Advanced Tags & Prefixes - IPS 4.x

14 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

OK, I was on 3.1.4 of Advanced tags, and recaching fails with that version. Was not until I came here that I saw 3.1.6 version available. Uploaded 3.1.6, recached (it worked) and got my tags back. But still no two word prefixes. The green prefixes below said "For Sale" before update to 4.1.13.1

prefix.JPG

Others have reported the same. I'll be looking into it.

4 minutes ago, Ziggs said:

Sorry -- The truncated prefixes.  Prefixes with more than one word, even if separated with a hyphen (I tried this to work around it), come out with only the first word shown.

I'm aware, actually looking into it right now. Still trying to figure out what they actually changed on me to cause this.

e: found it. They added a bunch of ipsContained classes and table layout styles that are screwing up the work breaks.

Edited by Ryan H.

I've published an update to resolve all of the compatibility problems I'm aware of. If you have a problem, please update. If that doesn't fix it, explain what's going on.

I do not have Pages, and I have not gotten any confirmation of whether the Pages conflict is still occurring, so that issue may still be out there. If so, I'll need access to someone's site to investigate. Last I hear, though, it may be a non-issue now.

What's New in Version 3.1.7

• Fixed tag overriding prefix when the same value is added as both.
  • Fixed style changes in IPS 4.1.13 breaking multi-word prefixes.
  • Fixed template changes in IPS 4.1.13 breaking display of prefixes on site index.
  • Fixed potential errors with applying prefixes from saved actions.
  • Fixed tag/prefix changes from saved actions not updating the search index (profile, activity stream, search results).
  • Fixed possible division-by-zero error on the tag cloud widget.
  • Added prefix to core topic widgets.

A few issues I could not reproduce:

• Prefix not showing on grid view (works for me)
  • Prefix input not displaying when creating a topic, with forum in prefix-only mode. (works for me)
  • Homepage topic feed widget -> topic titles not linking when a prefix is present. (This must have been something custom; AT&P didn't add any such thing until, well now.)

Fair warning: Most of the app will probably still work back to 4.0.0, but I will not guarantee backwards compatibility across the board anymore. It's just not worth the trouble with how frequently (and massively) things change from one release to the next. If you're running an old IPB version and you have an issue with an AT&P update, I'm going to tell you to update.

2 hours ago, Jujuwar said:

@Ryan H. is there always a renewal fee for this app? Seems not when viewing the market, but now it says me to renewal the app to download it (probably because at first there was a renewal fee?)

There was when you bought it. Removed it a while later, that change isn't retroactive though. I generated a new purchase for you.

2 hours ago, Ryan H. said:

There was when you bought it. Removed it a while later, that change isn't retroactive though. I generated a new purchase for you.

I´m affected by the same issue. Can you generate a new purchase or my account as well?

8 hours ago, Gabriel Torres said:

Hi. After upgrading to 3.1.7, there is a space missing between the prefix and the topic title in the "topic feed" block on our sidebar. This is very minor, but with the previous version this didn't happen. See screenshot. Thank you in advance.

adv-prefixes-sidebar.png

Ach. Must be a side-effect of the text wrapping issue I fixed. I'll have to see if there's an alternate class/approach I can use to fix that, or something I can coopt to add a little margin back in. I'm trying really hard to avoid any actual custom styles.

5 hours ago, NoGi said:

@Ryan H. Sidebar feed still not linking to topic for me 

I don't know what is adding that prefix for you on the sidebar, but it's not my app. AT&P never had that functionality until this last release. Look at your plugins or theme customizations and disable whatever is responsible.

10 hours ago, Ryan H. said:

I don't know what is adding that prefix for you on the sidebar, but it's not my app. AT&P never had that functionality until this last release. Look at your plugins or theme customizations and disable whatever is responsible.

I found the issue, it was the Advanced Feed plug-in that was removing the link.

1 hour ago, RDxZen said:

Did you fix the issue that messing up the Page's databases?

I don't know. Nobody has answered my questions about whether it's still an ongoing issue. As far as I know, IPS 4.1.13 fixed it. I haven't heard otherwise.

1 hour ago, Ryan H. said:

I don't know. Nobody has answered my questions about whether it's still an ongoing issue. As far as I know, IPS 4.1.13 fixed it. I haven't heard otherwise.

Sorry about that.

I haven't updated my IPS yet so I cannot say one way or another. Hopefully someone else who had the problem can touch light on it. I'd like to know too.

@Ryan H.

Have an issue where in pages with Advanced Tags & Prefixes enabled you cannot save a setting under the Options tab called "Edit own records indefinitely".

If you save after toggling this switch in a database settings, when you go back its back at the previous setting. I just had Tier 2 support confirm it as an issue with this application.

To reproduce: I go to Page / databases / edit a database - Options tab / toggle the setting and save. Going back it has reverted.

Let me know if you need any more info on this.

5 hours ago, Mark Streeton said:

@Ryan H.

Have an issue where in pages with Advanced Tags & Prefixes enabled you cannot save a setting under the Options tab called "Edit own records indefinitely".

If you save after toggling this switch in a database settings, when you go back its back at the previous setting. I just had Tier 2 support confirm it as an issue with this application.

To reproduce: I go to Page / databases / edit a database - Options tab / toggle the setting and save. Going back it has reverted.

Let me know if you need any more info on this.

Are you CIC or self-hosted? If self-hosted, are you running the latest version of IPS (4.1.13) and AT&P (3.1.7)? If so, can I get access (Admin and FTP) to check it out? PM http://privnote.com/