a collection that make up a multi-layered roster of all characters in the game. I have done very little work on the settings of each list and have already been happy with them since they were made public a few months ago.

Yet more great work from fosters. :)

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I'm considering buying this application, but I have some questions concerning the features:

1. Looking at the screenshots, I can't see if sorting is available f.e. for birthday fields, or other custom profile fields (numbers). F.e. I would like to publish a separate birthday list, ordered by birthday dates. Or the (real) member's last names alphabetically. Predefined sorting options should be a default for each independent list.
  2. If users enter their contents in different "custom profile fields" with different "character lengths", is it guaranteed in the member frontend boxes, they all have the same height and width and the profile field values are shown completely (I mean: they may not be shown in single lines with an "..." or "more" at the end. For some custom profile fields, it should display the whole value/information. Or better: the maximum length of the field display length in the lists should be configurable for each field to show.
  3. Are all frontend boxes in the same format (width/length)? Are the boxes designed to match an overall dimensions standard - despite different content lengths?
  4. Can I add all custom profile fields? Is this configurable for each list independently?
  5. With custom profile fields, I have the regular ACP option "Show publicly on member's profile". Is there a way to grant special (VIP) user groups the permission, to view these protected informations in member lists, that are only available for them? I mean: Show Publicly -> OFF; but in member lists for VIP groups, these field values are shown.
  6. Is it possible to have some separator lines or clear lines in between custom profile fields? Or between custom profile field groups?
  7. Is it possible to show the nickname under the avatar? Not next to it...
  8. Instead of the nickname next to the avatar, can I use the (real) "full name", entered in a custom profile field?
  9. Is it possible to show the "primary group name" under the member name?
  10. Any export options of individual lists planned (csv) for future releases?

Sorry for the long list of questions, but I try to identify, if the tool is suited for my requirements.

Also, maybe some of my points are of interest for coming updates and future releases.

Thanks.

Edited by Cyboman

I bought it to check myself... ;) 

1. Alphabetic sorting -> yes, Birthday sorting -> no (request for future update) - Sorting for Profile fields would be great!
  2. boxes are dynamic height for each member, depending on length of shown profile fields
  3. dimensions standard -> only width, not height (see 2.)
  4. all profile fields -> yes
  5. don't know yet
  6. separator lines -> not for categories -> but between every field record
  7. Placing options -> no
  8. I would love to see an option, to replace the nickname with a profile field record.
  9. show group membership -> no (would be nice one day)
  10. export -> currently no (export options for individual member lists in csv format would be awesome) -> for MS Word bulk letter function

One issue, I think I found a bug:

• USER AAA is member in ZZZ primary group and VVV secondary group
  • USER BBB is member in YYY primary group and ZZZ secondary group

Now I want to create a list, where all members in ZZZ group are shown.

I configured:

• show primary group: ZZZ
    +
  • show secondary group: ZZZ

Result: it only shows USER AAA (ZZZ = primary group), unfortunately not BBB (ZZZ = secondary group), it appears as if it doesn't parse the secondary group, if the secondary group is the same as in primary group. Or it doesn't parse the secondary group at all...

I'm on IPS Suite 4.1.19.4

Thanks.

Edited by Cyboman
10 hours ago, Cyboman said:

export -> currently no (export options for individual member lists in csv format would be awesome) -> for MS Word bulk letter function

Agree, that's a great idea. https://addons.invisionzone.com/projects/item/358-export-list/

5,6,7,8 and probably 9 could be done very easy by customizing the template

But I have plans to implement a much better way to customize the box in a later version.

10 hours ago, Cyboman said:

One issue, I think I found a bug:

• USER AAA is member in ZZZ primary group and VVV secondary group
  • USER BBB is member in YYY primary group and ZZZ secondary group

Now I want to create a list, where all members in ZZZ group are shown.

I configured:

• show primary group: ZZZ
    +
  • show secondary group: ZZZ

Result: it only shows USER AAA (ZZZ = primary group), unfortunately not BBB (ZZZ = secondary group), it appears as if it doesn't parse the secondary group, if the secondary group is the same as in primary group. Or it doesn't parse the secondary group at all...

I can't reproduce this. Could I get FTP access, or is this the CiC installation?

8 hours ago, fosters said:

I can't reproduce this. Could I get FTP access, or is this the CiC installation?

It's a CiC installation, but unfortunately I can't grant access to it due to privacy concerns at the moment.

I rechecked it and I found out:

Secondary groups in "member criteria" aren't parsed at all. Nowhere. Never.

• Even if I have "all groups" as secondary groups criteria enabled.
  • Secondary group settings in member lists just don't have any effect.

Probably there is any permissions conflict?

I deactivated

• guests permissions in all applications for all modules
  • different groups permissions in IP.pages...
  • and a lot more

Is there any permission known/required for member lists to work properly? I mean app levels, group levels, page levels...

Parsing the "primary group" works excellent. It's just that the secondary group isn't parsed at all.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Please include a feature to NOT DISPLAY BANNED MEMBERs.

And maybe another less important feature to ONLY SHOW BANNED MEMBERs.

As IPS changed the banning mechanism (in IPSv3 banned members were moved to a "BANNED" member group), I can't filter them out, if they have been banned indefinitely.

Thanks.

Edited by Cyboman

Fosters Crew is pleased to present the latest version of Member Lists Pro v1.1.0 available immediately in the IPS Marketplace for purchase.  The updated version is now 4.2 compatible, which means it's ready to be installed on all 4.2.x installations.  

Buy now or upgrade your existing copy:

https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/8035-member-lists-pro/

About

Member Lists Pro by @Fosters gives you the ability to create an unlimited number of ways to customize, craft, and populate your member lists.  Create staff lists, create clan lists, create special lists, create multiple lists, create as many custom member lists as you want!  Break beyond the standard IPS member list with a customized set of tools and designs to connect your members with a more meaningful set of userdata.  Member Lists Pro is perfect for gaming and clan communities; dating and social communities; regional and geographic communities; and any community that demands a more specialized set of memberlists. 

• 2 weeks later...