User Groups in Registration Screen & Account Settings

About This File

This plugin will allow users to choose groups in register form during registration process OR on Account Settings, if their groups are allowed to. Admin will set up which groups will be available in registration screen/account settings.

IMPORTANT NOTICES:

• The registration group/change of group on Account Settings will not be saved IF any attempt of exploit (try to change the Group ID) is detected. An error message will be displayed instead.
  • It is designed to work ONLY on default IPS 4.X registration screen. It doesn't support social network registration (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
  • Compatible with Commerce, UNLESS you use the setting Move customer into group on a product/package in registration screen. In this case, the group chosen on Commerce will OVERRIDE the group chosen by the user in this plugin. Pay attention to this item!
  • Upgrade authorized by @Pete T.

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

I can add this in a couple of weeks.

If you release a version that allows for selecting one or more "allowed" secondary groups I will definitely purchase it asap! Can be a completely different mod as I don't need the ability to choose a primary group.

It would also nicely compliment the secondary group icons mod.

Hmmm - Ok.  Would it be possible to have the groups that CAN SEE it as a separate option?  I ask because this would be very handy for my users to pick secondary user groups as interest groups.  Because I have trial members though, I do not want them to be able to make themselves a FULL MEMBER on their own, but they could because in order for this to be viewable to each main group, those other groups become an option as well to change to.  

I purchased this mod and it's awesome!

Only problem is, when a user chooses from the secondary groups made available, the mod removes him from any other secondary groups he belonged to :-(

So lets say you allow your member to choose to join a Football, Racing, and Halo secondary group. When he chooses any or all of them, for some reason he is also removed from any other secondary groups he belongs to, like Moderator, Award Manager, Etc.

I'm not sure why the code does this, as you would think it would only toggle on or off the groups you select, but unfortunately when any exposed group is selected or deselected and saved, the user is removed from all other secondary groups :-(

7 hours ago, Shawn Tierney said:

Only problem is, when a user chooses from the secondary groups made available, the mod removes him from any other secondary groups he belonged to :-(

I see what you mean. That's because I list only the groups added via settings and then save those users chose.

I'll take a look on how to leave that other groups disabled but available when saving.

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 4 weeks later...