Cloudflare kills Files upload progress

I’m currently moving my communities to a new managed server and everything works fine or better, but I have one strange issue:

On one installation, the Files app doesn’t show a progress bar for new file uploads when Cloudflare is active. It seems like Cloudflare is interfering with the ajax/plupload(?) functions in the background. If I set the Cloudflare project into developer mode the problem goes away. 

Anyone got any ideas how to resolve that or even just investigate it further? I’m not sure what calls the upload form is making in the background or which Cloudflare settings could be relevant. 

Edited by opentype

The scope of Development Mode below.  So if it works in Development Mode, that should narrow it down to one of those things that is suspended?  Possible there is corrupt JS in the cache?  Have you tried clearing entire cache for the site on CF?

https://developers.cloudflare.com/cache/reference/development-mode/

Development Mode

Development Mode temporarily suspends Cloudflare’s edge caching, minification, Polish, and Railgun (deprecated) features for three hours unless disabled beforehand. Development Mode allows customers to immediately observe changes to their cacheable content like images, CSS, or JavaScript.

Edited by Clover13

8 hours ago, opentype said:

I’m currently moving my communities to a new managed server and everything works fine or better, but I have one strange issue:

On one installation, the Files app doesn’t show a progress bar for new file uploads when Cloudflare is active. It seems like Cloudflare is interfering with the ajax/plupload(?) functions in the background. If I set the Cloudflare project into developer mode the problem goes away. 

Anyone got any ideas how to resolve that or even just investigate it further? I’m not sure what calls the upload form is making in the background or which Cloudflare settings could be relevant. 

Dumb questions, but do the files ever upload? Are you uploading more than 100 MB, which is prohibited on all but their $$$ enterprise plans? 

I use Cloudflare Pro on my primary community and we upload things daily in Files, and you do see the progress bar.  

1 hour ago, Clover13 said:

Possible there is corrupt JS in the cache?  Have you tried clearing entire cache for the site on CF?

Good idea! Thanks! I probably didn’t because I was originally sure it had to do with php.ini settings on my new server.  

42 minutes ago, Joel R said:

Are you uploading more than 100 MB, which is prohibited on all but their $$$ enterprise plans? 

It happened for all file sizes.
The 100 MB limit is not a problem with reasonable php.ini settings so IPS uploads large files in chunks.