User Groups in Registration Screen & Account Settings

10 hours ago, NovaDiplomunion said:

So I bought this plugin, was able to get 2 primary groups on the sign up page but members are reporting that they are unable to actually have their selection apply to their account. Please advise. 

Tested the 3 possible ways that the plugin should work and it seems ok to me:

What isn't working there?

3 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Tested the 3 possible ways that the plugin should work and it seems ok to me:

What isn't working there?

When I register a dummy account I get an ex0 error, it keeps me logged out and when I log into the dummy account the member group is set to the default member group. I can however change it from my account options.

4 hours ago, NovaDiplomunion said:

When I register a dummy account I get an ex0 error, it keeps me logged out and when I log into the dummy account the member group is set to the default member group. I can however change it from my account options.

Works fine in my test as you can see. Send a PM with an ACP account of your board. I’ll take a look tomorrow in the morning to see what’s going on there. 

14 hours ago, NovaDiplomunion said:

Sounds good I appreciate it. I just sent over some credentials. 

I tested my pluign with all others disabled and worked fine, as you can see in the PM. Then I re enabled all, not working.

I narrowed it down to Clubs Enhancements you're using, which is an outdated version (1.1.2). This version is for IPS 4.3, not 4.4. There were some changes in a class that CE and my plugin extends, so CE is broking the class.

You should disable CE or update it.

@Adriano Faria Thank you for your help this morning.

So the clubs enhancement plugin conflict occurs from this setting when enabled: 

image.thumb.png.5f0132d58074203bbb8af5d9051d93d5.png

Im assuming the assigning of the member group conflicts with the group that I set in this plugin, but all seems to be working now with the plugin enabled. I figured I'd give everyone a heads up who has the clubs enhancement plugin to disable this setting to prevent errors in the future. 

Thanks again.

23 minutes ago, NovaDiplomunion said:

Im assuming the assigning of the member group conflicts with the group that I set in this plugin

No, not exactly. There’s one parameter missing in this specific 4.3 CE function call (it was added on 4.4.X). Anyway, disabling the setting will make the CE plugin to not run this function, hence the lack of error now. 
👍

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Would it be possible in a future release to have a WYSIWYG text area above the choices?

Some people signing up might be confused about the group choices.  Having an area which I could put HTML, text, etc there would be helpful in making sure people selected the correct group.

Another idea, something that might be really interesting - separate redirects depending on which group was chosen.  If the person signing up chose the "blogger" group, I could enter the blog address and that's where they would land after signup.  Using this with pages, I could have the an actress group go to a pages page with description of what to do next after signing up... just an idea.

• 7 months later...

@Adriano F Hello, I'm thinking of purchasing your app and if both of my questions below are a "yes" then your app will meet my needs. 

Does this app work with your Invite App and can "Group" as shown below be changed or is it hard coded?

image.png.5d8634bac18416744340c51195f49ed8.png

If it can be changed would you please provide the key name I would modify.  Thanks...

Edited by Chris Anderson
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, AlFed said:

Hello @Adriano Faria Many thanks for the plugin. Unfortunately I have got an issue with it.

No groups names are shown in the list, except Moderators and Administrators. I was trying to add and delete different names, but with no success. Please can you help?

1048869715_Screenshot2021-10-25at09_52_09.thumb.png.e1b274b2f0bf85b76198be6000dd80cb.png

Two quick things before I test it out:

1: Do you use this resource https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/8539-remove-group-name/ ?

2: Have you tested in another browser to make sure it also happens there?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi, I've been using your plugin and have had success. However, lately I've been seeing lots of members not move into the correct secondary group. For my use it's gender selection of Husband or Wife in a community. What I have found is when a user registers without selecting a renewable product, they get this registration page:

unknown.png

However, if they register and select a renewable product when first signing up they are sent to another style of registration form that excludes the plugin for secondary group:

unknown.png

Is there a way to get the Secondary Group to also appear on the registration page when selecting a renewable product/subscription?

14 minutes ago, JacobM said:

Hi, I've been using your plugin and have had success. However, lately I've been seeing lots of members not move into the correct secondary group. For my use it's gender selection of Husband or Wife in a community. What I have found is when a user registers without selecting a renewable product, they get this registration page:

unknown.png

However, if they register and select a renewable product when first signing up they are sent to another style of registration form that excludes the plugin for secondary group:

unknown.png

Is there a way to get the Secondary Group to also appear on the registration page when selecting a renewable product/subscription?

No, as stated in the file description:

IpJ3dHj.jpg