User Groups in Registration Screen & Account Settings

Just now, Paradoxical Issue said:

Any luck?

LOL. You got to be kidding, right? Do you what day is today?

You made a suggestion. Suggestions go to my update schedule. Bugs are fixed fast; suggestions are handled when I have time.

I suggest you to sit down and wait. I have absolutely no intention to work in this plugin in a month or so. I have a ton of other resources in the row.

Btw, happy new year... :sick:

Just now, Adriano Faria said:

LOL. You got to be kidding, right? Do you what day is today?

You made a suggestion. Suggestions go to my update schedule. Bugs are fixed fast; suggestions are handled when I have time.

I suggest you to sit down and wait. I have absolutely no intention to work in this plugin in a month or so. I have a ton of other resources in the row.

Btw, happy new year... :sick:

The only thing laughable is your need for such a passive aggressiveness response. I had no idea how your work-flow priorities were handled and as such, asked for a mere status check. Since you offered a suggestion, let me reciprocate. I suggest you take this year's resolutions to address your attitude and relax. 

10 minutes ago, Paradoxical Issue said:

The only thing laughable is your need for such a passive aggressiveness response. I had no idea how your work-flow priorities were handled and as such, asked for a mere status check. Since you offered a suggestion, let me reciprocate. I suggest you take this year's resolutions to address your attitude and relax. 

Will do. After I apply suggestion in a ton of resources, then in yours.

You are making a "mere stuats check" in less than 24 hours of your request, in a day like today? Weekend ? New year's day? Yes, we have a life too.

Regardless of not knowing my workflow, at least a little bit or common sense you should have.

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
36 minutes ago, Alexbay said:

hi just wondering to know how to set up this plugin, on new registration?

i have also the Profile Field Per User Group plugin, where actually i have created different groups with different fields on registration, 

but when i try to register as a new user and i choose the group that i like the profile fields taht has been created for that group it doesn't show 

any help?

I'm not sure I understood what you want, but if you're waiting profile fields in registration screen for the group you set as the registration group, that won't happen because Profile Field Per User Group extends the profile (edit profile, where you fill the fields), not the registration screen.

Those are two different plugins, they extend different areas and has nothing to do with the other. Also, there's nothing in description of both files saying that they are compatible/work together.

Edited by Adriano Faria

I know that they are 2 different plugins, i was just trying to see if it works, as when you set up a new profil filed you have the option " Show on registration page that's way i have tried to find out if i do something wrong or it doesn't work 

343.png

Edited by Alexbay
Just now, Alexbay said:

I know that they are 2 different plugins, i was just trying to see if it works, as when you set up a new profil filed you have the option " Show on registration page that's way i have tried to find out if i do something wrong or it doesn't work 

Nope, they're not connected and they can't be. Extra field is a core feature and will list ANY custom field in register screen. My app *changes* the group after the user creates the account.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, Adriano!
I got some problems with the User Groups in Registration Screen plugin that the company I work for bought time ago.
I cant see, now, the button for the Groups change in the Account Settings; the plugin works only in the registration screen.
This issue appeared after the update to the v4.1.19.4 of IPS. I think there are some compatibility problems because if I active the plugin, everything in my community begins to blow up.

Can you help me fix it?
Thank you, have a nice day.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/5/2016 at 1:44 PM, Adriano Faria said:

It is designed to work ONLY on default IPS 4.X registration screen. It doesn't support social network registration (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)

@Adriano Faria What happens if a user registers through a social network and this plugin is enabled? Does it cause an error, or is the user still registered (without the opportunity to choose group(s)?

If the user registers through a social network, is the user still able to choose groups in their account settings?

Just now, PrettyPixels said:

@Adriano Faria What happens if a user registers through a social network and this plugin is enabled? Does it cause an error, or is the user still registered (without the opportunity to choose group(s)?

If the user registers through a social network, is the user still able to choose groups in their account settings?

Hi there:

It is designed to work ONLY on default IPS 4.X registration screen. It doesn't support social network registration (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)

It won't do anything because this extends the regular registration method and social do not use it.