Member Notes

@Adriano Faria One suggestion. To show in the user's mini profile next to each post the shortcut for us to add notes. Currently, to add a new note to a user from within a topic, we have to click on the user's name to open his profile, and then click on the "Notes" tab. Currently this shortcut is only displayed when the user already has a note. It would be very convenient to have this shortcut always there, even if the user doesn't have any note.

1 minute ago, Gabriel Torres said:

@Adriano Faria One suggestion. To show in the user's mini profile next to each post the shortcut for us to add notes. Currently, to add a new note to a user from within a topic, we have to click on the user's name to open his profile, and then click on the "Notes" tab. Currently this shortcut is only displayed when the user already has a note. It would be very convenient to have this shortcut always there, even if the user doesn't have any note.

It has:

565706cbc27fc_Screenshot9.png.5e55230c80

Isn't it showing?

12 hours ago, Gabriel Torres said:

7 hours ago, Gabriel Torres said:

@Adriano Faria It only shows when the user already has a note, like the example you posted above. If the user has 0 notes, this doesn't show. See that this is happening on your own screenshot.

What's New in Version 2.1.0.2:

• Display number of notes in posts, even if the user has no note (linked to the Notes profile tab) + a button to add a note

Screenshot_9.png

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 5 months later...

You can view and delete notes from the CP.

An Excellent addition would be to Add note from CP.

I LOVE this plugin and have used it since 3.x.  When I am managing accounts in the CP, would be so wonderful to be able to add a note there.

Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi

I'd like to uninstall this app, but I get an error

IPS\Db\Exception: Can't DROP 'member_notes'; check that column/key exists (1091)
#0 /var/www/html/r243526/system/Db/Db.php(1921): IPS\_Db->query('ALTER TABLE `ib...')
#1 /var/www/html/r243526/applications/membernotes/extensions/core/Uninstall/memberNotes.php(45): IPS\_Db->dropColumn('core_members', Array)
#2 /var/www/html/r243526/system/Application/Application.php(4156): IPS\membernotes\extensions\core\Uninstall\_memberNotes->postUninstall('membernotes')
#3 /var/www/html/r243526/applications/core/modules/admin/applications/applications.php(1150): IPS\_Application->delete()
#4 /var/www/html/r243526/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_applications->delete()
#5 /var/www/html/r243526/system/Node/Controller.php(62): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /var/www/html/r243526/applications/core/modules/admin/applications/applications.php(38): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#7 /var/www/html/r243526/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_applications->execute()
#8 /var/www/html/r243526/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

Are you able to assist please?

Many thanks

Bill

#1 /var/www/html/r243526/applications/membernotes/extensions/core/Uninstall/memberNotes.php(45): IPS\_Db->dropColumn('core_members', Array)

This doesn't even has an UNINSTALL extension. It should've had before, but not currently and this is a issue: when you remove a extension via Dev Center, it doesn't remove the file itself.

Do you have FTP access? If so, remove the file applications/membernotes/extensions/core/Uninstall/memberNotes.php and then try to uninstall it.

Edited by Adriano Faria
3 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

This doesn't even has an UNINSTALL extension. It should've had before, but not currently and this is a issue: when you remove a extension via Dev Center, it doesn't remove the file itself.

Do you have FTP access? If so, remove the file applications/membernotes/extensions/core/Uninstall/memberNotes.php and then try to uninstall it.

Unfortunately not, I am a CiC customer and Tech Support won't help, but have directed me to you.

1 minute ago, Bill Edwards said:

but have directed me to you

As expected, but I'm not a magician: without FTP, there's no way. ?

Anyway, you will have to wait for IPS 4.3.4. @Daniel F said a new feature that will avoid this issue (stop using an extension and framework still calling it due to the file is still present). I'll update the file when 4.3.4 is out.

• 3 months later...
On 6/2/2018 at 10:29 AM, Bill Edwards said:

Unfortunately not, I am a CiC customer and Tech Support won't help, but have directed me to you.

On 6/2/2018 at 10:32 AM, Adriano Faria said:

As expected, but I'm not a magician: without FTP, there's no way. ?

Anyway, you will have to wait for IPS 4.3.4. @Daniel F said a new feature that will avoid this issue (stop using an extension and framework still calling it due to the file is still present). I'll update the file when 4.3.4 is out.

@Bill Edwards, do you still wants to uninstall it? Sorry, I forgot this.

• 3 months later...

In the "user post bit" on the left side of the forum posts (=the space displaying the avatar, reputation and posts), it's added

"add note" + icon

to it.

I have a lot of entries that are shown there, f.e. custom profile fields, iAwards, points aso.

REQUEST:

Either ->

• Please let us sort, on what position the "add note +" entry is displayed (currently it sticks below my iAwards and this is quite ugly, but I'd prefer to see it below the "user posts" count)
    OR
  • Please give us an option to remove it completely in the user post bit (if nothing else is possible, its better not to see it there, moderators can still view notes in the member profiles, ModCP and receive notifications)
  • 1 month later...

I've noticed a bug in this application. 

If a member that wrote a note gets deleted, then you will get an "OutOfBounds" exception when trying to view any members notes that that deleted member has left a note on. 

This can be resolved by changing the member_group_id parser in /applications/membernotes/extensions/core/Profile/memberNotes.php under the render() function to the following:

'member_group_id' => function( $val, $row )
{
    // This will fail if the member was deleted.
    // return \IPS\Member\Group::load( $row['member_group_id'] )->formattedName;

// Instead, load the member and look at it's group.
    // When you do this, the member will default to "Guest" if they
    // do not exists, and you will get the Guest group.
	$member = \IPS\Member::load( $row['note_by'] );
	return \IPS\Member\Group::load( $member->member_group_id )->formattedName;
},

What's New in Version 2.1.2:

• Fix exception when viewing notes on ACP and member profile if a note were given by a currentlly deleted member

Compatible with IPS 4.4 and IPS 4.3.

@MrFisc, btw you don't show a purchaser for this file. May I know how you're using?

If you're speaking in someone else's behalf (like someone who bought it here), please send a PM with the purchaser.

• 1 month later...

@Adriano Faria It seems that in 4.4.2 with the lastest version of this application that images don't show in the member notes; I think I've seen this error with another application (An FAQ application) and it turned out to be caused by Lazy Load (Which I have enabled), as pointed out by @Daniel F. Please can you check this? Thanks in advance!

Edited by Tripp★