Trying to upgrade from 4.4.6 but getting 2S119/1 Something went wrong. Please try again

Another issue is I'm trying to delete items and they don't delete.

Old themes that appear in the themes section. I added an Achievement Rule but then wanted to delete it. I click delete, refresh the page and it's still there. How would this be fixed?

Sorry to continue like this but I need to get these fixed. The header image seems to explode when opening sections of the forum:

Could contain: Concert, Crowd, Person, Man, Adult, Male, Urban, Face, Head, Club

This is how it should look, as when loaded on the homepage:

Could contain: People, Person, Concert, Crowd

I followed an official guide for this which said to add this css:

@media screen and (min-width:980px){

#ipsLayout_header header{
      background-image: url('{resource="headerv3.jpg" app="core" location="global"}');
      background-size: cover;
      background-position: 50% 0%;
      background-repeat: no-repeat;
    }

It works sometimes but other times blows up the image like the screenshot. How can I stop this from happening please?

Can an admin please log into my installation and check these issues?

Most of the things I'm trying to fix it opens a small window and tells me to log in again, then when I log in it logs me out then the loop starts again. I can't actually access parts of ACP due to this.

8 hours ago, cualupe said:

I'm in that section of ACP and again I am having a never-ending loading circle

Could contain: Page, Text, File

There is a whole bunch of stuff in htaccess but I'm not sure what is related or can be edited/changed. I'll add the content from the downloaded file. There was an older version in there (I could tell because webp wasn't in there).

What should I be looking for that would cause these loading issues?

I'd advise renaming that .htaccess to .htaccess.old and seeing if this improves your ACP access as something is currently wrong on your server preventing this to load.

2 hours ago, Jim M said:

I'd advise renaming that .htaccess to .htaccess.old and seeing if this improves your ACP access as something is currently wrong on your server preventing this to load.

I tried a fresh htaccess with just the default stuff in it and the entire website 500 error'd

1 minute ago, cualupe said:

I tried a fresh htaccess with just the default stuff in it and the entire website 500 error'd

You would need to work with your hosting provider on what is required as a part of that .htaccess. Sounds like that may be where you set your PHP version. Essentially, you need to pair down the .htaccess to the bare minimum as there is something custom in there causing issues.

You think all these random errors and items not loading and some sections working is entirely htaccess related? Even when there's nothing in there but the required IPB code? Is someone in the admin team able to just login (details are added in client area) and see for yourself the weird loading issues in ACP?

1 hour ago, cualupe said:

You think all these random errors and items not loading and some sections working is entirely htaccess related? Even when there's nothing in there but the required IPB code? Is someone in the admin team able to just login (details are added in client area) and see for yourself the weird loading issues in ACP?

Believe there is some confusion here. If you’re changing the .htaccess and getting an 500 Internal Server Error, you need to check what you have there. As mentioned, you will want to check if you’re setting the PHP version there, if you’re setting this there then you’ll need to carry that over. Unfortunately, as you have so many custom items in it, this would need to be managed by yourself as you are responsible for server items, such as this.

If you disable all custom rewrites and redirects and get the site running on the correct PHP version, we can certainly take a further look. 

Is it fine to run this version of IPB on PHP7.4? If so then it's all setup, there's no addons or plugins activated and I have several errors loading items of the ACP. There doesn't seem to be a NEED to use php 8.0 or 8.1 yet.

With this, is it possible to review why there are still so many areas of ACP not loading, or pushing me into a login/auto logout/log back in loop?

16 minutes ago, cualupe said:

Is it fine to run this version of IPB on PHP7.4? If so then it's all setup, there's no addons or plugins activated and I have several errors loading items of the ACP. There doesn't seem to be a NEED to use php 8.0 or 8.1 yet.

With this, is it possible to review why there are still so many areas of ACP not loading, or pushing me into a login/auto logout/log back in loop?

4.7.4, which is the current release (as of Wednesday) of the IPB software REQUIRES PHP 8.  4.7.3 allows the use of PHP7.4.  

The release you're on, 4.7.3, is the latest release compatible with PHP 7.4. If you're receiving a 500 Internal Server Error when changing your .htaccess though, this means your PHP is set in there.

Please ensure you've removed all custom rewrites and redirects from your .htaccess and update FTP access on file as it is currently invalid.

It is also worth mentioning that you have quite an old third-party application installed called "Rules" which has not been supported in quite some major releases and has been known to do some funky things, even when disabled. I would recommend uninstalling that completely.

I'm on IPB 4.7.3 using PHP 7.4.32 which means I meet all the requirements.

A week ago when these issues started happening 4.7.4 didn't exist for clients.

I have updated the FTP credentials in client area.

I just added a clean htaccess with the IPB code and tried to switch to PHP8.0 and the page loads blank. Some of the loading issues in ACP have ceased though, but I can't upgrade without PHP8.0

Edited by cualupe

You had 2 files called "default.php" and "default.html" uploaded to your installation directory. Your server might have been loading this file in conjunction with our software as it is a default document name (index and default are reserved file names). Please do not upload custom scripts with reserved server file names or you may receive unintended results. I have renamed this "default.php.rename" and "default.html.rename" for you to rename something else.

17 minutes ago, Jim M said:

You had 2 files called "default.php" and "default.html" uploaded to your installation directory. Your server might have been loading this file in conjunction with our software as it is a default document name (index and default are reserved file names). Please do not upload custom scripts with reserved server file names or you may receive unintended results. I have renamed this "default.php.rename" and "default.html.rename" for you to rename something else.

Thanks. The issue I have is there's more than 1 site installed in the main directory and it's hard to keep track of what relates to what else. Was there a clear indication those files related to IPB? I don't want any other sites to have issues with changes like that.

The htaccess clean out seems to have sorted a few of the ACP loading issues.

The issue that remains is being able to upgrade to PHP8+

21 hours ago, cualupe said:

Sorry to continue like this but I need to get these fixed. The header image seems to explode when opening sections of the forum:

Could contain: Concert, Crowd, Person, Man, Adult, Male, Urban, Face, Head, Club

background-image: url('{resource="headerv3.jpg" app="core" location="global"}');
    }

It works sometimes but other times blows up the image like the screenshot. How can I stop this from happening please?

Also this issue remains. Not sure why this is happening.

3 minutes ago, cualupe said:

Thanks. The issue I have is there's more than 1 site installed in the main directory and it's hard to keep track of what relates to what else. Was there a clear indication those files related to IPB? I don't want any other sites to have issues with changes like that.

The htaccess clean out seems to have sorted a few of the ACP loading issues.

The issue that remains is being able to upgrade to PHP8+

You will not be able to run more than 1 software in a folder as many have conflicting folder/file names.

If you need to compare what is in our software, you can download a full set of files from the Client Area.

To upgrade to PHP 8, I’d advise using our compatibility checker script to ensure that you have all required modules enabled and uninstall any incompatible third party applications and plugins with PHP 8 or upgrade them. 

You will not be able to run more than 1 software in a folder as many have conflicting folder/file names.

Only IPB runs in there. I just mean that I didn't add those files. They also didn't appear to be causing issues as the problems were fixed with a htaccess update before you removed those files.

If you need to compare what is in our software, you can download a full set of files from the Client Area.

I upgraded the forum this week by downloading and uploading the entire software package, so can 100% confirm I have all the correct files.

To upgrade to PHP 8, I’d advise using our compatibility checker script to ensure that you have all required modules enabled and uninstall any incompatible third party applications and plugins with PHP 8 or upgrade them. 

I have the compatibility script already and everything is green ticks except for the PHP version.

But changing php to 8.0 = blank page instead of the website

5 minutes ago, cualupe said:

have the compatibility script already and everything is green ticks except for the PHP version.

But changing php to 8.0 = blank page instead of the website

You would need to run the compatibility script after you change to PHP 8. It will only run on what version is set. 

4 minutes ago, Jim M said:

You would need to run the compatibility script after you change to PHP 8. It will only run on what version is set. 

I tried that also, it just made the PHP version go to a green tick. But the site was a blank page.

That would mean there is an underlying 500 Internal Server Error that you would need the server error log entry for. If it is a server issue, please contact your hosting provider for assistance. If it is a software issue, please post it here 

22 hours ago, cualupe said:

}

Can you please give some direction on this issue?

10 minutes ago, Jim M said:

You would need to work with your theme author for assistance. Customizations are outside our scope of support. 

This is the default IPB theme. Didn't you guys author it? I followed an IPB guide to change the banner from solid colour to an image.

Just now, cualupe said:

This is the default IPB theme. Didn't you guys author it? I followed an IPB guide to change the banner from solid colour to an image.

I’m afraid, you posted customized CSS which is not something which is in our scope of support. We only support our theme as it comes. Any custom CSS added to it would be outside our scope of support.

Could you please link to this guide that you used?