Auto Welcome Support

On 2/8/2023 at 7:54 PM, iacas said:

It was the delayed task. I changed it to the immediate one. I might just leave it set that way.

I'll let you know when the next user registers.

I've left mine on the immediate and it's seemed to work. The delayed wasn't working for me either, which prompted that change.

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

I've left mine on the immediate and it's seemed to work. The delayed wasn't working for me either, which prompted that change.

Yes, but really you don’t want to overload new member with all the information etc, let them go through and after few hrs ask to interact again by sending auto welcome with steps to finish etc. Hope new update will be ready soon

2 minutes ago, Edjazoli said:

Yes, but really you don’t want to overload new member with all the information etc, let them go through and after few hrs ask to interact again by sending auto welcome with steps to finish etc. Hope new update will be ready soon

I was simply adding to the voices that are confirming that the delayed task doesn't seem to work but the immediate one does.

Edited by iacas

@Clover13 just checked now and if you will uncheck  “send immediately “then you will be able to do another setups with validation and groups,then save and back to “send….” they will stay as it is…. I think there is a slightly wrong design of it but yes, this is how it’s works atm. 
For me the biggest bug are delayed notifications 

Going to send pm to the dev….

Edited by Edjazoli
1 minute ago, Edjazoli said:

@Clover13 just checked now and if you will uncheck  “send immediately “then you will be able to do another setups with validation and groups,then save and back to “send….” they will stay as it is…. I think there is a slightly wrong design of it but yes, this is how it’s works atm. 
For me the biggest bug are delayed notifications 

I tried that and have yet to get a notification (reply in the existing topic).

I just tried a configuration that creates a new topic but get the following error:

TypeError: array_pop(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, int given (0)
#0 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/applications/autowelcome/modules/admin/settings/settings.php(158): array_pop()
#1 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\autowelcome\modules\admin\settings\_settings->manage()
#2 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/applications/autowelcome/modules/admin/settings/settings.php(30): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#3 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\autowelcome\modules\admin\settings\_settings->execute()
#4 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#5 {main}

1 minute ago, Edjazoli said:

Gtg, but will check my forum later , you are welcome to visit and we can chat privately…

Thanks!  I'll keep tinkering around and try to figure out what is going on. The setup seems pretty straightforward, it just isn't working, unless I'm overlooking something somewhere.

6 minutes ago, Edjazoli said:

While not having constant traffic you should go for cron on server but we are going away from support topic. Happy to help but not here as it is a “support topic” for auto welcome. 

Just wanted to add that the sites do have nearly constant traffic, just not what I'd consider high traffic.  So other tasks are running fine and as they should.  The Auto Welcome task just never seems to run on its own (despite other tasks running in that same time frame).