Unable to access admin cp after 4.7.5 update and then 4.7.5 patch

Go to solution Solved by Adriano Faria,

My site was updated to 4.7.5 this past Tuesday. 

Several hours ago, my site went offline and it seemed to be because of the bug in the most recent update. I was able to get back into the admin cp, install the 4.7.5 patch and that seemed to update okay. But a few minutes later, the site went offline again - just a blank page.

The plugins are disabled now and I'm still unable to access the admin cp. I'm getting a 500 error that says site cannot be accessed at this time when I try to access the admin cp, but the site/forum is online and seems fine. 

please help me fix. 

thank you

• Solution
On 12/4/2022 at 5:54 AM, Karma Goddess said:

My site was updated to 4.7.5 this past Tuesday. 

Several hours ago, my site went offline and it seemed to be because of the bug in the most recent update. I was able to get back into the admin cp, install the 4.7.5 patch and that seemed to update okay. But a few minutes later, the site went offline again - just a blank page.

The plugins are disabled now and I'm still unable to access the admin cp. I'm getting a 500 error that says site cannot be accessed at this time when I try to access the admin cp, but the site/forum is online and seems fine. 

please help me fix. 

thank you

Just took a look in your board and there is a ton of log entries:

TypeError: Cannot access offset of type string on string (0)
#0 /home/customer/www/eatingdisordercentral.com/public_html/system/Helpers/Form/FormAbstract.php(382): IPS\core\modules\front\system\hook592::IPS\core\modules\front\system\{closure}('1997-04-17')
#1 /home/customer/www/eatingdisordercentral.com/public_html/system/Helpers/Form/Custom.php(94): IPS\Helpers\Form\_FormAbstract->validate()
#2 /home/customer/www/eatingdisordercentral.com/public_html/system/Helpers/Form/FormAbstract.php(170): IPS\Helpers\Form\_Custom->validate()
#3 /home/customer/www/eatingdisordercentral.com/public_html/system/Helpers/Form/FormAbstract.php(147): IPS\Helpers\Form\_FormAbstract->setValue(true)
#4 /home/customer/www/eatingdisordercentral.com/public_html/init.php(927) : eval()'d code(41): IPS\Helpers\Form\_FormAbstract->__construct('bday', Array, true, Array, Object(Closure))
#5 /home/customer/www/eatingdisordercentral.com/public_html/init.php(927) : eval()'d code(10): IPS\core\modules\front\system\hook592::buildRegistrationForm(NULL)
#6 /home/customer/www/eatingdisordercentral.com/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/system/register.php(194): IPS\core\modules\front\system\hook596::buildRegistrationForm(NULL)
#7 /home/customer/www/eatingdisordercentral.com/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/system/register.php(176): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register->_registrationForm(NULL)
#8 /home/customer/www/eatingdisordercentral.com/public_html/system/Helpers/Wizard/Wizard.php(181): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register->IPS\core\modules\front\system\{closure}(Array)
#9 /home/customer/www/eatingdisordercentral.com/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/system/register.php(183): IPS\Helpers\_Wizard->__toString()
#10 /home/customer/www/eatingdisordercentral.com/public_html/init.php(927) : eval()'d code(27): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register->manage()
#11 /home/customer/www/eatingdisordercentral.com/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\core\modules\front\system\nexus_hook_register->manage()
#12 /home/customer/www/eatingdisordercentral.com/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#13 /home/customer/www/eatingdisordercentral.com/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#14 {main}

for this resource, which isn't compatible IPS 4.7.X:

I removed the plugin. Your board is OK now.

1 hour ago, All Astronauts said:

FYI this plugin (@version 6.0.1) is fine on 4.7.5 (Beta 1 at least) and PHP 8.0.x and PHP 8.1.6, even though it has not been flagged up for 4.7 compatibility. If you are running an earlier version that may have been the reason why.

It was 6.0.1 and the signature for the registration methods has wrong parameters default values and is using public instead of private.

No error in the PHP Scanner, not sure why. There is a ton of log entries pointing to the hook of this plugin, that’s why I got there.