Advanced Tags & Prefixes - IPS 4.x

On 24/8/2016 at 9:31 AM, Xelphos said:

So I apparently have database errors, I assume this is because I updated to 4.1.14 which made changes to certain things with addons/plugins.

I don't know exactly what the errors are, but this is what the support option in the ACP gives me:

I upgraded fron 4.1.13.2 to 4.1.14.2 and I have the same DB errors.

Everything seems to work properly.

23 hours ago, JiigSaaw said:

I can't test it, it's just a pre-sale question, to be sure before buying your great app ;)

Got it. Yes, that should work as expected.

16 hours ago, Xelphos said:

As far as I can tell, the forum itself is not having issues. It is only in the support tool.

6 hours ago, zelgadis said:

I upgraded fron 4.1.13.2 to 4.1.14.2 and I have the same DB errors.

Everything seems to work properly.

Understood, thanks. I'll look into it for the next update, but otherwise, unless you see something break, you can disregard the "DB errors" the support tool reports. The support tool is known (notorious) for misinterpreting the database schema, writing it one way and then reading it as something different, when it's actually the same. Evidently they changed something about it in 4.1.14, and this was a side effect.

• 2 weeks later...

The Support Tool is complaining about the database structure. The support team solved the issue for me, and I am attaching the file to this post. The explanation is as follows:

The first issue is that the Advanced Tags and Prefixes application has some incorrectly formatted queries, which causes the database checker to tell you to re-run the queries every time it runs. You will need to contact the modification author about this issue and let them know that a "length" attribute needs to be defined for the columns in their install queries.json: topic_prefix, show_prefix_in_desc, require_prefix. You can also send them the file applications/advancedtagsprefixes/setup/install/queries.json from your server, which I have already patched to resolve this issue and confirm the problem is not with the database checker code.

queries.json

Hi, Ryan. I'm not sure if I misread what this tool does or I'm doing it wrong, but there's a prefix that I want to remove. Let's say it's called "[beta]". I added that prefix into the text field and ran "Yes. Let's do it." but the prefix wasn't removed. The text field below is where I added the prefix.

ga5oKKU.jpg

pllAlSV.jpg

Did I do it correctly or am I missing something?

3 hours ago, GrooveOnBeat said:

Hi, Ryan. I'm not sure if I misread what this tool does or I'm doing it wrong, but there's a prefix that I want to remove. Let's say it's called "[beta]". I added that prefix into the text field and ran "Yes. Let's do it." but the prefix wasn't removed. The text field below is where I added the prefix.

ga5oKKU.jpg

pllAlSV.jpg

Did I do it correctly or am I missing something?

Are you trying to remove an actual prefix, or "[beta] ..." text at the beginning of topic titles? That tool removes text from topic titles. If you want to remove an actual prefix, look at the tag manager.

2 hours ago, Ryan H. said:

Are you trying to remove an actual prefix, or "[beta] ..." text at the beginning of topic titles? That tool removes text from topic titles. If you want to remove an actual prefix, look at the tag manager.

Yes, I wanted to remove some of the actual prefixes in bulk. The Manage Tags will do. Thanks!

When I upgrade to v4.1.14.3, support tool tells me this:

ALTER TABLE `forums_forums` CHANGE COLUMN `require_prefix` `require_prefix` TINYINT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT 'AT&P: Require a prefix'
ALTER TABLE `forums_forums` CHANGE COLUMN `show_prefix_in_desc` `show_prefix_in_desc` TINYINT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT 'AT&P: Show prefixes on index'
ALTER TABLE `forums_topic_mmod` CHANGE COLUMN `topic_prefix` `topic_prefix` INT NULL DEFAULT -1 COMMENT 'AT&P: Topic prefix'
39 minutes ago, Joel R said:

When I upgrade to v4.1.14.3, support tool tells me this:

ALTER TABLE `forums_forums` CHANGE COLUMN `require_prefix` `require_prefix` TINYINT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT 'AT&P: Require a prefix'

ALTER TABLE `forums_forums` CHANGE COLUMN `show_prefix_in_desc` `show_prefix_in_desc` TINYINT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT 'AT&P: Show prefixes on index'

ALTER TABLE `forums_topic_mmod` CHANGE COLUMN `topic_prefix` `topic_prefix` INT NULL DEFAULT -1 COMMENT 'AT&P: Topic prefix'

Already explained above how to solve this: 

2 hours ago, djpretzel said:

Shouldn't the actual install queries be modified as per IPS's request? Will the plugin be updated to match, or will we always have to run this queries.json file? @Ryan H.?

I'll include it in the next update. I don't intend to release a new version for one file for something that isn't broken except for when you try to run the support diagnostic. If it bothers you, the file as Gabriel/IPS so helpfully provided will fix it.

7 hours ago, ekforum said:

I have noticed that in the side block of recent posts there is no space after the tag and before the text. This looks dreadful, as literally the text is touching the edge of the tag.

Is it possible to make a space after the tag? I believe it used to be like this in an old version, but somehow changed.

This has been already pointed out to the developer: 

See the posts after this one for the developer's answer and a possible solution.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2016 at 5:12 AM, Unlucky said:

Hi

google is reporting the following error message below and every 185 of the urls are connected to the tags such as...

/tags/downloads/

/tags/gallery/

/tags/forums/

uk/search/?tags=car+red&sortby=newest&page=1

The google message is:

Googlebot identified a significant increase in the number of URLs on http://www.net/ that should return a 404 (not found) error, but currently don't. This can cause a bad experience for your users, who might have been looking for a specific page, but end up elsewhere on your website. This misconfiguration can also prevent Google from showing the correct page in search results.

How do we fix this?

I have the same issue with Google and tags, how did you fix this?

I found it, its under the system app and search permissions for guests. I realized this after seeing that the tags pages were search results. google sees these are 404s if you don't enable this. Its good for internal linking. I don't really like guests searching but in this case, I need the SEO. I decided to use flood control for guests and set it for 25 sec. I changed the language settings for the error page they get when they have to wait to:

Please wait {# [1:second][?:seconds]} before attempting another search. Avoid waiting the extra time by logging in or registering as a member of our community.

I figure maybe that'll prompt registrations. :p

Edited by ajmboy
Changed to 25 Sec
1 hour ago, ajmboy said:

I found it, its under the system app and search permissions for guests. I realized this after seeing that the tags pages were search results. google sees these are 404s if you don't enable this. Its good for internal linking. I don't really like guests searching but in this case, I need the SEO. I decided to use flood control for guests and set it for 25 sec.

Good call. Thanks for sharing!

Hi Ryan H.,

Is this error causede by the app?;

There are some problems with your database. Normally it is safe to try to fix these problems automatically however if your community is large, you may want to run the necessary queries manually. If so, the queries to run are:

23 minutes ago, Pedro Ibáñez said:

Hi Ryan H.,

Is this error causede by the app?;

There are some problems with your database. Normally it is safe to try to fix these problems automatically however if your community is large, you may want to run the necessary queries manually. If so, the queries to run are:

1 hour ago, Pedro Ibáñez said:

Sorry I don't know hot to do that...

If you're not comfortable applying the fix, you can just wait until the next release. It'll be fixed then. In the mean time, ignore those three errors. Nothing is actually wrong with your site, and nothing is broken because of them. The only problem is with the support tool database checker seeing things as incorrect when they aren't.

• 2 weeks later...