Today I paid $ 200 to IPB

Mascarada

And I would love to have my tickets attended & properly answered my questions, instead to be ignored, having them transferred from departament to departament, and waiting for hours and hours to be replied.

I do hope someone of the staff will read this and solve it.

Thanks.

Hello.

I am sorry to hear of the delay. Without knowing the specifics of your concern (I'm not staff) I cannot really provide an immediate answer, however if its an advanced support question it may be needed to be elevated to a developer.

I'm sure a staff member will be along shortly to address your concerns.

Thank you for your patience. :smile:

Hello,

I'm sorry that you feel that you're being bounced around from department to department.

Please note that it's the weekend, and our official hours of operation are Monday - Friday: 9am - 6pm EST, as you can see at the bottom of our Contact page.

As stated on our Standards of Service page:

Our average response time is less than two hours but, depending on the nature of your request, it may take up to two business days for your issue to be addressed. Our technicians will work to keep you updated on your request's progress.

At this time there has been 3 hours since the last reply to your ticket, as we're waiting on a license related issue. Hopefully someone will be able to address your issue soon.

Thank you for your patience.

I'm afraid I lost all my patience, Andy.

And no, it's not a high technical issue.

But, what can I expect when I wanted to purchase some licenses, I sent a ticket to sales, and they took them 4 hours to answer? And when they answered and I replied, I needed to wait the same amount of time? And again, once more? And this simple question: "And then will we be able to host our forum elseplace without problem, exactly as we have it here?" was left unanswered?

And still, this morning, I purchased the licenses I wanted/needed, see how much silly I am. Then I noticed that in my purchases instead IP.Board, it displays IP.Blog and sent a ticket about (6 hours ago) to fix it. Of course, no reply, still.

And when in a support ticket I asked:

Still, my question is if now that I have purchased the needed licenses, if the board will be the same as it is here?

Forgive me but, as I said, I understand nothing. I just want to have my board hosted in a new webhosting.

My ticket was transferred to Account and Billing because the IP.Blog thing. No answer. Two and half hours.

You can't imagine how much frustrated I am, considering I had expected to have this solved and my board moved las night, and here it's already 6 P.M.

Patience? Yeah, i can't do another knowing that when they answer, and I reply, I'll get the answer when I am already at bed or so :(

Hi,

I have just sorted this out for you and have replied to your support request.

In reviewing your support requests that you filed yesterday and today, I see that we have responded multiple times always in under 5 hours. Given that these support requests were filed on a Saturday and Sunday respectively, I think this is good service and is well under our published support response times - especially as the issue is not a software issue but a case of accidentally purchasing the wrong thing which of course most of our staff are not able to reverse.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

See, please. Yesterday, Saturday, I wanted to purchase some licenses. It's a sale, mind. Firms, usually, want to sale. We could have done the transaction and have our board already migrated if only sales had answered in a properly time. Do we need to wait for X hours to be attended? Ok. But then, attend us completely without making wait again for a lot of hours, which happened every time we repleid this or that because we wanted to check and be sure of our future purchases, mind, $200 are no joke. As I stated they didn't reply to my question and still, we purchased them this morning (Europe time).

And once purchased, I supposse we should have some attention, say some priority if things doesn't go well or have questions. At the moment, I'm waiting for +6 hours to someone reply to these questions, and until they don't, we can't do anything, so our planned weekend to move the board and set it has gone to h*** because here is nigh 01.00 AM.

The questions were:

"IP.Board screen has only a button to download 3.3.4, and we wish 3.3.2., which is our board's version and we don't wish to upgrade. How to download that version?

IP.Suite. Huh? I see I can download the calendar, but, what of the suite? Do I need to fill that formular? With the current data of those of the new host? Because it can't be downloaded, only installed or transferred."

(And we don't know what are those buttons for, since it is not explained).

I'd like to point out that before this, I had already stated I wanted to download 3.3.2, yet, in the answer, no link was provided. Yes, they said that 3.3.4is better, ok, but, would it be so hard to add a "Still, if you wish download 3.3.2. it's available here" or "you need to do this and that"? It seems yes, it is.

As for the IP. Community Suite, there is no explanation of what to do (if someone purchased it, they know it's true), just the number of license and a form to be filled. Since not all the people are IPB gurus, it would be so nice to get a file, or a link, or an email, saying:

"Congratulations! You have purchased X" Now, if you go to the Purchases -> X you'll see bla bla bla."

If only yesterday they had replied quicker (not to mention today), the transactions and the rest would have been done the same day and we all would have been saved of issues and displeasure and dissatisfaction (on our side, of course).

And we can't still use our purchases just because they don't reply to our ticket. Nice, very nice. Do you expect me to be happy? To have paid $200 for this? No, I'm not.

Oh dear I can see you're going to be high maintenance.

If you're a new customer then you will only be able to download the current version. I can't think of one good reason to install 3.3.2 when 3.3.4 is out. The difference being bug fixes.

It's the weekend so relax. Yes you may need to wait a while. Get over it.

3DKiwi

See, please. Yesterday, Saturday, I wanted to purchase some licenses. It's a sale, mind. Firms, usually, want to sale. We could have done the transaction and have our board already migrated if only sales had answered in a properly time. Do we need to wait for X hours to be attended? Ok. But then, attend us completely without making wait again for a lot of hours, which happened every time we repleid this or that because we wanted to check and be sure of our future purchases, mind, $200 are no joke. As I stated they didn't reply to my question and still, we purchased them this morning (Europe time).

And once purchased, I supposse we should have some attention, say some priority if things doesn't go well or have questions. At the moment, I'm waiting for +6 hours to someone reply to these questions, and until they don't, we can't do anything, so our planned weekend to move the board and set it has gone to h*** because here is nigh 01.00 AM.

As was pointed out to you multiple times, support isn't 'promised' during weekends and some holidays. The fact that you got a response before you even made the topic is a bonus, not an expectation. Try getting support from many other companies during the weekend and you'll be met with a recording (if by phone) or an email or some other notice that all but says, "Tough luck, you gotta wait, no exceptions." So in a way, you're actually complaining because you ARE getting service when you shouldn't.

The questions were:

"IP.Board screen has only a button to download 3.3.4, and we wish 3.3.2., which is our board's version and we don't wish to upgrade. How to download that version?

IP.Suite. Huh? I see I can download the calendar, but, what of the suite? Do I need to fill that formular? With the current data of those of the new host? Because it can't be downloaded, only installed or transferred."

(And we don't know what are those buttons for, since it is not explained).

I'd like to point out that before this, I had already stated I wanted to download 3.3.2, yet, in the answer, no link was provided. Yes, they said that 3.3.4is better, ok, but, would it be so hard to add a "Still, if you wish download 3.3.2. it's available here" or "you need to do this and that"? It seems yes, it is.

Go to the client area, select the downloads/IP.Board area and instead of clicking 'Download', look under it and you'll see "Previous versions" and you can click there to get 3.3.2. I recommend using 3.3.4 though, unless there is some reason such as code customizations, which make it extremely difficult to upgrade. An upgrade from 3.3.2 to 3.3.4 would pretty much be bug fixes to make the software more reliable. It's not like upgrading from 2.x to 3.0 or 3.0 to 3.1, etc.

The "IP.Suite" is a new structure that IPS is switching to and in the future, it will be possible to buy any of the IPS apps without being required to have/run IP.Board.

Read these two blog entries for more information:
http://community.inv...and-the-future/
http://community.inv...e-changes-live/

As for the other buttons, for your situation and wants/needs, I wouldn't click either of them (install/transfer).

If only yesterday they had replied quicker (not to mention today), the transactions and the rest would have been done the same day and we all would have been saved of issues and displeasure and dissatisfaction (on our side, of course).

And we can't still use our purchases just because they don't reply to our ticket. Nice, very nice. Do you expect me to be happy? To have paid $200 for this? No, I'm not.

When it comes to ticket responses, the tickets are answered in order. After all, if Joe submits a ticket an hour before you but then takes an hour to reply back to IPS when IPS has responded, do you really want to wait until they get his reply and respond again before they open your ticket? I'm sure you wouldn't. As you can probably imagine, some people might take a day or two before replying back. It's not a case of where your ticket is the only one worked on until it's resolved, because what if it takes a few days of back-and-forth discussion before the everything is resolved to your satisfaction? Imagine you're the one waiting for your first reply and it takes 3 or 4 days to finish that one ticket that is just before yours. You'd have to wait 3 or 4 days just for the first response. That doesn't make sense and would cause a HUGE backlog of tickets, even if IPS only averaged 3 tickets a week, because after a few weeks, there would be enough tickets to keep them busy for a few months.

So no, you get a reply, they move onto the next ticket and when you reply, you're basically "at the back of the line" waiting your turn for another response. If you were to go to a place like DMV and had to go wait in multiple lines, they wouldn't let you 'go to the front' just because you waited in one line already. They call you, you get any information and forms to fill out and then you're directed to another line. Those ahead of you went through the same process. If someone decides to go get lunch before going to the other line, would you wait for them to return or would you get in line so you can get out of there? It's the same thing. They get to the tickets, usually much MUCH faster than the promised time (which is two business days, excluding weekends and some holidays).

If you're a new customer then you will only be able to download the current version.

Active clients can click the Previous versions link to get to a limited number of 'past versions' of a product.

I can't think of one good reason to install 3.3.2 when 3.3.4 is out.

They already have 332 installed and don't want to upgrade to 334. With the exception of code customizations, though, I agree, better to go with 3.3.4.

I have never before had an issue with waiting for a ticket response.

I am happy to wait as long as it takes to get professional, up to date advice, at times some of my tickets have been "a no brainer" after looking closely at it, and yet they have always been professional and respectful in regards to that.

Take a seat and wait in line just like everyone else does.

IPS thanks for your continued professional service!

• Management

I already said it. My post was deleted. Yours will be too and so will this one.

That's not what you said actually. Your post that we deleted, while amusing, probably wouldn't have helped ;)

To the original poster: as you can see from the many client testimonials posted in this topic IPS does indeed have very good support. We don't hide the fact that we have fewer staff on the weekends. This is stated on the site under standards of service too. As many have said, a couple hour response time when we are technically "closed" is pretty good. Particularly for customer services/sales which is staffed even less than support on weekends.

Just be patient and enjoy your weekend :) IPS has a good reputation for support and you will see that we will take care of you.

That's not what you said actually. Your post that we deleted, while amusing, probably wouldn't have helped ;)

Yeah, I know, but it was pretty similar. Mine was actually nicer with no censor bypassing. It was just that last sentence which I stuck in for the humor. Glad it got through I guess.

quit your b * tch ing

thats what everyone wants to say but for some reason isn;t.

There's a thing called 'tact' and there are ways of being blunt while remaining tactful about it.

So they want above & beyond service even during 'off' hours, who doesn't? It's just a matter of getting them to notice that they're getting service beyond what is promised in the SLA.

In some ways, IPS has spoiled clients with service/support that tends to "error" in favor of the client, so most clients tend to appreciate it and be tolerant during the few times that IPS isn't able to live up to that expectation. This isn't one of those times though, just appears someone is having an off day or misunderstood things and is now upset with the service despite it still being "above and beyond" the agreement.

FWIW it really isn't that clear anymore how to buy Ip.board. I tried it once with the new setup, thought I was all set but apparently you have to pick board up separately from the Suite. It's not very straightforward.

This ^

I took a look earlier and saw the "Community Suite". I expected to find a description against it when I clicked it, but low and behold no, just a price tag and a button the buy it. Then you have to select the appropriate addons, then associate them with the right license (and if it's new, it's just a blank license at the bottom of the list).

It is not user friendly, so it's no wonder the user got confused.

Useability is what I use IPB for, but the client area is giving a poor impression.

tact sucks, takes to many word to say too little :smile:

Tact is turning uncaring bluntness into something a bit more polite so that a tense situation can be soothed over some. Could be as little as saying, "Just be patient." and that's better than the more... 'color' approach. ;)

Sorry, seems you can download older versions as was described above. See even me a long time user didn't know that :smile:

Happens to all of us long time users/clients. Example of mine...

Many of your questions may have been more appropriate for the pre-sales board, which the community can help answer.

This isn't something you'll want to hear, but if you were hoping for a roll-out this weekend, you probably should have planned a little further ahead.

Archived