error in search after updating php 7.4 to php 8

Hi,

I am planning to move on to IPS 4.7.7 so I changed php version to 8. Seems everything is fine till now but search module is not working anymore.. getting this error

Error: Property access is not allowed yet (0)
#0 /var/www/html/ips_2/applications/core/modules/front/search/search.php(729): IPS\Content\Search\Mysql\_Query->search()
#1 /var/www/html/ips_2/applications/core/modules/front/search/search.php(109): IPS\core\modules\front\search\_search->_results()
#2 /var/www/html/ips_2/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\core\modules\front\search\_search->manage()
#3 /var/www/html/ips_2/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#4 /var/www/html/ips_2/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#5 {main}

BACKTRACE
#0 /var/www/html/ips_2/init.php(1004): IPS\_Log::log()
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler()
#2 {main}

Any clue?

FYI, i am still on IPS version 4.6.7. planning to update after fixing this error.

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Person

31 minutes ago, Pushpendra Singh Chauhan said:

Hi,

I am planning to move on to IPS 4.7.7 so I changed php version to 8. Seems everything is fine till now but search module is not working anymore.. getting this error

Error: Property access is not allowed yet (0)
#0 /var/www/html/ips_2/applications/core/modules/front/search/search.php(729): IPS\Content\Search\Mysql\_Query->search()
#1 /var/www/html/ips_2/applications/core/modules/front/search/search.php(109): IPS\core\modules\front\search\_search->_results()
#2 /var/www/html/ips_2/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\core\modules\front\search\_search->manage()
#3 /var/www/html/ips_2/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#4 /var/www/html/ips_2/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#5 {main}

BACKTRACE
#0 /var/www/html/ips_2/init.php(1004): IPS\_Log::log()
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler()
#2 {main}

Any clue?

FYI, i am still on IPS version 4.6.7. planning to update after fixing this error.

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Person

This issue has been addressed in a new version, upgrading will solve this.

10 minutes ago, ThunderBlue said:

Hi. 4.6.7 is not compatible with php8

Sorry I had written in Italian

Invision Community 4.6.0+ supports PHP 8

6 minutes ago, Stuart Silvester said:

Invision Community 4.6.0+ supports PHP 8

Forgive me. I had understood that php8 was compatible from version 4.7.4+. I think I understand now.

1 minute ago, Pushpendra Singh Chauhan said:

Thanks will update to latest IPS version

Sorry for the wrong answer. Good luck with the update. We look forward to hearing from you

On my other webserver I updated the php 8. while i hit the domain only the content of index.php is printing

Invision Power Services, Inc. * @copyright (c) Invision Power Services, Inc. * @license https://www.invisioncommunity.com/legal/standards/ * @package Invision Community * @since 18 Feb 2013 */ \define('REPORT_EXCEPTIONS', TRUE); $_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME'] = __FILE__; require_once 'init.php'; \IPS\Dispatcher\Front::i()->run();

what to do?

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Webpage

3 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

You would need to contact your hosting company on this, as if PHP is printing out rather than executing, there is an issue with that PHP instance

You are right this is related to hosting. On the upgraded php8 a simple php code was not running.

After revert to php7.4 site is working.

Anyone has idea what could be the issue? After updating php8, php not executing. This is not related to IPS but my system admin stuck in this . We are using CentOS 7.

It sounds like they don’t have the PHP handler setup in the Apache config properly.  But there could be a dozen things causing this and without knowing the specifics of how Apache and PHP are setup it’s hard to give good advice. 

Also… something stupid to check…

https://www.cloudbooklet.com/how-to-install-or-upgrade-php-8-1-on-ubuntu-20-04/?amp=1

sudo a2dismod php7.4
sudo a2enmod php8.1

That would obviously need fixed for your versions.  Follow that by an Apache restart  

Edited by Randy Calvert

On 2/9/2023 at 5:33 PM, Stuart Silvester said:

This issue has been addressed in a new version, upgrading will solve this.

On 2/9/2023 at 5:22 PM, ThunderBlue said:

after updating search was working fine. but after 2 days same problem is there. Sometime search is woking but most of the time I am getting error. This is frustrating..

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Webpage, Person

Not only search activity is also throwing the same error. What is this ? Seems new version was released without proper testing

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Webpage

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

15 hours ago, Jim M said:

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

Website is geo fenced so it will not work there. Perhaps I got the root cause. I ve SQL read write separation. If I remove this everything is working fine. FYI I am using MariaDB 10.1.48

As I saw in forum this is a common problem. Please let me know what is the solution of this?

1 hour ago, Marc Stridgen said:

There isnt an issue with read/write separation generally as we use this ourselves. If you are having issues in that area, its your host you would need to contact.

I saw a lot of posts in this regard and IPS reply that there was a issue in cloud that's why I asked for a fix. We handle our server ourselves. My system admin/dba could not find any bug yet. 

Anyone have any idea what could be the issue?

A little hint would be helpful.