Powered By IP.Board 3.0.0

TrixieTang

[quote name='Μark' date='22 June 2009 - 09:43 PM' timestamp='1245703436' post='1812645']
You know... we put a build new build on here a few days ago (you probably noticed the new expand/collapse) buttons, but because we kept "RC2" in the footer - nobody cared.
Now we update it today, and put it as "3.0.0" - you all go nuts :P

Should have changed it to say Powered By IP.Board 19.9.9 :P

[quote name='Charles' date='22 June 2009 - 03:47 PM' timestamp='1245700070' post='1812603']
I would love to tell you, I really would, but some people take release date estimates far too seriously and will go crazy if we miss an estimated date.

[quote name='Charles' date='22 June 2009 - 03:50 PM' timestamp='1245700203' post='1812605']
Would less than 30 days help at all? I know that's a wide range.

Is it possible to give an "at least" idea? Like, "It'll be at least two weeks", with the bolding intact, so if someone does fail to read that part and tries to say anything, they can be referred back to it and given a road map to a few dictionaries that explain the concept of "at least"? Meanwhile those of us who understand can say, "Ah ok, won't be before that time, but on that day OR AFTER THEN".

The "at least" idea should only be used when there is a definite known date though, and the only hold up comes down to a few things that will definitely be done before then, leaving the release up to the discretion of IPS staff.

[quote name='Charles' date='22 June 2009 - 04:47 PM' timestamp='1245703628' post='1812647']
Yes and we didn't mean to take out the "RC2" tag but bfarber was hell bent on fixing a small language bit issue and did.

Should just take it out completely.. Or change it to say "RC 2.1".. To confuse people. :thumbsup:

[quote name='.Wolfie' date='22 June 2009 - 10:12 PM' timestamp='1245705134' post='1812659']
Is it possible to give an "at least" idea? Like, "It'll be at least two weeks", with the bolding intact, so if someone does fail to read that part and tries to say anything, they can be referred back to it and given a road map to a few dictionaries that explain the concept of "at least"? Meanwhile those of us who understand can say, "Ah ok, won't be before that time, but on that day OR AFTER THEN".

The "at least" idea should only be used when there is a definite known date though, and the only hold up comes down to a few things that will definitely be done before then, leaving the release up to the discretion of IPS staff.

Brandon said something along the lines of "we'd like to have it out by the end of June" and I read on these forums earlier today someone say something like "Well they promised it would be out by the end of June!"
There is a reason we don't say dates.

That being said - I think you'll be fairly pleased when final is released ;)

[quote name='Μark' date='22 June 2009 - 05:28 PM' timestamp='1245706138' post='1812662']
Brandon said something along the lines of "we'd like to have it out by the end of June" and I read on these forums earlier today someone say something like "Well they promised it would be out by the end of June!"

That being said - I think you'll be fairly pleased when final is released ;)

Sounds like its coming out this week :shifty:

[quote name='bfarber' date='22 June 2009 - 10:38 PM' timestamp='1245706684' post='1812669']
It will at least be another hour. Think that covers all the bases?

Edit: This is an attempt at humor, and not an actual release timeframe/idea. ;)

I bet you're lying!

[quote name='bfarber' date='22 June 2009 - 03:38 PM' timestamp='1245706684' post='1812669']
It will at least be another hour.

ZOMG!!!! Only 1 more hour? Everyone let me download it before you crash their servers by slamming F5 repeatedly!

Please note: this is just a small attempt at humor as well :P

I will say though, my 6 months support is up on the 24th...and I only renewed it when I did because of the 1st 3.0 beta coming out. Will kinda suck if the beta process lasted just over 6 months and I have to renew again to be able to update >_<

[quote name='Μark' date='22 June 2009 - 05:28 PM' timestamp='1245706138' post='1812662']

I was the one who asked about it because someone else seemed to think that there was some sort of a promise and wanted to know if there was such a promise or if it was something else. Don't forget, I know the difference between "we'd like" and "we promise". ;)

[quote name='bfarber' date='22 June 2009 - 05:38 PM' timestamp='1245706684' post='1812669']
It will at least be another hour. Think that covers all the bases?

Edit: This is an attempt at humor, and not an actual release timeframe/idea. ;)

Well if you want to cover the bases, you should say that it'll be at least a year and then that way if it comes out sooner, people will be happy. Although I bet you'd still get complaints like, "But you promised it'd be a year!"

[quote name='Mesmer' date='22 June 2009 - 05:40 PM' timestamp='1245706836' post='1812670']
thanks, that will give them at least one hour of sleep :lol:

If they fall asleep now, they won't wake up for a month.

[quote name='superstrikertwo' date='22 June 2009 - 05:56 PM' timestamp='1245707764' post='1812679']
torches-and-pitchforks.jpg

Not yet guys put them away.

No no, wrong picture... Try this one instead...
please.jpg

[quote name='.Wolfie' date='22 June 2009 - 06:09 PM' timestamp='1245708568' post='1812684']
I was the one who asked about it because someone else seemed to think that there was some sort of a promise and wanted to know if there was such a promise or if it was something else. Don't forget, I know the difference between "we'd like" and "we promise". ;)

I said something along the lines of "our intentions at this point in time is to have final out before the end of June". That was back in April or so, I think. People, as they have a habit of doing, took that as "it will be here before June", naturally. Or as some sort of promise, which it clearly wasn't.

[quote name='bfarber' date='22 June 2009 - 08:47 PM' timestamp='1245718046' post='1812724']
I said something along the lines of "our intentions at this point in time is to have final out before the end of June". That was back in April or so, I think. People, as they have a habit of doing, took that as "it will be here before June", naturally. Or as some sort of promise, which it clearly wasn't.

gallery_594_433_3904.jpg

:whistle:

[quote name='bfarber' date='23 June 2009 - 01:47 AM' timestamp='1245718046' post='1812724']

You actually said you were trying to get final out by june, and people took that to mean by the end of June. :P

I know because I was there when you made the post saying that. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Y0Y0' date='22 June 2009 - 10:04 PM' timestamp='1245722678' post='1812743']
So has it been an hour yet? whistle.png

In the real world yes. But in the world of forums, time is skewed. Years can go by in minutes while hours can take years.

Archived