Problem with locked tasks

Go to solution Solved by Daniel F,

According to the error log you're not using PHP8 for the CLI cron job, even if your TASK setting shows the path to the php8 executable.

I've called the locked tasks from the ACP where they worked without any problems and have added some logging code to the applications/core/interface/task/task.php to see what's going on.

Depending on your set up for cronjobs it can be that your path in the cronjob (config) still points to the 7.4 executable. If you use Plesk f.e. and you use their menu for cronjobs where you have to provide the absolute path to PHP this can happen. It happened for me when I changed my PHP version and forget about the cronjobs. But you can't see this in ACP.

Edited by Hatsu

• Solution

Can you confirm that you also updated the cron job after switching the PHP version?

8 minutes ago, Hatsu said:

Depending on your set up for cronjobs it can be that your path in the cronjob (config) still points to the 7.4 executable. If you use Plesk f.e. and you use their menu for cronjobs where you have to provide the absolute path to PHP this can happen. It happened for me when I changed my PHP version and forget about the cronjobs. But you can't see this in ACP.

Yea, I'm quite sure that it's this. The current command in the ACP to create the cron job points to  /opt/cpanel/ea-php80/root/usr/bin/php 

so anything created with PHP7.x would have pointed to /opt/cpanel/ea-php7....

3 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

Can you confirm that you also updated the cron job after switching the PHP version?

I didn't know about the Cron job path. I will check out the cPanel and confirm it's correctly setup. I've been running the community on PHP 8 for a few weeks now without these issues and I didn't update any Cron job settings.

1 minute ago, OptimusBain said:

I didn't know about the Cron job path. I will check out the cPanel and confirm it's correctly setup. I've been running the community on PHP 8 for a few weeks now without these issues and I didn't update any Cron job settings.

Yea we're just starting to utilize the new PHP8 features and new functions, so there's now a new function being used inside our Mail Class which is only available in PHP>8

So each time a mail is being sent via the cron, it results in 

Error: Call to undefined function str_starts_with() (0)
#0 /home/.../init.php(927) : eval()'d code(144): IPS\_Email::_parseElementForClickTracking(Object(DOMElement), '..')