Trying to upgrade from 4.4.6 but getting 2S119/1 Something went wrong. Please try again

2 minutes ago, cualupe said:

Hello. My entire website is now broken all of a sudden despite me not having gotten back to this issue.

Could contain: Text, Page, Business Card, Paper

This is shown on the front end of the entire site.

How can I cancel this to get the current out of date site working again for users?

The only way to “cancel” an upgrade is to restore from a backup. If you’re getting an error, it means either you don’t meet the system requirements or you are using a 3rd party plugin that is not compatible with the latest version. 

You can install the following script to check if you meet the system requirements for the latest version of IPB:

If everything is green there, you can use Recovery Mode to disable all of your 3rd party resources:

Use a different browser to make sure you’re not logged into the ACP already. Once you turn on recovery mode and logged in, it will make you remove the variable from constants.php to continue using the ACP

Recovery mode has you edit (or create) a constants.php file which you upload via FTP to your site. It then disables all plugins and applications.  Use the second link I gave you for details on how to do it  

The compatibility script you also upload via FTP to confirm you meet the requirements for the version you’re attempting to install.  It’s in the first link I gave you. 

Edited by Randy Calvert

Sounds like you don’t have all of the files downloaded properly?  Download a copy of the 4.7.3 files from the client area… upload them to your website via FTP (override anything already there) and then run domain.com/admin/upgrade again. 

If that does not work, an IPS staff member may need to look. Make sure you have your info updated in the client area (both FTP and ACP details) as that is a common thing that delays getting help. If you use an email to login to the ACP instead of username, make sure that is used when you put your info on file. 

I've uploaded the latest software files.

It says the permissions are wrong on these files but doesn't say what they should be:

applications/core/setup/upg_40000/checks.php
system/Task/Task.php

It also says this:

You have one or more InnoDB tables that are using the `Compact` row format. This may limit the amount of data that can be stored within the table. We recommend changing it to 'Dynamic'. If you are not sure how to do this, you should contact your hosting provider or system administrator for assistance.

Not sure what this relates to.

---

Edited by cualupe

I also see this: Some source files are not correct for the current version. If you uploaded the files to your server manually, the process may have failed or not completed yet. Download the latest version from your client area and upload the files again in order to continue.

So I am reuploading everything again at the moment.

Make sure your FTP program doesn't glitch and stop transferring, misses uploading a file or for whatever reason has a brain fart. It has happened to me before and I never understood why so I sat there actively staring at the status bars for each file until the end and it worked. Some FTP programs are more volatile than others.

Uploaded files and folders should already have the correct permissions assigned, so you wouldn't have to manually chmod them to anything else.

Let us know how you go after uploading everything again.

Ok I think I've managed to successfully install via the manual upgrade, thank you for everyone's direction and assistance.

It's a huge change from the last version I had so there is a lot to index and then a lot to configure.

One question, all users' ranks seem to have been reset due to the new system. We have users that have been registered for over 10 years. Is there any way to get this to register all of a users' previous activity to restore their rank?

18 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

You will have been asked during the upgrade procedure if you wish to keep old ranks. Bear in mind, you will not see them in the same place as on old versions. Point at the icon next to your name for example

So given that I didn't select this all that is gone? Should it not be able to see the post counts and bump everyone to where they should sit? Or do I need to configure this whole new system now

I'm trying to Rebuild Member's Achievements and it's asking me to sign in again from ACP but not specifying which credentials it wants. It asks for a Display Name and password. I've tried both the admin creds Ii'm already logged in with and my IPB creds (I login with an email not a display name) and get this error:

2S119/1 The CSRF protection key did not match. This may indicate a plugin or theme is out of date. Please contact technical support for more information.

I also have issues loading the Reptutation & Reactions section. It just never loads:

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Webpage

When trying to edit forums it asks me to login again then loads the same screen inside itself:

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Webpage

Edited by cualupe

You’ll want to check your .htaccess and ensure there isn’t anything custom there to test it isn’t interfering. Grabbing a new one from ACP > System > Search Engine Optimization.

If that does not resolve it, check if mod_security is enabled and disable it temporarily. 

I'm in that section of ACP and again I am having a never-ending loading circle

Could contain: Page, Text, File

There is a whole bunch of stuff in htaccess but I'm not sure what is related or can be edited/changed. I'll add the content from the downloaded file. There was an older version in there (I could tell because webp wasn't in there).

What should I be looking for that would cause these loading issues?

Edited by cualupe