The event search function doesn't work or...

The event search function doesn't work or I don't know how to use it. No matter what search criteria you use, it always answers "There were no events matching your search"
I have tried in many ways and I have even manually created a test event and it does not find it.

You can use the search engine however you want.
Here is an example of an event on October 21, 2023 in the "CALENDARIO DE TEST" calendar which should be found on the same date every year since 1981:

https://estadodechile.info/redes/events/event/26612-d%C3%ADa-de-la-educaci%C3%B3n-f%C3%ADsica-del-deporte-y-la-recreaci%C3% B3n/

Edited by arrowman

23 minutes ago, arrowman said:

You can use the search engine however you want.
Here is an example of an event on October 21, 2023 in the "CALENDARIO DE TEST" calendar which should be found on the same date every year since 1981:

https://estadodechile.info/redes/events/event/26612-d%C3%ADa-de-la-educaci%C3%B3n-f%C3%ADsica-del-deporte-y-la-recreaci%C3% B3n/

Found with what search criteria please?

The event in question there is unfortunately an invalid link. However I picked another to search for, and this is working without issue in my test, as you can see here. I realise you may find it picky when we are asking for specific examples, howevee this is the reason why we require specific examples

Could contain: File, Webpage, Page, Text

Here is Link that you find invalid (!?) and its image:

Could contain: Computer Hardware, Electronics, Hardware, Monitor, Screen

As seen, the next event will be held on October 21. You will see it if you click on the month of October of any year since 1981 since the event starts on October 21, 1981. It is an event that belongs to the "CALENDARIO DE TEST" calendar. It's a single day event, full day and repeats every year (as you can see if you enter the CP).

So, as an example, I will search for all events between 1981-01-01 to 2038-01-19 (maximum search date), I want to see all types (physical and online) and will cover the entire period.

Could contain: File, Text, Appliance, Device, Electrical Device, Microwave, Oven

The result is the text "No hubo eventos que coincidan con su búsqueda" which in English means "There were no events matching your search".

Edited by arrowman

• 5 weeks later...

Me too, I seem to be having the same or similar problem.

Click on Event Calendar, using the event search at the top, look for an event/happening within a specific time frame (using common terms/tags, used in most of our events) returns nothing.

9 hours ago, PBarton said:

Me too, I seem to be having the same or similar problem.

Click on Event Calendar, using the event search at the top, look for an event/happening within a specific time frame (using common terms/tags, used in most of our events) returns nothing.

We have a bug report in for this one 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,
I have handloaded events. I don't know if someone is doing something since now the search seems to be giving results, although not quite correct. Also, they appear below the box which is where I think they should appear.

Could contain: File, Machine, Wheel, Webpage, Page, Text, Alloy Wheel, Tire, Vehicle, PersonI have handloaded events. I don't know if anyone is doing something as now the search seems to be working for me. I'm getting results, but they appear below the box which is where I think they should appear. 

42 minutes ago, arrowman said:

Hello,
I have handloaded events. I don't know if someone is doing something since now the search seems to be giving results, although not quite correct. Also, they appear below the box which is where I think they should appear.

Could contain: File, Machine, Wheel, Webpage, Page, Text, Alloy Wheel, Tire, Vehicle, PersonI have handloaded events. I don't know if anyone is doing something as now the search seems to be working for me. I'm getting results, but they appear below the box which is where I think they should appear. 

Unless you are using the current beta version, you havent yet got the bug fixes for this