Return to top

TracyIsland

I have the Back to Top plugin enabled for my devsite on 4.7.  The up symbol appears on both the desktop and the mobile display.  It is such a convenience to move up quickly.  I find when I look at the Invision Community site on my mobile, specifically Matt's reply to Invision Community 5: Editor Permissions and Custom Embeds, that I had to flick and flick and flick to reach the top of the site and refer to another notification.  

My suggestion: implement a return to top or back to top as a default feature for the platform, especially since 'plugins' are going away for v5. 

21 minutes ago, TracyIsland said:

especially since 'plugins' are going away for v5. 

This is not true. Plugins how they exist today will be going away but something like this will be certainly possible still by a third party author.

Back to top also is better suited by the OS. No need to clunk up the UI. iOS and desktop have this built in. I’m unsure if Android offers this but you only have so much space on mobile, I’m against clutter and accidental clicks that change the view. 

2 hours ago, Jim M said:

This is not true. Plugins how they exist today will be going away but something like this will be certainly possible still by a third party author.

Tease GIF by Shark Week

5 hours ago, TracyIsland said:

Is this Android shaming?

There are tons of Android owners on Reddit wishing they had this same functionality of the iPhone.

There are also some workarounds; Gestures and try using another browser (like Safari) that shows a visible up button when scrolling. It's 2024 and Android still hasn't got a solution for this problem? 😉