Help!! I can't update to the latest version. There are no applications available to upgrade

No, I did not. However, after this, I uploaded the updated content to the website and chose to overwrite. Then the website would not load, giving a 403 error. I had to revert back to backup.  

It did not work. After copying the files manually, I had no access to the website's back or front end. I had to restore my website back up.

Can you check why the auto update is not working? This worked fine the last time I updated.

You would not have access to either, until you run the upgrade directly from /admin/upgrade . Did you do this? If so, we need to see the issue in action in order to advise on this

If the auto upgrade is showing this, it means it cannot download to your server or unpack. The most likely scenario being permissions on the server (tmp usually) or space

How can it be my hosting when you have not even log to my site to check?

what is the point of seeking support from you in here? 

The site works fine unti I try to update your software. Now you blame my hosting.

The 403 response code is "Forbidden", meaning your hosting is refusing access to that location. I would say however, I did state above if you want us to take a look to confirm, we need to see the issue in action.

2 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

You would not have access to either, until you run the upgrade directly from /admin/upgrade . Did you do this? If so, we need to see the issue in action in order to advise on this

I am having the same problem.  This is the first time auto update has not worked for me. Something must have changed in order to not be working for many of us anymore. I set my tmp directory to 0777 permission. Still doesn't work.  I had to to go to /admin/upgrade and exit out of the upgrade process in order to gain access back to the forum due to forum being paused in upgrade status. I've never done a manual upgrade, so I'm stuck without this upgrade...for now.

Edited by NAWAC

If you are unsure how to do a manual upgrade, you really need to learn how to do this as a self hosted customer. This simply involves uploading the files, then running the upgrade from /admin/upgrade

In terms of the issue itself, as mentioned above, please check in /upload/logs on the server to see what error is coming up

Just now, Marc Stridgen said:

This simply involves uploading the files

Upload to where? Every post I see says to upload the files, but never says to where.

4 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

In terms of the issue itself, as mentioned above, please check in /upload/logs on the server to see what error is coming up

Here's what the log says...

Fri, 15 Mar 2024 10:16:06 -0500
Exception::0
Could not list the files in the zip
#0 /home3/wveiuz42/public_html/memberforum/admin/upgrade/extract.php(643): Extractor->extract(0)
#1 {main}

4 minutes ago, NAWAC said:

Upload to where? Every post I see says to upload the files, but never says to where.

In a nutshell...  you want to upload the files to the same spot where you first installed the IPB software into.  We can't tell you EXACTLY where your files are uploaded on your website as it depends on your hosting provider and how they setup their server.  

Here's a little more detail on the process to do a manual upgrade:

- Download the latest version of the IPB software from the client area.  (If you had a legacy migration from another platform, you might need to also check the box to download the converters as well.)

- Extract that ZIP file that is downloaded.  Inside of it will be all of the files related to IPB.

- Launch an FTP application of your choice and connect to your server.  

- Find where your IPB files are installed on the server.  (If you're using a server with cPanel, this is typically inside of the "public_html" folder.)

- Upload all of the extracted files up to your server.  It will prompt you some of the files already exist and what do you want to do.  You will select to OVERWRITE the existing file.  

This process will take a little bit to do.  Once complete, you will visit yoursite.com/admin/upgrade to kick off the upgrader.  It will ask you to login with your ACP credentials and then walk you through the rest of the steps.  

Don't know if you all saw this. Here's what the log says...

Fri, 15 Mar 2024 10:16:06 -0500
Exception::0
Could not list the files in the zip
#0 /home3/wveiuz42/public_html/memberforum/admin/upgrade/extract.php(643): Extractor->extract(0)
#1 {main}