Member's Country

I've come across a strange bug that IPS thinks is on the developers of these modifications (Hence why this a copy/paste) post across all the affected plugins that I noticed this on. At certain sizes of the screen (When you have a few of these plugins active on) it kind of bugs the profile up. 

At this screen size, it's fine:

Fine.thumb.png.70563ecbae760301475165a6e8e7fef0.png

However when I get it between the state of desktop/tablet mode and mobile mode it's not fine:

59b6bc930e121_NotFine.thumb.png.24c684042ebdf73bf86c0a972cba6fc6.png

I have spoken to IPS about this because I believed it was a problem only showing up because it's not something the software is expecting (An out of the box set up), and after some back and forth the reply I got was this:

...When the 3rd party author is creating items which adds information to the tabs, or the info bar at the top of the profile page, and change the size of the window to be smaller, it is not responsively changing the layout of the page in a manner which shows the page correctly...

The above if correct however is a job for the 3rd party developer to account for when they are adding items to the page. We do not have a function when a user is developing that states "Add a new tab to the profile area", just for example. This is something in which is specifically program in. If there is not enough space for it, then they would need to account for that. If it breaks the layout when in a responsive mode, they would also need to account for that. If there is something they cannot code around, they would need to report that as something they wish to be changed to make development easier for them to work with. 

• 4 weeks later...

I recently updated to latest IPB 4.2.5, via my smartphone and something went wrong. Now I cannot see the flags next to users, only blank spaces. Is there a way to fix it without losing any already assigned flags? I've tried to update to latest version of plugin but it didn't help.

Capture.thumb.JPG.e2cc4329d04b198ea9b42d81d11c392f.JPG

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Jean-Philippe said:

I am very interested in your "Member's country" app, but you indicate that it is necessary to have an active license perk.

Where can I get this license?

Thank you for your help

I know this wasn't aimed at me, but I think I can answer it. Adriano means your IPS Licence. Active means that you can receive updates for it - if you're self hosted. If you're hosted though IPS then I'd assume it's always active. Hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Since the update the country flag shows on usergroups that are NOT permitted to view it in the plugin settings.

Example, I have selected view only by Administrators and Moderators, but general members can still view it on other members' profile pages.

This wasn't the case before the last update - is anyone else experiencing this?

Edited by Stormlilly
1 hour ago, Stormlilly said:

Hi,

Since the update the country flag shows on usergroups that are NOT permitted to view it in the plugin settings.

Example, I have selected view only by Administrators and Moderators, but general members can still view it on other members' profile pages.

This wasn't the case before the last update - is anyone else experiencing this?

This specific feature had no change since its implementation in last February. It is the way it was since then.

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much for the video, it was very helpful.

I have installed latest version, disabled all plugins and add-on apps, plus tried the settings you have outlined above and other combinations (including no view permissions at all for anyone) and it still shows the flag to all usergroups.

:( I've had to disable for now until I figure out why its not working. 

Thanks again for trying.

4 hours ago, Stormlilly said:

Thanks so much for the video, it was very helpful.

I have installed latest version, disabled all plugins and add-on apps, plus tried the settings you have outlined above and other combinations (including no view permissions at all for anyone) and it still shows the flag to all usergroups.

:( I've had to disable for now until I figure out why its not working. 

Thanks again for trying.

Provide ACP access via PM so I can take a look.

• 1 month later...

For some reason since I upgraded my PHP to 7.2 and IPS to 4.2.7, this plugin seems to block registrations.

If you fill out the registration form, and submit it, the user is greeted with an EX0 error. In the ACP the log is as follows:

The log entry was triggered by a guest
Guests
The URL of page the error occurred on was https://SITE.TLD/register/

ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register::_createMember(), 1 passed in /home/SITE/public_html/init.php(449) : eval()'d code on line 9 and exactly 2 expected (0)
#0 /home/SITE/public_html/init.php(449) : eval()'d code(9): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register::_createMember(Array)
#1 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/system/register.php(209): IPS\core\modules\front\system\hook1761::_createMember(Array, NULL)
#2 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/system/register.php(139): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register->_registrationForm()
#3 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register->IPS\core\modules\front\system\{closure}(Array)
#4 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Helpers/Wizard/Wizard.php(177): call_user_func(Object(Closure), Array)
#5 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/system/register.php(146): IPS\Helpers\_Wizard->__toString()
#6 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register->manage()
#7 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /home/SITE/public_html/index.php(12): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

Edit: 

No longer an issue. Moral of the story: Always update. I updated to 1.1.0.1 of your hook and it works again perfectly. Whoops.

Edited by Tripp★