Powered By IP.Board 3.0.0

TrixieTang

[quote name='bfarber' date='22 June 2009 - 05:38 PM' timestamp='1245706684' post='1812669']
It will at least be another hour. Think that covers all the bases?

You weren't joking dude, you were being serious. Nice one dude!

[quote name='Axel Wers' date='23 June 2009 - 02:31 PM' timestamp='1245781907' post='1813082']
In Tracker some bugs are fixed for 3.0.1. I think 3.0.1 will be here soon after 3.0.0. I'll wait for newer version.

Read here for some Subscription Manager comments
http://forums.invisionpower.com/topic/285897-final-or-rc3/page__view__findpost__p__1812494

[quote name='Zero5854' date='23 June 2009 - 11:46 PM' timestamp='1245793581' post='1813263']
damn 3.01 is already being made? LOL dont start releasing 30 betas like windows 7 did LOL :)

Keep in mind that when 3.0.0 has been released we plan to make small frequent minor releases to address any pertinent issues. This may be bothersome for some, but it really is the best way of deploying fixes quickly.

Matt's Blog

[quote name='Zero5854' date='23 June 2009 - 05:46 PM' timestamp='1245793581' post='1813263']
damn 3.01 is already being made? LOL dont start releasing 30 betas like windows 7 did LOL :)

Whenever a final release is made (2.x.0, 3.0.0), there is always the x.x.1 soon after because of the number of people who are then using it and discovering bugs either not yet discovered/reported or new bugs created from the fixes for other bugs. In some cases, the x.x.1 leads to a quick x.x.2 as well, but generally after that, it's a crawl on updates because most of the bugs are fixed and any new ones are so minor that it's not worth it to make a full dot release for it.

Generally though, the .0 release tends to catch any major bugs (talking 4/5 or 5/5 on the severity scale) so by .1 it's fixed. Basically, either install and use .0 or wait for .1, depending on how much you're willing to deal with in terms of upgrading.

:)

[quote name='Zero5854' date='23 June 2009 - 05:46 PM' timestamp='1245793581' post='1813263']

Just because we released 3.0.0 doesn't mean every bug out there is resolved. We'll of course work towards 3.0.1 (and forward, as necessary). :) This has been the plan all along.

[quote name='emm1' date='23 June 2009 - 07:34 PM' timestamp='1245800091' post='1813298']
What about language translations, will it be possible to use translated files from 2.3.x? :whistle:

No.

bf, I should be reneweing my license in the next day or so. Exactly how long is it taking to upgrade from 2.3.6 to 3.0? I'm not referring to how long the install takes not from when you put in the request (before anyone makes an obvious statement) but rather how long the conversaion takes.

• Management

Just a quick note on small update releases. We do plan to make them fairly frequently but you don't have to upgrade if you've not encountered any bugs. You can wait until 3.0.2 or later if you wish.

Currently i have forums/ with IPB 2.3.6. I want to load up board/ with 3.0 but using same database and info inside it as the 2.3.6. Then i will only tell admins/moderators about board/ and do some testing on it before we release it to the public.

Just wanting to know if i can copy -r forums/* to board/ and then download the ipb 3.0 from client area, then upload it, then run admin/upgrade/index.php <-- then select the 2.3.6 option to upgrade. <-- If i do this, will it write over the 2.3.6 stuff and stuff up the production site? will it convert any 2.3.6 stuff to 3.0 stuff and then stuff up the tables/templates/custom skins (no custom edited ipb code)? Or will both run successfully no problems?

(i think i may have posted this in wrong section before?)

Someone asked a page ago, so I'll repeat it because I'm curious, too.

Is the Subscription Manager included in Board?

I thought someone, Matt prehaps, said it would be a separate App, but I didn't see anything in the Client Area.

Guess I'll answer this for myself in about a half-hour, after I install it, but thought others might wish to know ahead of time too.

Oh, P.S. to IPS: Silent release, eh? Ya sly bastids. ;)

[quote name='RainbowViper' date='24 June 2009 - 07:12 AM' timestamp='1245823945' post='1813394']

I thought someone, Matt prehaps, said it would be a separate App, but I didn't see anything in the Client Area.

Guess I'll answer this for myself in about a half-hour, after I install it, but thought others might wish to know ahead of time too.

Oh, P.S. to IPS: Silent release, eh? Ya sly bastids. ;)

I think that Matt said that SM will be available in about 2 weeks after IPB v3.0 is released.

[quote name='RainbowViper' date='24 June 2009 - 02:12 AM' timestamp='1245823945' post='1813394']

Already been answered, before IPB3 final was silently released...

[quote name='Luke' date='23 June 2009 - 09:57 AM' timestamp='1245765479' post='1812900']
Is the subscription manager going to be completely separate? I mean I know it's an application, but do you have to download it separately from the IPB download? I would think this is the case, which I personally wouldn't have a problem with.

[quote name='Charles' date='23 June 2009 - 10:00 AM' timestamp='1245765610' post='1812904']
Yes, it will be a separate download now.

[quote name='Nikica' date='24 June 2009 - 02:20 AM' timestamp='1245824426' post='1813396']
I think that Matt said that SM will be available in about 2 weeks after IPB v3.0 is released.

No, Matt used "2 weeks" as an example... Quoted below:
[quote name='Matt' date='22 June 2009 - 10:57 AM' timestamp='1245682641' post='1812462']
Regarding the subscriptions manager: it is a separate application and can be released independently of IP.Board 3.

Think of it this way: you could wait for two weeks for IPB 3 + SM or we could release IPB 3 and SM two weeks after. Either way, those that need the subscriptions manager will have to wait two weeks.

Note: "two weeks" is for illustrative purposes only and is not a written-in-stone release schedule.

I have been working hard on the subscriptions manager and it's almost done and ready for testing.

He wasn't saying it will be two weeks, only that if it takes two weeks for SM to be finished, then they could either release IPB3 first and then SM, or make everyone wait for SM to be finished before releasing IPB3. It was to explain a reason why it wouldn't be included.

• Management

IP.Board 3.0.0 and 2.3.6 cannot share a database. You either leave it as-is for 2.3.6 or upgrade it for 3.0.0. You can copy your database and upgrade the copy.

The subscriptions manager: Yes, it's a separate download. Yes, it's being worked on. I hope to have a beta / RC out early next week.

[quote name='Zefdu31' date='23 June 2009 - 12:27 PM' timestamp='1245774441' post='1813015']
The final version is available in Client Area. Thank you very much to the team of IPB for the surprise!

Zef :)

a very nice surprise to come home to after work :thumbsup:

While I am still unsure about upgrading my live boards with it it will be fun to install as a test board to see how it works. Now I just have to find time to upgrade my server to php 5. :ermm:

Archived