How to Change Aplication tab name?

Ricw

IPB3:

Applications & Modules  >  Manage Applications & Modules

Click the pencil icon beside the application you wish to rename.

Modify the Application Public Title to your liking and save.

IPB4:

No idea. RC is out now I'm running out of excuses as to why I haven't installed it yet.

For IPS4 (as I see Kirito was typing a reply for 3x as I was composing my 4x reply) :) Go to ACP > Customization > Languages > Click the 'globe' type icon on the right hand side (its got a 'translate' tooltip on it if you hover over it)

On the next page you'll see the app titles listed first, for easy changes. Simply type what you want and click the save button that appears under the box.

Quick pic:

rename_apps.thumb.png.ce3090bba3e5eaff2e

For IPS4 (as I see Kirito was typing a reply for 3x as I was composing my 4x reply) :) Go to ACP > Customization > Languages > Click the 'globe' type icon on the right hand side (its got a 'translate' tooltip on it if you hover over it)

On the next page you'll see the app titles listed first, for easy changes. Simply type what you want and click the save button that appears under the box.

Quick pic:

​If I remember right, in 3.xx, we had to make a copy because the default language pack could not be changed.  Does this need to be done in 4.0?  I see we have the ability to make a copy.  

Is that you commentating the video Charles? I have no idea what I thought you sounded like before now, but you sound like a cool every day guy (if that is you). I guess that's a compliment. I'm not really sure.

Either way, I'd love to see some dev screencasts like that!

• Management

<snip> I guess that's a compliment. I'm not really sure.

Either way, I'd love to see some dev screencasts like that!

​You don't even know how much internal amusement you bring to IPS. Remember that time you taught Rhett what RAID is?

:)

Wahaha, I see you're still not letting Rhett forget that. :P

Really though, I've become completely spoiled by services like Laracasts over the last year, if you can get that cool everyday guy to start producing some screencasts on IPB development that would be genuinely awesome.

Quick pic:

Quick pic:

​Well Andy, I still like you answer but I am going to have to give best answer to Charles.

​Best answer.  Thank you, I am now using it.

Quick pic:

​Yep that's the way I gave in my tutorials

​Charles, I followed your video, and where you show changing the Marketplace tab to IPS Marketplace and then below the page title also  changed to IPS Marketplace.  In the video you mention it will automatically change because they are the same. 

In RC2, when changing the store tab to registration, the title page does not change to registration.  It remains as store.  Is this a bug?  I would think it should change the same as the Marketplace did in the video.

Thanks 

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I hate the revive this but what is the process of actually renaming the entire app? For instance, what if I want Forums to show as Community (www.domain.com/community instead of www.domain.com/forums) Also for clubs (www.domain.com/clans instead of www.domain.com/clubs)

On 03/06/2017 at 4:35 AM, iDeath said:

I hate the revive this but what is the process of actually renaming the entire app? For instance, what if I want Forums to show as Community (www.domain.com/community instead of www.domain.com/forums) Also for clubs (www.domain.com/clans instead of www.domain.com/clubs)

AdminCP -> System -> Advanced Configuration -> Friendly URLs

15 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

There's a bug reported some versions ago and still not fixed in 4.2: 

I think the underlying issue there was resolved. If you're experiencing an issue, please contact support so we can look into it.

Archived