Customer Service Sucks!

R5 Turbo 2

I have purchased most of your products. I wanted help with migration and help in initial setup. I have called numerous times. I have been told you guys would e-mail me or call me back. We have e-mailed your support guys. To date no e-mail or call. I rather stay with VB then deal with poor customer service. How do I get a refund.

Theres no refunds. If you needed help then you can submit a ticket through the client center. They also have up to 48 hours to reply, they don't have to be there right when you email them, although they try.

Just saying that you've called and emailed tons doesn't mean anything... Was this over multiple days? Or just today...

• Management

I see you contacted us three times:

At no point did we ignore your requests and actually each time replied well within our quoted terms as part of our license. If you do not reply to our messages there is nothing we can do about that :)

1. Tue 01 Jun 2010 03:46:13 PM EDT and our staff replied on Tue 01 Jun 2010 04:12:17 PM EDT but you never replied back to us.
  2. Fri 04 Jun 2010 02:56:53 PM EDT and our staff replied on Fri 04 Jun 2010 03:16:44 PM EDT you replied back on Fri 04 Jun 2010 05:30:46 PM EDT and we once again replied Mon 07 Jun 2010 03:05:03 AM EDT but you never replied back to us.
  3. Thu 10 Jun 2010 04:31:55 PM EDT and our staff replied on Fri 11 Jun 2010 10:19:26 AM EDT (in fact this reply was by myself) but you never replied back to us.

As a vB convert, and as someone who has used IPS's support several times including twice during the weekends, I stand behind the IPS support team here 100%.

They have always been quick and helpful in all my tickets.

If you honestly believe that you will get better support over at vB then that is your choice, but as someone who has used both services I can honestly say that IPS beats vB hands down.

Good luck on your decision and I do hope you give the IPS team more of a chance.. they really care about you and your community. You're not just another 'number' to them.

Jamie

As a vB convert, and as someone who has used IPS's support several times including twice during the weekends, I stand behind the IPS support team here 100%.

They have always been quick and helpful in all my tickets.

VB convert here as well, and yep.

To be fair I've been told by a guy who uses VB a lot that their support is great. So everyone has different opinions. I;m sure for the most part both have good support. All I can speak of is IPS support though and the only thing I wish is that there were more people on the support team as some tickets take a long time to be answered. But I haven't submitted any in a while so it may be quicker now. Those response times Charles showed look quick to me.

I have purchased most of your products. I wanted help with migration and help in initial setup. I have called numerous times. I have been told you guys would e-mail me or call me back. We have e-mailed your support guys. To date no e-mail or call. I rather stay with VB then deal with poor customer service. How do I get a refund.

Check your spam/junk/trash/trying_to_avoid_IPS_emails_so_I_can_complain_about_them folders. I personally recommend using the ticket system, because while an email may get lost from time to time, a ticket can almost always be checked on easily.

You're not just another 'number' to them.

Thank you 141359 for those kind words about IPS.
(That's your member ID number on this board.. :lol: )

All I can speak of is IPS support though and the only thing I wish is that there were more people on the support team as some tickets take a long time to be answered. But I haven't submitted any in a while so it may be quicker now. Those response times Charles showed look quick to me.

So it's YOUR tickets that they play "hot potato" with! :o

Keep in mind that to us all, tickets will seem to take forever, even if it's only been a short time. The more urgent the matter, the longer it seems. Then after an eternity, when the ticket is finally answered and the issue resolved, you see it's only been... 15 minutes, or some other reasonably short amount of time.

My experience has been fantastic, though at times.. a little delay is there and that is also considerable when lots of new features and lots of new first time problems are coming..

but at critical stage they had been right at toes...and I appreciate IPS staff for all the support they had given for my two boards.

But true every customer has to look from his end and there is always scope for improvements 9 good to better or better to best).. IPS should look into it.

All the best

I see you contacted us three times:

[list=1] [*]Tue 01 Jun 2010 03:46:13 PM EDT and our staff replied on Tue 01 Jun 2010 04:12:17 PM EDT but you never replied back to us. [*]Fri 04 Jun 2010 02:56:53 PM EDT and our staff replied on Fri 04 Jun 2010 03:16:44 PM EDT you replied back on Fri 04 Jun 2010 05:30:46 PM EDT and we once again replied Mon 07 Jun 2010 03:05:03 AM EDT but you never replied back to us. [*]Thu 10 Jun 2010 04:31:55 PM EDT and our staff replied on Fri 11 Jun 2010 10:19:26 AM EDT (in fact this reply was by myself) but you never replied back to us.

[/list]

At no point did we ignore your requests and actually each time replied well within our quoted terms as part of our license.

If you do not reply to our messages there is nothing we can do about that :)

Will they come back and reply to this topic? That is the question. :)

It would be quite nice if 246dino came back and commented, better still apologized as the problem appears to be their end and not IPS's.

I filed a support ticket yesterday about a very minor problem. I've had several exchanges with the support staff and they have been very helpful.

3DKiwi

I have two IPB Boards.. I have had the opportunity to use IPB Support numerous times, and I have never been disappointed..

Thursday night I put a HTML code in the wrong place, and lost part of the forum and not knowing the Database very well, I put a Ticket in for Support Friday morning... I was fortunate enough to be back up and running within the hour..

So IPB Support is 100% for me..%7Boption%7D

Oldcrow

Archived