Advanced Tags & Prefixes - IPS 4.x

2 hours ago, Ryan H. said:

No fix available yet.

I'll look at the post-delete/edit redirect, but that's not a bug.

Thanks! The bulk editor would be greatly improved if your position on the page is kept post-action. Hopefully this is both possible and not too difficult to achieve.

For the previous issue I got help with here, IPS says the file used to fix it is several versions behind and if it is an IPS system file they cannot upload it. They need to know if the file is specifically for this app and where it needs to be uploaded to.
They have said this despite the post where the file is attached also containing a quote from IPS support.

I just wanted to keep you up to date on that issue in case new customers complain to you. It seems like IPS support has their wires crossed or are just deciding to not use their previous history with this issue as a means to helping now (and I assume in the future).

Hi,

We are getting this error when running the support tool

Find a solution

There are some problems with your database. Normally it is safe to try to fix these problems automatically however if your community is large, you may want to run the necessary queries manually. If so, the queries to run are:
ALTER TABLE `forums_forums` CHANGE COLUMN `require_prefix` `require_prefix` TINYINT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT 'AT&P: Require a prefix'
ALTER TABLE `forums_forums` CHANGE COLUMN `show_prefix_in_desc` `show_prefix_in_desc` TINYINT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT 'AT&P: Show prefixes on index'
ALTER TABLE `forums_topic_mmod` CHANGE COLUMN `topic_prefix` `topic_prefix` INT NULL DEFAULT -1 COMMENT 'AT&P: Topic prefix'

What's New in Version 3.1.8

• Added memory of table parameters during tag management.
  • Fixed possible blank prefix on topic for mobile devices.
  • Fixed schema errors on support tool.
  • Fixed mishandling of URL encoding (spaces, etc.) in admin tools.
  • Fixed formatting of undefined prefixes.
  • Potential fix of MySQL 5.7 compatibility issue on tag reindex.

Known issues:

Conflict with IP.Pages saving of database settings is still unresolved. Cannot provide any estimate of if or when it will be resolved.

Tried new version 3.1.8. Attempt to rebuild the cache leads to this:

SELECT `tag_aai_lookup`, `tag_meta_app`, `tag_meta_area`, `tag_meta_id`, `tag_id` FROM `core_tags` GROUP BY `tag_meta_id` ORDER BY `tag_id` ASC LIMIT 0,100
IPS\Db\Exception: Expression #1 of SELECT list is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column 'support.core_tags.tag_aai_lookup' which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by (1055)
#0 /home/support/public/system/Db/Select.php(346): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\advancedt...', Array)
#1 /home/support/public/system/Db/Select.php(408): IPS\Db\_Select->runQuery()
#2 /home/support/public/applications/advancedtagsprefixes/modules/admin/manage/tools.php(277): IPS\Db\_Select->rewind()
#3 [internal function]: IPS\advancedtagsprefixes\modules\admin\manage\_tools->rebuild()
#4 /home/support/public/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): call_user_func(Array)
#5 /home/support/public/applications/advancedtagsprefixes/modules/admin/manage/tools.php(26): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/support/public/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\advancedtagsprefixes\modules\admin\manage\_tools->execute()
#7 /home/support/public/3uskbvr1xqi24czhwy51/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

On 17/12/2016 at 4:56 PM, Ryan H. said:

What's New in Version 3.1.8

• Added memory of table parameters during tag management.
  • Fixed possible blank prefix on topic for mobile devices.
  • Fixed schema errors on support tool.
  • Fixed mishandling of URL encoding (spaces, etc.) in admin tools.
  • Fixed formatting of undefined prefixes.
  • Potential fix of MySQL 5.7 compatibility issue on tag reindex.

Known issues:

Conflict with IP.Pages saving of database settings is still unresolved. Cannot provide any estimate of if or when it will be resolved.

Thank you! Now I can delete tags with special characters and maintain my position beyond page 1 of the tag list. Also, the issue with the Support Tool has gone. :D

Feature suggestion: 

• Export list of tags in XML / TXT format -- I have 71 pages of tags and growing, and eventually I need to be able to clean up some of these tags.  Being able to export to an XML and then cutting / filtering the tags in Microsoft Excel so I can provide a master plan for all of the tags would be a huge benefit.  
On 12/17/2016 at 10:36 PM, Ryan H. said:

... mysql 5.7 (or your configuration thereof) sucks.

Guess that serves me right for trying to fix an issue I can't actually test.

Defaults have changed to enforce a more strict adherence to the SQL specifications. In any case, we moved to MariaDB and the issues disappeared. You may still want to look into the 5.7 issues though and set up a VM. Because it is the default MySQL server shipped by various large server distributions. Ubuntu LTS being one of them.

On 12/29/2016 at 7:00 AM, Unlucky said:

Does your latest update include the fix that file does?

Yes.

On 12/29/2016 at 0:17 PM, Emsi said:

Defaults have changed to enforce a more strict adherence to the SQL specifications. In any case, we moved to MariaDB and the issues disappeared. You may still want to look into the 5.7 issues though and set up a VM. Because it is the default MySQL server shipped by various large server distributions. Ubuntu LTS being one of them.

Thanks, I will look into that further down the line. I shouldn't have been so dismissive.

On 12/31/2016 at 5:39 PM, GrooveOnBeat said:

When I edit a prefix it removes the prefix from the thread.

Is there a way to edit the prefixes and keep them associated with the threads? It will be impractical to have to go through all of the threads that supposed to have prefixes and re-add them in.

What do you mean by edit a prefix? ACP > Manage Prefixes, and change the title? That won't update any corresponding tags/prefixes actually assigned to content. If that's so, you can change those tags/prefixes in the Manage Tags section.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 5:22 AM, Ryan H. said:

What do you mean by edit a prefix? ACP > Manage Prefixes, and change the title? That won't update any corresponding tags/prefixes actually assigned to content. If that's so, you can change those tags/prefixes in the Manage Tags section.

I changed one of the prefixes in Manage Tags, but that too did not update the prefix in the thread titles or forum settings.

I'm not sure if it's difficult to do but it would be great if when a prefix is edited that all instances of that prefix in titles and in forum settings are updated too? :p

1 hour ago, icedream said:

Hi, Mass-Add Tags or Prefixes Tool only works for the first 5 topics.

Running five at a time? What filters/actions are you applying?

4 hours ago, GrooveOnBeat said:

I changed one of the prefixes in Manage Tags, but that too did not update the prefix in the thread titles or forum settings.

I'm not sure if it's difficult to do but it would be great if when a prefix is edited that all instances of that prefix in titles and in forum settings are updated too? :p

I'll consider it.