Member Notes

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

@Adriano Faria: After testing this upgrade, enabling the application with 2.2.0 installed on 4.5 results in a template error in the ACP:

[[Template core/admin/global/appmenu is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Disabling the application makes it go away.

It also shows the following in the support tool as issues with the database. Shouldn't these no longer be in core_members?

There are some problems with your database. Normally it is safe to try to fix these problems automatically however if your community is large, you may want to run the necessary queries manually. If so, the queries to run are:

ALTER TABLE `core_members` ADD COLUMN `tm_member_tracked` TINYINT NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 

ALTER TABLE `core_members` ADD COLUMN `tm_member_tracked_deadline` INT NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 

ALTER TABLE `core_members` ADD COLUMN `tm_member_tracked_log_entries` INT NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 

ALTER TABLE `core_members` ADD COLUMN `tm_member_tracked_actions` TEXT CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NULL 

No data from the previous version is available on the front end. I think this may be an issue with the update routine?

We'll be trying a fresh upgrade soon in our testing environment, yet something looks amiss.

Hi @Paul E., is this a test install of 4.5.X? If so, did you simply make a copy of the main site files to the test site and upgraded to 4.5? You seem to have previous versions of each app (Member Notes e Track Members). See:

Error #1: that will happen if you run Member Notes from IPS 4.4 on IPS 4.5 due to a new parameter IPS added to a template. You will see this happening in the second video below. From the moment I install newest Members Notes, the error goes away.

Error #2: releated to Track Members and again you seem to have outdated files as TM for IPS 4.5 creates its own table and drop columns from core_members table.

FRESH NSTALL:

UPGRADE FROM THE PREVIOUS VERSION:

I can't reproduce none of the errors you reported.

It still found members notes column on core_members and I'll release a new version to drop it definitively, but none of the errors your reproted is on my video.

If you're sure that everything is right in your board, send a PM and I'll take a look on Monday morning. 👍

On 9/3/2020 at 1:40 PM, Bill Edwards said:

I've been using this for ages and am very pleased with it. I've upgraded to 4.5 and upgraded Member Notes. I used to be able to attach an image to a note, but now I don't see that option, only to add via a URL. Am I missing something?

I just submitted a new version to restore the use of attachments in Notes. New version is pending approval.

In order to upload the new version of this application i need to remove first the old one,

I'm not able to deleted it, i receive this error.

IPS\Db\Exception: Can't DROP 'member_notes'; check that column/key exists (1091)
#0 /home/drugbuye/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(2127): IPS\_Db->query('ALTER TABLE `ip...')
#1 /home/drugbuye/public_html/applications/membernotes/extensions/core/Uninstall/memberNotes.php(45): IPS\_Db->dropColumn('core_members', Array)
#2 /home/drugbuye/public_html/system/Application/Application.php(5085): IPS\membernotes\extensions\core\Uninstall\_memberNotes->postUninstall('membernotes')
#3 /home/drugbuye/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/applications/applications.php(1318): IPS\_Application->delete()
#4 /home/drugbuye/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_applications->delete()
#5 /home/drugbuye/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(62): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/drugbuye/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/applications/applications.php(48): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/drugbuye/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_applications->execute()
#8 /home/drugbuye/public_html/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

The old application is not working anymore i need to uninstall , i can not even upgrade, but can not uninstall because of the error

IPS\Db\Exception: Can't DROP 'member_notes'; check that column/key exists (1091)
#0 /home/drugbuye/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(2127): IPS\_Db->query('ALTER TABLE `ip...')
#1 /home/drugbuye/public_html/applications/membernotes/extensions/core/Uninstall/memberNotes.php(45): IPS\_Db->dropColumn('core_members', Array)
#2 /home/drugbuye/public_html/system/Application/Application.php(5085): IPS\membernotes\extensions\core\Uninstall\_memberNotes->postUninstall('membernotes')
#3 /home/drugbuye/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/applications/applications.php(1318): IPS\_Application->delete()
#4 /home/drugbuye/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_applications->delete()
#5 /home/drugbuye/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(62): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/drugbuye/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/applications/applications.php(48): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/drugbuye/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_applications->execute()
#8 /home/drugbuye/public_html/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

Edited by DonJoseph

Member Notes adds the number of Notes in the postCointainer;

753608554_Screenshot9.png.33dbf710fe9fe1

I can tell you what do add tgere but that won’t be done by me. You will have to ask support for the dev of your custom plugin. 

Just now, James101 said:

Update - I use this plugin - https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/8551-enhanced-user-info-panel/

It shows up if I disable it. Any way to show Notes when the above plugin is enabled?

I just replied.